How to made Personal Backup and Full Backup.

bogdanm

How to made Personal Backup and Full Backup.

As follows:-

I } Personal Backup

1} Press Menu button @STB Remote Control , and info page will show {1}
1.JPG
2} Then select BH Personal Backup you will see " Personal Backup: Not found" you see this info because you have not made a backup yet {2}
2.JPG
3} Now press Yellow button, after this you will see the option to change the location where the backup will be created. Best place is HDD becouse it is never formatted when you flash a new image to your box {3}
3.JPG
4} When you push Red button your box will start to copy files to the backup {4}
4.JPG
5} When complete, you will see a message to tell you that your personal backup has been created {5}
5.JPG
6} Press OK and then you will get back to the BH Personal Backup Menu, here it will show you the backup which you can restore from.{7}
6.JPG
7} To restore a Personal Backup just press the Green Button. The image will ask you if you sure about doing this, just press OK.
7.JPG
8} Now you will enter the Black Hole Restore Preferences menu, in this menu you have the option to restore the complete backup {8}
8.JPG
Or only can restore just the options you want [ just enable/disable all options you want from the list]
9.JPG
9} Now the image will Restore your backup with the preferences you selected {10}
10.JPG
10} When complete it will ask you to reboot {11}. Press OK button and your box will reboot and you will have restored your backup on your box.
11.JPG

II } Full Backup

1} Press Menu button @STB Remote Control , and the info page will show {12}
12.JPG
2} Then select BH Full Backup, you will be asked where you want your backup saved too.
Best pleace to save a Full Backup is HDD because the hdd is not formatted when a new image is uploaded to the box{13}
13.JPG
3} Now press the Red button to create a backup, there will be alot of info on the screen, similar to this. {14}
It usually takes around 6-8 minutes to create a full backup (around 3.5 minutes on a Solo2), so please be patient.
14.JPG
4} When the backup has been created, you will see a screen similar to this, telling you how long the process took, and that the process has finished {15}
15.JPG

Thank you EVO and Artorius in help with translation

Rgds

NickZ

Vu+ User
I have BH in flash, MeoBoot activated and 3 options of meobooting. Can I make full backup of them all together?

NickZ

Vu+ User
I will make the next step and use the backup in MeoBoot again. The idea is to arrange a meoboot cascade to have doubled number of available images :eek:

valery84

Vu+ Newbie
How to do a Personal backup with two or three universes saved? If I do a backup in BH universe, then I go in Avalon and I make a backup, the second overwrite the first made...

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
In each universe you have to use Menu-> Backup menu -> Personal backup -> Setup (yellow button)
and choose a different folder from the other universes.

Actual English names of above menu items may differ, I've translated them from my Italian version.

valery84

Vu+ Newbie
Thank You eragon, but the only folders to choose is hdd or usb, I don't see the possibility to choose between other folders...

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
You are right, it's not possible to select subfolders...:(

Another solution could be the following procedure (slightly boring indeed...)

For each one of your universes make a Personal backup in /media/usb.
Then after each backup connect via ftp to /media/usb and save that file to you PC.
Repeat this procedure for each instance and at last remember to save on your PC also the Personal backup for your main image and be sure to leave this last backup in /media/usb.

When reinstalling follow a similar procedure:
Flash the main image and restore the Personal backup when asked to do so.
Replace via ftp the backup file in /media/usb with one of your universes and restore that universe.
Repeat this for each universe.

I haven't tried this procedure by myself, so it's only a theory...:)

Ombra Blu

Vu+ User
which is the difference between personal and full back up ?.. does full back un includes also epg setting ? ..or epg back up must be done a part ? ..

i wan to flash the new image bh 2. 08 ... is it possible save current setting and thn transfer them to the nwew image ?..how? thx :p

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
which is the difference between personal and full back up ?.. does full back un includes also epg setting ? ..or epg back up must be done a part ?
Full backup is like creating an image of your hard disk, it creates on a USB pendrive a flashable image (an exact copy of your box's flash memory) that can be flashed as usual.
This image includes everything has been installed and configured over time, restoring it recreates the situation as it was at the time the backup was taken.

a911

The BH Lover
When U install a new image , the Personal backup could be used and it will give back all your settings!

pericus

Vu+ Newbie
Hi to All. I'm trying to do a full backup in a usb stick, and with the usb connected to the vuplus (solo) appears a message that says: Sorry no device found to store backup. Please check your media in Black Hole debices panel.

I try every thing but there's no way...Any one can help me?

Thanks!

Mito

Administrator
Hi to All. I'm trying to do a full backup in a usb stick, and with the usb connected to the vuplus (solo) appears a message that says: Sorry no device found to store backup. Please check your media in Black Hole debices panel.

I try every thing but there's no way...Any one can help me?

Thanks!
Did you try to mount your USB stick by Devices Manager?
blue panel > BH apps > devices manager

Yannis_d

Vu+ User
hello i am confused.
i have bh208.1 aned i want to update to bh209.i
In flash i only have the image.And in avalon universe i have my settings and all the plugins.
How should i proceed to save both settings and plugins,with personal or full back up?
thanks

jrbmw

Vu+ User
I have a full backup on my hdd .I have had to flash a new image as my vu duo crashed. how do I flash the backup

Regards