Duo2 12437 , Thor7

daif01

Vu+ Newbie
I have vu+duo2 with 4 sat tuner. 120 cm motorized dish with inverto black ultra LNB. I live in Sweden. I have strange problem. I receive all KU transponders on 0.8 W satellite with excellent signal, with exception of 12437 H 3000 2/3. I use only tuner A , i tested other tuners , but same problem. I have played with transponders parameter , but still no signal. i have tested different images , including original image. The dish , cable and LNB is ok , as i can receive most of channels from 12W to 47 E. Any help and suggesions is appreciated. Yhanks in advance.

daif01

Vu+ Newbie
I have vu+duo2 with 4 sat tuner. 120 cm motorized dish with inverto black ultra LNB. I live in Sweden. I have strange problem. I receive all KU transponders on 0.8 W satellite with excellent signal, with exception of 12437 H 3000 2/3. I use only tuner A , i tested other tuners , but same problem. I have played with transponders parameter , but still no signal. i have tested different images , including original image. The dish , cable and LNB is ok , as i can receive most of channels from 12W to 47 E. Any help and suggesions is appreciated. Yhanks in advance.
sorry i meant symbol rate 30000 .

harddriver

Vu+ User
screenshot.jpg screenshot1.jpg Hi
With my Solo 4K i have no Problem and yes i know
the 4K has an other Tuner as your Box so it was only an Info
btw my Dish is an 90cm on an 10 Year old Stab Rotor ;)

harddriver

Vu+ User
Hi

The other Transponders 12149 V / 12360 H / 12399 H / 12476 H on Thor7 Works ?
If yes than it´s a very strange issue cause they are all on the same Europe Beam
Have you try it with the Manual Search and the Parameters you can see at the attached Picture?
Picture is taken from my Main Box DM 7080 ( it´s another Tuner connected to my 2nd Rotor )
so i don´t have any Problem with 2 different Boxes and 2 different Tuners on 2 different Rotors
screenshot.jpg

daif01

Vu+ Newbie
Hi

The other Transponders 12149 V / 12360 H / 12399 H / 12476 H on Thor7 Works ?
If yes than it´s a very strange issue cause they are all on the same Europe Beam
Have you try it with the Manual Search and the Parameters you can see at the attached Picture?
Picture is taken from my Main Box DM 7080 ( it´s another Tuner connected to my 2nd Rotor )
so i don´t have any Problem with 2 different Boxes and 2 different Tuners on 2 different Rotors
View attachment 27504
Thank you very much for your reply and info. All other transponders on Thor 7 including 12149 V / 12360 H / 12399 H / 12476 H working with very strong signals. Have made manual search according your pic , but same result.

harddriver

Vu+ User
Hi

Last think i can say is to try it with a ready to use Sat List
I would say a Sat List from catseye is a good choice
also there is a new 1 out since last night,sadly the BH Team
don´t support it no longer,it´s no longer on the Feed
anyway,try this if that don´t solve your Problem ? i can´t say
anything more,unfortunately

Edit 1 last think
Have you a friend nearby were you can Test it too with your Box ?
that gives you the possibility to exclude an error of the box so you would know
the issue is on your Dish/Cable/LnB/F connector

Last edited:

daif01

Vu+ Newbie
Today i borrowed Dreambox 500HD from a friend , i test it at my home , it could find all channels on 12437 with very strong signal. That means that there is no problem with dish, LNB , cable . It also exclude DECT - interference. what i can not understand is that i have 4 sat tuner on my vu+duo2 , since i bought it for 2 years ago , i only used only one tuner ( tuner A) , i never used the other 3 tuners, but when i tested the other 3 tuner , it was same problem ( no signal on 12437. I also tested with a ready to use channel list, but no signal on channels that on 12437.

harddriver

Vu+ User
Hi

Sorry to hear this and Welcome to the secret World of Enigma2
maybe a Dev from here with a Duo2 can Help you better than i can
cause i have no Duo2 and also no other ideas than i wrote earlier in this Thread.

Edit you can take a look into the Sat.xml located in /etc/tuxbox if this entry is in there
</sat>
<sat name="Intelsat 10-02/Thor (0.8W)" flags="1" position="-8">
<transponder frequency="12437000" symbol_rate="30000000" polarization="0" fec_inner="2" inversion="2" modulation="2" system="1" pilot="2" rolloff="0"/>
if yes than i´m done
if no insert this line into the sat.xml and try it with a new scan
Info : usually this entry is generated automaticly during a manual scan but you never no
Attached a new Sat.xml from Reinh@rd with the Transponder in

Attachments

• E2-satellites-xml-31.07.2016.zip
    26.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

oldgraf

Vu+ Newbie
Just tested with solo2 - signal is to the max, 17 db. OBH 0.1. Dont have subscription to test pictures

daif01

Vu+ Newbie
Hi

Sorry to hear this and Welcome to the secret World of Enigma2
maybe a Dev from here with a Duo2 can Help you better than i can
cause i have no Duo2 and also no other ideas than i wrote earlier in this Thread.

Edit you can take a look into the Sat.xml located in /etc/tuxbox if this entry is in there
</sat>
<sat name="Intelsat 10-02/Thor (0.8W)" flags="1" position="-8">
<transponder frequency="12437000" symbol_rate="30000000" polarization="0" fec_inner="2" inversion="2" modulation="2" system="1" pilot="2" rolloff="0"/>
if yes than i´m done
if no insert this line into the sat.xml and try it with a new scan
Info : usually this entry is generated automaticly during a manual scan but you never no
Attached a new Sat.xml from Reinh@rd with the Transponder in
Thank you very much for your reply and valuable info. I replaced my sat.xml file with your sat.xml file . i made scan , but same problem. Very strange issue.

m35istan

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,
I live in Istanbul/Turkey. I receive very good with multifeed center 7east 90cm dish with solo2.

A3Aa0v.png 0y7d4Z.png

Thanks.

Last edited:

daif01

Vu+ Newbie
Today i borrowed VU+zero from friend. I tested with my equipment at my home , i could get all channels on 12437 on thor 7 without any problems and with very strong signals . I do not understand why i cannot get any signal from same frequency with my vu+duo2 using exact same equipment. My duo2 have 4 sat tuner , 3 of them i have never used. everything else on my vu+duo is working perfectly.

Mick12334

I own a VU+ Duo 2, running the latest Black Hole, 3.02, and have no problems, with that frequency.
I just did a manual scan:
12437 H 30000 DVB-S2 8PSK 2/3
and found 8 channels.

Have you tried re-starting your receiver, via the menu shut down options, then doing a manual scan?
If this fails try re-flashing the receiver, set up the tuner, and manually scan for the channels, prior to loading anything else, including a channel list.

daif01

Vu+ Newbie
I own a VU+ Duo 2, running the latest Black Hole, 3.02, and have no problems, with that frequency.
I just did a manual scan:
12437 H 30000 DVB-S2 8PSK 2/3
and found 8 channels.

Have you tried re-starting your receiver, via the menu shut down options, then doing a manual scan?
If this fails try re-flashing the receiver, set up the tuner, and manually scan for the channels, prior to loading anything else, including a channel list.
Thank you for your reply . I have re- started the receiver , searches manually , re-flashed , tried all available images for vu+duo2, but still same problem.

Nitemare

Vu+ User
Note this Xpnder on Thor 7 and the footprint falls away sharply over the UK from East to West. I'm in N.Ireland with 2.2 Precision Metals Dish and I don't receive anything either.

see footprint here ...
Code:
http://www.telenorsat.com/thor7/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/THOR-7-coverage.pdf

Hope this assists??

Last edited by a moderator:

Mick12334

Try removing the second tuner card, it's just plug & play, like in a PC, then try manually scanning in the signal.
If that fails replace the first tuner, with the second, and try again.
If that fails try both tuners, in the second slot.
You can also try and download a channel list, which already contains those frequencies.
If that fails then take your Duo 2 to a local shop and ask them to test it, or try your receiver on someone else's dish.
Seeing a you've re-flashed the receiver, with the latest image, and tried scanning before loading anyhtin else, I doubt the problem is with the satellites.xml file, or any plugins, addons, you've loaded.

Why have you got 4 tuners if only one is connected?
How have you got your tuners configured?

Nitemare

Vu+ User
UPDATE ... a slight re-focus of my dish has now given me reception of the Xpndr in question. I've noted that Thor 7 is currently located at 0.57° West , Thor 5 is at 0.7° West and Thor 6 at 0.81° West. A slight re-tune Eastwards has increased my signal strength for Thor 7 and the services on 11437 have appeared.

I hope this might help?