Request 2160p 30hz option?

Matrix10

Administrator
Now I understand.
Then there's something wrong with that splitter
If you have a picture without splitter.
This means he does not transmit something as it should because he has to transmit the input signal
1 : 1 at the output.
Have you tried other sources on that splitter that have 50 or 60 Hz ???
If you have the same result with other sources.
It seems he reduces/split the output frequency to two of 30 Hz

meekey

Vu+ Newbie
Yeah I get a picture no problem without the splitter. I don`t have any other 4k sources to test. I have 3 different 4k splitters which vary in price but none of them give me a picture at 50/60hz.

meekey.

Contact99

Vu+ User
Does this splitter convert 30Hz to 60Hz?
As far as I know 4K @60 come in and goes out twice via HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 in the 60Hz but will no convert to 30Hz
Anyhow I got the 4x1 60Hz s Switcher and also got the Splitter on Friday. Now I wait for the 0.5M 18G/B per sec cable and a 1 M one and will let you know

Have a look
https://www.auselectronicsdirect.com.au/4-way-hdmi-2.0-18gbps-uhd-switcher-with-audio-spli

Also

https://www.auselectronicsdirect.com.au/2-way-hdmi-2.0-18gbps-uhd-splitter

Contact99

Vu+ User
I would be happy with 4K @30Hz pictures but at the moment I can get NOTHING!! not unless I connect the HDMI direct from the TV to the Ultimo. I cant have that.

meekey

Vu+ Newbie
I would be happy with 4K @30Hz pictures but at the moment I can get NOTHING!! not unless I connect the HDMI direct from the TV to the Ultimo. I cant have that.

I would also be happy with that but Blackhole image doesn`t give you the option of 2160p@30hz. Are you using Blackhole image? Some of the other images give you that option. I`ve tried them and they work but I can`t get the Extrachannelselection plugin to work on any of them. I like to have my box setup just the way I like and only Blackhole lets me do that. I`m a bit obsessive

meekey

Matrix10

Administrator
I can not help you.
But I'm wondering if the 1080P goes through the splitter.
Have you tried the options in A / V for HDMI Colorspace and HDMI Colordepth with 2160P ?

meekey

Vu+ Newbie
1080p works fine through the splitter. I`ve tried changing the settings in the A/V but there are loads of different options that I don`t know what I`m meant to select. Although, apart from selecting 2160p in the Mode option, there is no other setting I can see for 2160p.

meekey.

Matrix10

Administrator
I think the total bandwidth and amount of data creates a problem.
With HDMI Colorspace and HDMI Colordepth is possible (if it works well ?)
you can reduce data flow (amount of data).
The same is with TV set. On some TVs there are various options for HDMI input
and it all needs to be tested.
It is possible that some of these combinations may be a good option.

Matrix10

Administrator
Color depth or colour depth , also known as bit depth, is either the number of bits used to indicate the color of a single pixel, in a bitmapped image or video frame buffer, or the number of bits used for each color component of a single pixel.

YCbCr is the YUV color space recorded digitally. Y is brightness (luma), and Cb and Cr are the U and V color difference signals (see YUV for details). In chroma subsampling, only the colors are compressed, not the luma because the eye is more sensitive to brightness than to the color components.

YCbCr is designated as 4:n:n. The 4 represents a sampling rate of 13.5 MHz, which is the standard frequency (ITU-R BT.601) for digitizing analog NTSC, PAL and SECAM. The next two digits represent the Cb and Cr rate. Review the illustrations below for details. Each 8x8 matrix represents a "macroblock" of 64 pixels in a video frame. The pink squares are the pixel locations where the sample is taken. Sony's HDCAM uses a different notation because it compresses both the luma and the colors (see 3:1:1).

4:4:4 (Cb/Cr Same as Luma) Cb and Cr are sampled at the same full rate as the luma. MPEG-2 supports 4:4:4 coding, but having the same number of color difference samples as the luma is considered overkill and not worth the additional bandwidth to transmit it. When video is converted from one color space to another, it is often resampled to 4:4:4 first.

It can be compared with photo in different Hi color formats , 4 bit,16 bit,32 bit ...
It is clear that as many bits are is better quality provided that the system can transmit it and TV playback.
It is clear that this requires more data than a smaller number of bits.

HDMI MODES

https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-Definition_Multimedia_Interface

HDMI 2.0 ? (ultimo 4K ?) increases the maximum bandwidth to 18.0 Gbit/s.

Last edited:

Matrix10

Administrator
If I understand it well
Only HDMI 2.0 can transmit and play 2160P 60Hz 60 fps
So when buying TVs and devices, splitter and the like they have to meet these specifications
With the arrival of HDR the requirements are even greater

2160P 30 Hz is not HDMI 2.0

Matrix10

Administrator
If I understand well (German language)
this splitter works well with VU +

Ligawo 3080026 HDMI Switch

Of course I did not test.
therefore I am not guaranteeing anything

https://www.amazon.de/HDMI-HDR-Switch-Softwaresteuerung-Fernbedienung/dp/B06XTPQP4B

Ligawo-Support
If you switch the resolution, this information must also be communicated to the connected devices. This can only be done by a new EDID adjustment. For this your device must initiate this comparison. An adjustment takes 5-8 seconds. If your device changes resolution too many times and in too short intervals, it may not pass through this adjustment and then there will be no picture because its source does not render an image unless it has completed the adjustment. Then it may be necessary to restart the devices involved.
As an option, you can try here the successor to the 3080026.
2160p is currently no concrete description of a resolution anymore. You always have to pay attention to the color format you use. With the switch exactly in the description under "technical data" which color formats with which Hz number are supported. If it outputs 60Hz at 4K more than is supported, there can be no display on the terminal. Here you should check the settings on your receiver and adjust / adapt to the technical data of the switch.
Or they take the 3080026 this higher color format values, e.g. also 4: 4: 4 at 4K 60Hz.

https://www.vuplussupport.org/wbb4/index.php?thread/110457-ultimo-4k-hdmi-switch-probleme/&pageNo=1

Last edited:

meekey

Vu+ Newbie
Thanx for all the info Matrix. All the components I have are HDMI 2.0. I don’t know what else I can do apart from spend silly money on something that still might not work. I’m happy with my setup as it is and I really can’t tell the difference between HD and UHD, which I get if I connect my Ultimo 4K to my LG TV.
Thanx again for all your help.

meekey

Matrix10

Administrator
It is evident that many have a problem not only with satellite receivers
alongside with other devices and HDMI 4K/UHD.
In that case, only forum search is left to find a proven good one.
But then there is again no 100% guarantee as all TVs are not the same.
The problem is in a different interpretation of specifications and protocols.
In addition, manufacturers try to avoid the competition of their devices' .
Sellers only sell non-tested products.

meekey

Vu+ Newbie

I agree 100%

meekey.

Contact99

Vu+ User

I should I say should get my HDMI V2.0 18 G/b leads on Mondays and I will be able to test. Yes I have everything that is rated V 2.0 @ 18 G/B up to 60 Hz rated, I even have the screw and Power Point that will bolt behind the Cabinet (Joking) that are rated to do up to 60 Hz @4k so we all will find out soon. Today Job (Sunday) is to fit another double Power point so I can plug the new power pack 4k @60Hz Switcher and the Splitter.

Contact99

Vu+ User

Well I do know that our Sony KD 75 9400E plays well the 4k @60 channel via the Ultimo 4k connected directly. Now lets see when I add the CORRECT SPECS switcher a splitter in circuit.

Contact99

Vu+ User
Well I have good news.
Everything works 100% Perfect!!

I can now view the 4K @ 60 Hz Satellite channel on our Sony 9400E going through the 4 in and 1 out Switcher and after this I have Splitter 1 in and 2 out where one output goes to the Sony 9400E and the other goes to another Monitor for testing (another 4k telle) Also in Have in circuit a 4K @30 HZ Matrix switcher that takes care of the Duo2 and two of the Skybox A1's and I have one spare input that was used by the Ultimo 4K . This Matrix switcher output "A" goes to the number 2 input of the 4K @600 switcher and take care if it need to put the Duo2 and the Skybox's on the Sony 9400E.
The only issue I had is the Idiots seller on ebay forgot to send the second HDMI 18 G/B lead so I had to use the spare one that came with the Oppo 203.

Contact99

Vu+ User
Well I have good news.
Everything works 100% Perfect!!

I can now view the 4K @ 60 Hz Satellite channel on our Sony 9400E going through the 4 in and 1 out Switcher and after this I have Splitter 1 in and 2 out where one output goes to the Sony 9400E and the other goes to another Monitor for testing (another 4k telle) Also in Have in circuit a 4K @30 HZ Matrix switcher that takes care of the Duo2 and two of the Skybox A1's and I have one spare input that was used by the Ultimo 4K . This Matrix switcher output "A" goes to the number 2 input of the 4K @600 switcher and take care if it need to put the Duo2 and the Skybox's on the Sony 9400E.
The only issue I had is the Idiots seller on ebay forgot to send the second HDMI 18 G/B lead so I had to use the spare one that came with the Oppo 203.

I've had 2 weeks now to test the above and i can say everything runs PERFECT!!. I go from 720p to 2016P with no issue. Switch my heart out and everything works well. The ONLY issue I have is the 4K 30 Hz Matrix switcher the indication LEDs bleed in the one next to it so you have to look straight on other you get confused on who is really on.