Trying to get my Vu+Duo working in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locka1892

Vu+ Newbie
Good Afternoon Guys,

I have recently relocated to Canada from the UK and have brought my Vu+Duo box with me. I have re-flashed the box yesterday to transfer from open Vix to the Black Hole with some success.
I can now actually get a signal read out which I was not able to before. I am pointed at 82.0w Nimiq 4 and when checking the signal at the back of the box the feed is strong, verified and locked on.
here are some of the stats on my screen:

1. SNR 23% (I need this to be a way higher- periodically it will jump to 85% for a nano second and then back to 23%.
  2. AGC 95%
  3. Tune = Manual transponder
  4. System = DVB-S
  5. Inversion = Auto
  6. Symbol Rate = 27500
  7. Polarisation = Vertical (I have no signal on Horizontal at all)
  8. FEC = Auto
When i do an auto scan it performs ok but will not find any channels or lock on and give me the tick i am looking for.

Any suggestions on how to actually perform a scan and get the box to find channels?
I am a complete newbie to all this but with some direction I may be able to understand the tech jargon you use on here!!

Thanks in Advance.

Matrix10

Administrator
Good Afternoon Guys,

I have recently relocated to Canada from the UK and have brought my Vu+Duo box with me. I have re-flashed the box yesterday to transfer from open Vix to the Black Hole with some success.
I can now actually get a signal read out which I was not able to before. I am pointed at 82.0w Nimiq 4 and when checking the signal at the back of the box the feed is strong, verified and locked on.
here are some of the stats on my screen:

1. SNR 23% (I need this to be a way higher- periodically it will jump to 85% for a nano second and then back to 23%.
  2. AGC 95%
  3. Tune = Manual transponder
  4. System = DVB-S
  5. Inversion = Auto
  6. Symbol Rate = 27500
  7. Polarisation = Vertical (I have no signal on Horizontal at all)
  8. FEC = Auto
When i do an auto scan it performs ok but will not find any channels or lock on and give me the tick i am looking for.

Any suggestions on how to actually perform a scan and get the box to find channels?
I am a complete newbie to all this but with some direction I may be able to understand the tech jargon you use on here!!

Thanks in Advance.

Are you sure that your dish pointing in the desired direction of the desired satellite ???

chulbul

BH Lover
Its a dish pointer problem. Align your dish and see you have the correct satellite XML file with your desired satelite

Locka1892

Vu+ Newbie
Yeah my dish has been locked on to the 82.0w Satellite using the Dish pointer pro app and then configured and verified using a metre at the dish and coming into the house.
How do i go about checking the Satellite XML file. This sounds like something I have not looked at or know how to adjust.

nunigaia

Locka1892

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Mick no I havent changed my Username etc. I was not on the forum until I registered today. Brian was acting as an intermediary for me as he was on the forum. Like I said I am all new to this tech stuff.

nunigaia

Hi Mick no I havent changed my Username etc. I was not on the forum until I registered today. Brian was acting as an intermediary for me as he was on the forum. Like I said I am all new to this tech stuff.

Please don´t duplicated threads! Your question is the same and the thread too. Before post anything, check if on the board has a question or issue similar to yours to avoid duplicating threads.

best regards
nunigaia

Matrix10

Administrator
Yeah my dish has been locked on to the 82.0w Satellite using the Dish pointer pro app and then configured and verified using a metre at the dish and coming into the house.
How do i go about checking the Satellite XML file. This sounds like something I have not looked at or know how to adjust.

Satellite XML file you can make/download from http://satellites-xml.eu/

You must indicate/select those satellites that you are interested in.
Download satellites.xml

Upload (FTP) satellites.xml in to /etc/tuxbox/ folder in your BOX/Image
Restart box.
Scan.

Locka1892

Vu+ Newbie
Apologies nunigaia it was not my intention to duplicate but to write in my very basic language so that I could get an understanding of all this satellite jargon.

Can you explain about the Satellite xml file please

Regards

Locka1892

Locka1892

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Matrix,

Do i need to download the satellite xml file onto a usb and stick it into the front of my box?

Thanks

Locka1892

Mick12334

The satellites.xml file lists all the satellites, on your receiver, and frequencies.
Your problem, as stated in the other thread, is that no such frequency, 11836 V 27500 is listed on 82W.
Can you please list how your Tuners are configured? Menu Setup, Service Searching, Tuner Configuration.
Can you also please try a Manual Scan, Menu, Setup, Service Searching, Manual Scan, and enter/select the following:
System - DVB-S
Satellite - Nimiq4 82W
Frequency - 12224
Symbol Rate - 21500
Polarisation - R

and start the scan.
Please post back with the results.

Locka1892

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Mick,

Manual scan completed and no services found.

Tuner Set up: Same setting for both Tuner A & B

Configuration mode: Simple
Mode : Single
Satellite: Nimiq 4 82.0w
Send DiSEqC: no

Mick12334

Everything indicates that your dish isn't pointing at 82W.
Try an Automatic scan and see if any channels are found, if so please post the details, channel name, frequency, symbol rate, polarisation, etc...
You can check Lyngsat, for satellites/channels, available in your area, in case you are pointing at a different satellite:
Code:
https://www.lyngsat.com/america.html

el bandido

Vu+ User
Hello.
I am located in the United States, and can say that you will need to do things a bit different here as compared to the U.K. What are you trying to watch at 82 West? Please specify the channels you are trying to get with your Duo.

It would also be nice to know what kind of dish system you have, the make/model of lnbs, and the diameter or size of the dish.

Locka1892

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Matrix,

I apologise in advance for not being very IT savvy but can you point me in the direction of completing the satellites.xml process please.

Do I download these files onto a usb pen drive and stick them in my receiver?

Does my Laptop have to be connected to my receiver whilst I transfer the files?

Is there a step by step guide here on the forum or can you help?

Thanks in the meantime

Locka1892

Mick12334

You shouldn't need to change your satellites.xml file, the fact that you could do a manual scan, even though you didn't get any channels, suggests that it's already in there.
You can check, for yourself, by using Filezilla, a free FTP, File Transfer Protocol, program.
Download Filezilla, on your PC, the last one in the list:
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/filezilla.2514/

Go into your receivers menu and find Network, Menu, Setup, System, Network, if using a wired connection, to your router, and find the receivers IP address.
Start up Filezilla, on your PC, in the Host box enter your receivers IP address, in the Username box enter root, and click the quick connect button, leaving everything else blank.
Leave the password blank and click OK, unless you've added a password, which I doubt.
On the right of your PC screen click the folder, and the + sign.

Scroll to the bottom and click the var folder, and the + sign.
Now click on the tuxbox folder.
In the bottom right hand screen you should now see the satellites.xml file, right click on this and click download.
A copy should now be on your PC, open this with Microsoft Excel, or other program, like Notepad ++, another free program, you can download off the internet.

However I doubt this is your problem, as I still don't believe that your dish is aligned correctly.
Perhaps you could explain how you aligned your satellite dish, if you did it yourself, and how you know it's pointing at Nimiq 4 82W.

I still think your best option is to take the receiver to a friends house, who has a dish pointing at 82W, and try to manually scan in some channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.