Hard drive problems

MrDizzle

Vu+ Newbie
I have recently installed OBH and after getting some hangs I remembered about the swapfile, so I went to set up a swapfile on the hdd and it failed. There is plenty of space. There was already an existing swapfile on the hdd from previous image install, so I deleted it via ssh. Still same problem.

Curious about this I decided to try and reinit the hdd through the menu, but it keeps crashing. Same with the device manager in Black hole apps.

I have attached two crash logs for each instance.

There is nothing wrong with the hdd as far as I know and timeshift and movies record to it fine so it's recognised in the system just fine.

Attachments

• Enigma2_crash_2017-08-23_16-11-03.log.txt
    16.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Enigma2_crash_2017-08-23_16-21-23.log.txt
    16.6 KB · Views: 1

Tururu

BH Lover
The swapfile file is to download deco memory and use another "fast" memory for some processes.
Using the hard drive to have the swapfile is like kicking the subject.
Put in the VU + DUO a usb-memory and then create the swap file in the.
-------
El fichero swapfile es para descargar la memoria del deco y usar otra memoria "rapida" para algunos procesos.
Usar el disco duro para tener el fichero de intercambio (swapfile) es como darle una patada al tema.
Mete en el VU+DUO una memoria-usb y luego crea el fichero de intercambio en el.

The disk has problems, it disconnects the disk, it can boot well, you converted the disk from ext3 to ext4 when it gave problems.?
El disco tiene problemas, desconecta el disco, puede que arranque bien, convertias el disco de ext3 a ext4 cuando dio problemas.?

MrDizzle

Vu+ Newbie
So a USB stick would perform better than a swap file on a hard drive? I do have some old sticks lying around.

I hadn't converted to ext4; I did try during these troubles and got a 'could not unmount the device. it could be busy' error.

I decided that I would delete everything from the drive, and then reflash. It initialised the hdd just fine and the device manager shows the drive fine now.

bogdanm

So a USB stick would perform better than a swap file on a hard drive? I do have some old sticks lying around.

I hadn't converted to ext4; I did try during these troubles and got a 'could not unmount the device. it could be busy' error.

I decided that I would delete everything from the drive, and then reflash. It initialised the hdd just fine and the device manager shows the drive fine now.
Yes made swap file is beter have on USB becouse when is amde on hdd he mast work 24h he is no good hdd.
Picons or swap made on usb no made this problem.
Good way is have swap around 256mb

MrDizzle

Vu+ Newbie
Also, am I right in thinking that the rear USB ports are USB 1.0, and the front port is USB 2.0 ? USB 1.0 is obviously far slower than USB 2.0 so I wondered if this was even a consideration when choosing a) which flash drive to use b) which port to use.

Tururu

BH Lover
Also, am I right in thinking that the rear USB ports are USB 1.0, and the front port is USB 2.0 ? USB 1.0 is obviously far slower than USB 2.0 so I wondered if this was even a consideration when choosing a) which flash drive to use b) which port to use.

For another post the receiver is a VU+DUO, all USB are 2.0 (3 unit)
Por otro post el receptor es un VU+DUO, todos los USB son 2.0 (3 unit)

PS: Confirm if the receiver is correct that you have VU+DUO/Confirma si es correcto el receptor que tienes VU+DUO.a5995.gif

AlexWilMac

If only you told us what VU+ you own...
And no: no VU+ has got USB 1.0: the years '90 are far in the past.
Some VU+ has now 3.0.

MrDizzle

Vu+ Newbie
Haha, sorry; I didn't mention that :p It is a VU+ Duo. I must've been mistaken when I saw that.

The Duo2 is on my radar, but for that price, it's not on the radar of my missus :D