After upgrade problem with virtual keyboard

paperino61

Vu+ User
Hi all, I'm opening new thread with all information about my problem with virtual keyboard

using OBH 4.2 on solo 4k I've a problem with virtual keyboard:
for example while seeing EPG, if I want to make a search pressing Yellow button "new Search", the virtual keyboard appears but is impossibile to interact with it and is impossible close it.
Only way to use VU again, is off/on on the back

I found out that the problem was not present in version release-4.2.001. Upgrading to version 4.2.025 the problem with virtual keyboard exist: not only using EPG but for example trying to rename imgIMG in OMB plugin. I noticed that the graphic of virtual keyboard is slightly different and now the name is "Tastiera virtuale" (in italian).
Only for me the problem?
tks for help

Matrix10

Administrator
I do not know what you're doing with your image.
And what skin you use.
But that bug does not exist.
I have test with EPG Yellow button "new Search"

paperino61

Vu+ User
Hi Matrix10, tks for Your answer.
Simply, in fresh installation virtual keyboard works fine.... also in version release-4.2.001 works fine.
in both cases. after upgrade (I can see version 4-2-025) I have the problem.
The skin is the default one... and I tried both in flash or image in OMB: same result
I can assure you that I do not do anything strange :) only software upgrade from menu, as I have done so many times
hello and good evening

AlexWilMac

Actually, I don't get what is your problem, exactly, unless you are referring to the different way of working of the new virtual keyboard.
For instance, something I frankly find worse than before, the left/right keys on the remote don't work; so does the < that was very comfortable at deleting to the left, like a Backspace.
Now you are obliged to select the desired action on the virtual keyboard and then you must press OK repeatedly to use it...
Not comfortable like before (indeed very uncomfy) but still possible.

Matrix10

Administrator
OE-A/Vix images now use a different virtual keyboard.The same rules are for OBH image.
The button function and layout are different
but everything works.Besides, it seems to me that the new keyboard has more symbols than the old one.

But this is what you say, it does not happen to me.
impossibile to interact with it and is impossible close it

Of course if you start an EPG search you have to wait for the search to complete.

If I not start Search I can close virtual keyboard with exit button.
I can serach EPG and use virtual keyboard.

Attachments

• shot1.jpg
    shot1.jpg
    732.4 KB · Views: 9
  • shot2.jpg
    shot2.jpg
    531.6 KB · Views: 6
  • shot3.jpg
    shot3.jpg
    614 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

paperino61

Vu+ User
Actually, I don't get what is your problem, exactly, unless you are referring to the different way of working of the new virtual keyboard.
For instance, something I frankly find worse than before, the left/right **** on the remote don't work; so does the < that was very comfortable at deleting to the left, like a Backspace.
Now you are obliged to select the desired action on the virtual keyboard and then you must press OK repeatedly to use it...
C(indeed very uncomfy) but still possible.

Hi Alexwilmac.... rather not for me :-(
in my case it is blocking and not " in my case it is blocking!"

AlexWilMac

Have you tried it immediately after installing from scratch (and updated online, of course), without any plugins (like CoolTvGuide or else)?

paperino61

Vu+ User
OE-A/Vix images now use a different virtual keyboard.The same rules are for OBH image.
The button function and layout are different
but everything works.Besides, it seems to me that the new keyboard has more symbols than the old one.

But this is what you say, it does not happen to me.

Of course if you start an EPG search you have to wait for the search to complete.

If I not start Search I can close virtual keyboard with exit button.
I can serach EPG and use virtual keyboard.

Hi Matrix10,
"Of course if you start an EPG search you have to wait for the search to complete."
I'm not a genius but not so stupid :) or maybe I am .... no one else seems to have this problem.
Jokes aside, the same problem if I try, for example, to rename an IMG in OMB plugin.

This evening, I'll install another fresh version (sure it works fine, I tried yesterday) or a backup with version 4.2.001; after that I'll post the different screen of virtual keyboard hoping that someone can help me..... or discover if I make something wrong

paperino61

Vu+ User
Hi Alexwilmac.... rather not for me :-(
in my case it is blocking and not " in my case it is blocking!"

sorry for the mess, I wanted to write.....
in my case it is blocking and not " Not comfortable like before (indeed very uncomfy) but still possible"

paperino61

Vu+ User
HI, I'm here again :)....
Alexwimac and Matrix10 you're authorized to say me: "You're a little stupid"
I found out the problem and, finally I understood was a mistake by me...
I made some changes in /usr/share/enigma2/keymap.xml to have a different behavior with "OK" button and "ESC" button and, for some reason, that causes a problem to Virtual Keyboard with last update (4.2.025): restoring the original file the problem has disappeared.

thank you and sorry for the confusion

Matrix10

Administrator
I assumed that the image was not the original
but with some changes or additions.

That's why I always say.Test first clean image.
but a few who listen to me :no: