Cannot update. Vu duo2

adapter

Vu+ Newbie
Hi.
Last couple day i try to update via USB. I tried 4 different pendrives (2 of them i was using for earlier updates). No matter what USB port i plug in update not starting. I tried NTFS,Fat,Fat32. I tried blackhole, openvix openspa, pure2 no matter what update, it wont start.
I unpluged internal HDD, lan everything what i could disconect. What else i can do ? RS232 ?
Firmware 3.0.8.C
Build: 2019-04-17-master
Kernel 3.13.5
Thank You

AlexWilMac

No, the only file system has to be FAT32 (or MS-DOS if you format by a Mac).
Before getting crazy, be sure that the USB port is working and not burnt... you'll never know.
And, in case it's burnt or also in any case, I managed to flash not only by the front USB but also by the rear ones: it's worth trying.
Finally, even if you already used those pendrives in the past, nothing stays the same: try some other ones.

AlexWilMac

So, I'm quite sure the problem is in the "preparation" of the pendrive or in the procedure. This issue sounds too strange.
So, I know it's not something new for you, but... check its structure: the root must have the vuplus folder and it must contain the folder with the name of your box: sometimes it happened users downloaded by mistake an image for a different model (for instance Duo instead of Duo2 or Solo4K instead of Solo...).

Other fact: better to switch off phisically the box by the rear switch, although it should work also a complete reboot.
And, above all, the F.S. FAT32.

I know you know but, you'll never know!... :)

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
Disconnects everything (including HDMI, LNB / C) ... it happened to me in ZeroHD. He put in a factory image and then put what he wanted.

AlexWilMac

Glad you solved! I know it's strange but, as I said:"...even if you already used those pendrives in the past, nothing stays the same: try some other ones".
But be sure the problem is not the size: I've never used pendrives smaller than 8Gb and I also used 64Gb ones. Probably, if you formatted under win, it may depends on how it did.
Ironically, I've always formatted by Mac all the pendrives I've used for my VU+ boxes and they've always worked, although FAT32 is not an Apple file system!