logos and transcoding

Alex Lagos

Vu+ Newbie
I own a vu solo 2 with blackhole 3.1.0 that I flashed yesterday Somebodu knows how I can put logos in the channels. I read in the forum and install some piccons and nothing happend. I read something about usb. Anybody knows how it works?

And a second question I have spend some hours on it but I cant do it. Because the upload bandwith of my internet connection can not support 1080p I am able to watch with the stream of the mobile which is located at the openwebif plugin where it has the quality is very bad. There is any way to change the transcoding quality of mobile streaming to resolution of 1280 * 720 and change the bitrate? If you know someone, let me know.

For picons to work proper you need updated one. The Piconsets from Addons/Download are usally old and outdated and are more there so you can install your picons proper.
So you need to find an updated piconset for your sat config, Picon section at this forum have updated picons. If not Google is a good tool
Of cause you also need to activate "Show Picons" in the channel select settings. This can be done when you have your channel list open by pressing Menu Button.

For your second question you can configer the transcoding settings through the OpenWebIf plugin.
You find that if your Press Greenbutton and scroll down to OpenWebif :)

Alex Lagos

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for the response Thomas67
I have already try this. If you go the plugins and select the openwebif there are not transcoding settings there.
When I find transcoded setup plugin which allow to you to change the bitrate up to 1000 and framerate up to 60.
I use right now the maximum settings and the quality its still terrible.

Any options to change the resolution to 720p and the bitrate up to 3000?

AlexWilMac

@Thomas67: welcome back!!! :)
@Alex Lagos: I don't remember exactly in BH (because now I'm on OBH) but I'm quite sure there should be also for BH a plugin (among the plugin panel, of course) named "Transcoding setup", where you can set the desired quality of transcoding.
If you don't have this plugin already installed, install it.

Alex Lagos

Vu+ Newbie
@Thomas67: welcome back!!! :)
@Alex Lagos: I don't remember exactly in BH (because now I'm on OBH) but I'm quite sure there should be also for BH a plugin (among the plugin panel, of course) named "Transcoding setup", where you can set the desired quality of transcoding.
If you don't have this plugin already installed, install it.

@Thomas67 thanks again for your response
As you can see on my previous answer I go to the Transcoding setup which give me limited options
I cant see any different on the stream
you cant change the resolution which is 240p,
you can change the bitrate (up to 1000 from 500) Also you can change the framerate but from 25 to 60 but i dont think its matters
This plugin can be updated?

Sorry... Alex is correct there is a Transcoding Plugin for settings.

I have a solo2 and will install the 3.1.0 image my self and see what might be the issue.
Should be no problem so in worst case you have a broken image flash and might need to re flash the image.

I will let you now later tonight.

Alex Lagos

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry... Alex is correct there is a Transcoding Plugin for settings.

I have a solo2 and will install the 3.1.0 image my self and see what might be the issue.
Should be no problem so in worst case you have a broken image flash and might need to re flash the image.

I will let you now later tonight.

Thanks for your respone @Thomas67

I dont thing my image is broken. Winrar will not open the zip when I download it from here.

Here a screenshot from the Openwebif

1-0-1-447-5-AA-5-A0000-0-0-0.jpg

Transcoding setup - this is the default settings

1-0-1-447-5-AA-5-A0000-0-0-0-1.jpg

Now if you try to change the bitrate 400 to 3000 you cant... The first digit is locked to be 1... So the maximum bitrate you can have its 1000 from 400. Also the is no option from resolution.

1-0-1-447-5-AA-5-A0000-0-0-0-2.jpg

also the advanced option is not working...

Last edited:
Okey there seems to be an issue with Solo2 i have the same problem as you but on my Uno4Kse all works fine
@Ev0 @Shiro maybe you can shade som light on this??

The settings for transcoding is broken and blue button for advance settings do not work at at all

Matrix10

Administrator
Okey there seems to be an issue with Solo2 i have the same problem as you but on my Uno4Kse all works fine
@Ev0 @Shiro maybe you can shade som light on this??

The settings for transcoding is broken and blue button for advance settings do not work at at all

Are you sure it used to work on Solo 2 ?

If I remember well
The Solo 2 processor has no hardware transcoding
hence limited use with software transcoding

Yes i am sure with Blackhole 3.0.9 i can change the resolution up to 720p in the main screen and also open the advance settings
With Blackhole 3.1.0 the resolution settings are gone from the main screen and when pressing the blue button for advance settings only spinner shows for 1 second
and the advance screen want open

Matrix10

Administrator
Yes i am sure with Blackhole 3.0.9 i can change the resolution up to 720p in the main screen and also open the advance settings
With Blackhole 3.1.0 the resolution settings are gone from the main screen and when pressing the blue button for advance settings only spinner shows for 1 second
and the advance screen want open

Not with DUO 4K i don't have solo 2 for test

Duo 4K all ok

For the moment if you are using Transcoding 3.0.9 is the best image.
And for us with Older Vu+ i dont think that any of the updates in 3.1.0 is relevant.
So its not a downgrade ;)

And to Matrix10 yes its seems like Transcoding settings works fine with all 4K boxes
But not with older like the Solo2

Alex Lagos

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for the help guys. As I can understand there no support for vu solo 2 because most of the developers owns new receivers. Should I go back to 3.0.9 or 3.0.9N ?

Shiro

BH-C
Sorry we can't help with transoding because it is a plugin managed by Vu+. Maybe they have updated for 4k line and it is no more working properly on old box.

Alex Lagos

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry we can't help with transoding because it is a plugin managed by Vu+. Maybe they have updated for 4k line and it is no more working properly on old box.

thanks for the reply

should I install 3.0.9 or 3.0.9N what the differences?

transcoding at that version is working?