4k HLG Video and Audio Stuttering

daviduzzo

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all,

I love obh, so before I try to change image I would ask you if is there a workaround.

I've Vu+ Ultimo 4k with latest obh release.

Yesterday I saw a football match in 4K HLG: ac3+ doesn't passthrough to avr so I need to downmix, but also in this case video and audio was constantly stuttering.

It's very annoiyng for a 4k receiver. Is there a workaround?

daviduzzo

Vu+ Newbie
yes, I'm talking about rai4k. Do you mean it's a simple problem to solve? Could you tell me how can I do it? are these known issues?

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
What is AVR?

Yesterday I saw part of a game for this channel (Rai 4K), opting for the 2nd option AC3+ without any problem... This can be seen a football game without comments is even 5 stars!

AlexWilMac

yes, I'm talking about rai4k. Do you mean it's a simple problem to solve? Could you tell me how can I do it? are these known issues?
As I said (and Shiro confirms), there is no issue, so no workaround. It might be a problem with your TV or your cable.

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
Yes it is no problem with the OBH... tested in Duo 4k and Uni 4kSE with the last OBH.

But the TV and the HDMI cable? Test with other channels.

Is AVR an audio/video receiver? Test connected to one of these receivers and everything ok.

rtIVSp7.png

daviduzzo

Vu+ Newbie
yes but the problem is with dolby digital + audio signal, you need to downmix it, while the receiver should be capable to pass it to avr

AlexWilMac

Yes, it's downmixed and, then, the problem is, I suppose, your final device. What do you want to hear in a foorball match more than the usual audio you have?
What happens if you connect your VU+ directly to your TV by the HDMI cable?

daviduzzo

Vu+ Newbie
sorry but your answer it's a non-sense in my opinion: why do you think I bought a 4k receiver? why do you have two 4k receivers instead simple hd receiver? I bought 4k receiver so I can be able to see ultra hd content, practically what all we are waiting for, and satellite transmission are now ready to go in 4k. Another important feature of this kind of new transmission is dd+, an audio compressed container that allow good surround sound performance (in fact used by almost all network service streaming provider).
I have the clear feeling in this forum (and this is due to the fact that every time I post a question it is always the same story) that as soon as a doubt is raised about a lack or a defect of the product or image, it is almost taken for people who are delirious

superglud

BH Lover
I have the clear feeling in this forum (and this is due to the fact that every time I post a question it is always the same story) that as soon as a doubt is raised about a lack or a defect of the product or image, it is almost taken for people who are delirious

Yes, it is sad, the tone has gotten very rude and disrespectful.
Very sad indeed. Sorry for that.
Best regards

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
Uses Dolby Digital-Plus that is not being detected, I do not know the reason.

But you go to Astra 19º, Canal+ (12323 V), which uses this same Dolby Digital-Plus and AVR recognizes, as well as in Vu+ Infobar the indication appears.

4nGvXnu.png

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
What is curious is that the vast majority of 4K channels indicate, according to Kingofsat, sound in DD.

However the receiver does not have this information. The 4K TVP (HotBirb 13º) is one more example. If someone can put your experience here with this type of channels, it would be good.

Matrix10

Administrator
Warning
Some statements here are not in accordance with our rules.
So use a friendly discussion regardless of differences of opinion.