65 inch 4k tv - best practices

marsonia

Vu+ Newbie
Hi everyone!
If any of you have experience in setting up / optimizing 65 inch 4k tv picture when using vu+4k?
I recently bought new 65 inch oled lg, and was playing with the picture for couple of days now..

I noticed that HD channels are not that good as before, and i know it is partially because of larger screen, but also i think maybe it can be optimized with good picture settings..

Is it better to out receiver in 2160 mode or in 1080? Or does multi option do the job? I am still watching mostly HD channels... Also what about other options, like sharpness on reciever? Does it need to be changed?

Any best practices from you?

ielber

Vu+ Newbie
unfortunately lg led and oled tvs doesn't have nice SD to HD and HD to UHD upscaling capabilities, so this is not due to large screen, and for that reason I decided not to buy other lg tv ever, and also for the reason that all lg tvs even oled have a very poor motion interpolation system. so if there is no nice and clear motion ana nice upscaling there is no tv.
if you are searching for deep black uniformity then go for samsung ks8500 it has deeper blacks rated to 10/10 as well as oled tvs.

ielber

Vu+ Newbie
I have an 2014 old samsung uhd tv HU7500 series and i swear that I can't find any difference between HD and UHD content due to great upscaling system that this tv has and all hight end samsung tvs.