A definitive word on MULTISTREAM (5W and such)

dyablo

Vu+ Newbie
Guys, I see a lot of confusion, still.

Different concepts get mixed: s2x, MiS, PLS...

Let’s be clear: I’m talking about receiveing the multistream channels (with PLS parameters of course) on the 5W position (Italian tv, French tv, etc).

Vu+ Zero 4K can do it.
Dreambox DM920 can do it.
Many others can do it.

Is there ANY hope that in the next few months (before the end of 2018) it will also possible on:
- Vu+ Duo 4K
- Vu+ Uno 4K SE
- Vu+ Ultimo 4K
- Vu+ Uno 4K

?

If there is no hope, I’m going to buy a DM920 probably. (with dvb-s2x multistream FBC + dual dvb-t2)

You can’t tell me that, mere weeks before the availability of the Duo 4K, we still don’t know literally nothing about this fundamental (for some) feature.

I wanted to open this specific thread so it’s not confused with all the “dvb-s2x” threads.

Ev0

Admin
You can’t tell me that, mere weeks before the availability of the Duo 4K, we still don’t know literally nothing about this fundamental (for some) feature.

We can tell you that, as vu+ hasn't released any more information since Anga.

dyablo

Vu+ Newbie
So I suppose nobody here has insider access to developer resources that would suggest the presence (or absence) of multistream on the Duo 4K. Or people in the knows aren’t willing to spill their beans. Fair enough.

I would love to stay on the Vu+ side and not jump boat to DM. I own the BT RCU and other accessories, I like compact models like the Uno4K/SE, I like flexible models (2+1 tuner slots!) like the Ultimo 4K, I like fast channel change, there is a lot of unique stuff on the Vu+ side. But they need to implement (maybe they’re having troubles on the driver/software side?) Multistream like all the other vendors as soon as possible...or they’ll lose me and others like me...

AlexWilMac

Just for curiosity, @dyablo, can you get only 5W? And if not, what is there you can't get by another satellite? I mean, why seems so indispensable to have these MS channels? Rai ones, for instance, are also elsewhere. It's just really my curiosity.

dyablo

Vu+ Newbie
Just for curiosity, @dyablo, can you get only 5W? And if not, what is there you can't get by another satellite? I mean, why seems so indispensable to have these MS channels? Rai ones, for instance, are also elsewhere. It's just really my curiosity.

There’s definitely some overlap between what I can get on 13E, 5W and terrestrial, but for example only on 5W MS I can get every regional Rai3. Moreover, “because I can”, I’d like to see some channels on sat even if they’re readily available on terrestrial. Sat fears big storms/clouds, terrestrial fears local or tropospheric disturbance (or living close to the sea). But most of the time, sat is rock solid compared to terrestrial, at least where I live. So if I have the option to see almost every terrestrial channel straight from their sat feeds, I ask: where do I sign?

AlexWilMac

But I didn't mention the terrestrial option: I only mentioned other satellites. I myself watch what is available also on the terrestrial by the satellite for even more important reasons then the one you said (bitrate, possibility to record/watch/stream multiple channels and so on).
But, yes, nowadays I see the regional rai3 channels are only on 5W. There was a time they were somewhere else, too, but now I don't remember where (probably 7E).
Only... it seems a bit too few to abandon a brand if, as you say, there are features whom you take advantage only by VU+, not available in DM.
But, of course, it's only my view ;)

dyablo

Vu+ Newbie
(bitrate and quality is exactly the same in my case between terrestrial channels and their 5W counterparts, the latter being used as the actual feeds for terrestrial broadcast...it’s just more stable and would allow me to avoid constantly swapping tuner between sat and terrestrial while fast zapping...)

Yes it would be hard to make the jump...but if every other vendor except Vu+ offers this feature on their flagship STB...it could be increasingly a possibility... (and by the way Vu+ offers MS on the Zero 4K, so it’s not like they’re against it or something...and they know how to make it work software-wise...it’s a mistery why we don’t have MS tuners on the Uno4K/Ultimo4K yet...)

varadero

Vu+ Newbie
[QUOTE = "dyablo, post: 249997, μέλος: 131564"] Υποθέτω λοιπόν ότι κανείς δεν έχει πρόσβαση στους πόρους προγραμματιστών που θα έδειχνε την παρουσία (ή την απουσία) multistream στο Duo 4K. Ή οι άνθρωποι που γνωρίζουν δεν είναι πρόθυμοι να χυθούν τα φασόλια τους. Δίκαιο.

Θα ήθελα πολύ να μείνω στην πλευρά του Vu + και να μην μεταβιβάσω βάρκα στο DM. Είμαι κύριος του BT RCU και άλλων αξεσουάρ, μου αρέσουν συμπαγή μοντέλα όπως το Uno4K / SE, μου αρέσουν τα ευέλικτα μοντέλα (2 + 1 κουλοχέρηδες tuner!) Όπως το Ultimo 4K, μου αρέσει η γρήγορη αλλαγή καναλιών, υπάρχουν πολλά μοναδικά πράγματα την πλευρά Vu +. Αλλά πρέπει να υλοποιήσουν (ίσως να έχουν προβλήματα στην πλευρά του οδηγού / λογισμικού;) Multistream όπως όλοι οι άλλοι πωλητές το συντομότερο δυνατόν ... ή θα με χάσουν και άλλους σαν εμένα ... [/ QUOTE]

Good morning from Greece. In few days I get vu + duo 4k. I hope the construction company will correct the very significant shortage. I can not understand why the multistream potential only exists in Zero 4k...

dyablo

Vu+ Newbie
[QUOTE = "dyablo, post: 249997, μέλος: 131564"] Υποθέτω λοιπόν ότι κανείς δεν έχει πρόσβαση στους πόρους προγραμματιστών που θα έδειχνε την παρουσία (ή την απουσία) multistream στο Duo 4K. Ή οι άνθρωποι που γνωρίζουν δεν είναι πρόθυμοι να χυθούν τα φασόλια τους. Δίκαιο.

Θα ήθελα πολύ να μείνω στην πλευρά του Vu + και να μην μεταβιβάσω βάρκα στο DM. Είμαι κύριος του BT RCU και άλλων αξεσουάρ, μου αρέσουν συμπαγή μοντέλα όπως το Uno4K / SE, μου αρέσουν τα ευέλικτα μοντέλα (2 + 1 κουλοχέρηδες tuner!) Όπως το Ultimo 4K, μου αρέσει η γρήγορη αλλαγή καναλιών, υπάρχουν πολλά μοναδικά πράγματα την πλευρά Vu +. Αλλά πρέπει να υλοποιήσουν (ίσως να έχουν προβλήματα στην πλευρά του οδηγού / λογισμικού;) Multistream όπως όλοι οι άλλοι πωλητές το συντομότερο δυνατόν ... ή θα με χάσουν και άλλους σαν εμένα ... [/ QUOTE]

Good morning from Greece. In few days I get vu + duo 4k. I hope the construction company will correct the very significant shortage. I can not understand why the multistream potential only exists in Zero 4k...

Hello, kalispera.
Don’t buy Vu+ Duo 4K, buy Dreambox DM920 (with the appropriate tuners), if you are interested in multistream.

varadero

Vu+ Newbie
Hello, kalispera. Don’t buy Vu+ Duo 4K, buy Dreambox DM920 (with the appropriate tuners), if you are interested in multistream.
Hello, kalispera. Don’t buy Vu+ Duo 4K, buy Dreambox DM920 (with the appropriate tuners), if you are interested in multistream.
Γεια σας, kalispera. Μην αγοράζετε το Vu + Duo 4K, αγοράστε το Dreambox DM920 (με τους κατάλληλους δέκτες), αν σας ενδιαφέρει το multistream.
Γεια σας, kalispera. Μην αγοράζετε το Vu + Duo 4K, αγοράστε το Dreambox DM920 (με τους κατάλληλους δέκτες), αν σας ενδιαφέρει το

varadero

Vu+ Newbie
Kalimera dyablo. I prefer vu + duo 4k, even without multistream capability because it is the cutting edge of technology today. And only that it has a processor of 2.1 gh, I think it's a reason to buy it. I hope, through upgrading, to enable it to receive multistream channels.

It is a very expensive product (450 €) cost me ..

dyablo

Vu+ Newbie
Kalimera dyablo. I prefer vu + duo 4k, even without multistream capability because it is the cutting edge of technology today. And only that it has a processor of 2.1 gh, I think it's a reason to buy it. I hope, through upgrading, to enable it to receive multistream channels.

It is a very expensive product (450 €) cost me ..

If I were you, I wouldn’t hope...Vu+ has had plenty of time already to announce a multistream tuner and they didn’t...it’s a neverending wait...(maybe software support is problematic? maybe there are outside pressures from the broadcast industry to NOT support multistream?)...if you remotely want multistream, my advice is to give up Vu+ and buy DM920...no reason to spend that much money and be remotely unsatisfied..

Also, even if they add support, it would be thru a paid hardware tuner, not free software update...even more money..

varadero

Vu+ Newbie
If I were you, I wouldn’t hope...Vu+ has had plenty of time already to announce a multistream tuner and they didn’t...it’s a neverending wait...(maybe software support is problematic? maybe there are outside pressures from the broadcast industry to NOT support multistream?)...if you remotely want multistream, my advice is to give up Vu+ and buy DM920...no reason to spend that much money and be remotely unsatisfied..

Also, even if they add support, it would be thru a paid hardware tuner, not free software update...even more money..
I wanted to have this function, in the future, perhaps, at the present time, no. I hope they will, even if I have to pay some extra money. I've already bought it, the vu+duo 4k, and I'll have it at my house this morning.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190126-204535_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190126-204535_Chrome.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 78
Last edited by a moderator: