A suggestion for BH team.

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Firstly, I would like to thank the BH team for their excellent work and excellent image. I have used several similar linux images, the BH is porobaly the best one.

However, I would like the BH team to increase an extra restart function if possible. The extra restrat function is only used to retart enigma when the system is frozen. In the last a few months, I have tried many plugins which are in the BH server. Unfortunately, those plugins are not always in the prefectly compitible with the BH. The system crash is not very abnormal. After the system crashed, the receiver does not respound any remote-control command. It has to power off from back of the receiver. However, it has been found the receiver can be restarted by sending a command from internet. It means the receiver is still able to excute some commands. Therfore, it will be very convenient if the BH can be implanted a restart function by a combination key procedure as the function Ctrol+shift+Del in a PC OS.

Matrix10

Administrator
Firstly, I would like to thank the BH team for their excellent work and excellent image. I have used several similar linux images, the BH is porobaly the best one.

However, I would like the BH team to increase an extra restart function if possible. The extra restrat function is only used to retart enigma when the system is frozen. In the last a few months, I have tried many plugins which are in the BH server. Unfortunately, those plugins are not always in the prefectly compitible with the BH. The system crash is not very abnormal. After the system crashed, the receiver does not respound any remote-control command. It has to power off from back of the receiver. However, it has been found the receiver can be restarted by sending a command from internet. It means the receiver is still able to excute some commands. Therfore, it will be very convenient if the BH can be implanted a restart function by a combination key procedure as the function Ctrol+shift+Del in a PC OS.

I do not know if this is possible if the remote no longer responds ?

paolino

Vu+ User+++
@mysat-bs : Why don't you post a GSOD crashlog to help us with "I have tried many plugins which are in the BH server. Unfortunately, those plugins are not always in the prefectly compitible with the BH".? Will be very helpfull.

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
I do not know if this is possible if the remote no longer responds ?
Thanks @Matrix10 for your reply. I do not know whether the RCU will be able to send a command to the receiver when the receiver is frozen. I just think it may like the PC, when the system is frozen, users can send a key combination to the PC to restart the system rather than power off. Just some kind of wishes. Logically, it may be possible, because the receiver is not real fully frozen, it can acept command from internet (I believe it is telenet command, I send it from Dreambox Edit). Even it has not such capability currently, is it possible to write some codes to accept key combination? I am no any knowledges on coding.

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
@mysat-bs : Why don't you post a GSOD crashlog to help us with "I have tried many plugins which are in the BH server. Unfortunately, those plugins are not always in the prefectly compitible with the BH".? Will be very helpfull.
Thanks @paolino for your kind reply. I ,certainly, can post the crashlog when my receiver crash again. Most of the crashes are assosiated with these stream related plugins. I do understand the nature of the stream sources. The crashs more likely are caused by these plugins ( or these plugins cannot handle error situation of the sources). If it is such situation, it is not faire to complain BH. However, it is expected that when a plugin has had a problem and stop function, the BH is able to stop the 'problem maker' and go to a default TV station, or give user an oppotunity to restart enigma.

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Thanks @paolino for your kind reply. I ,certainly, can post the crashlog when my receiver crash again. Most of the crashes are assosiated with these stream related plugins. I do understand the nature of the stream sources. The crashs more likely are caused by these plugins ( or these plugins cannot handle error situation of the sources). Regarding to the not always preferct compitable to BH, I just use the wording to say, there may be some possible issues. I have NO any intension to complain BH. BH is an excellent image. However, users may try any plugins which may be prefectly compitable with BH, certainly some of them may be not as good as it shoud be. It is expected that when a plugin has had a problem and stop function, the BH is able to stop the 'problem maker' and go to a default TV station, or give user an oppotunity to restart enigma.

When I wrote the above post, it is time out, please ignore the above post. if possible, please delete it.

Matrix10

Administrator
The idea is good And I also like to have,
but all these years of enigma that was only possible
via telnet.So I doubt it's feasible, but I'm not a coder.

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Thanks @Matrix10 for your very help information. I am sure when the BH team starts to pay attention, soon or later they will find a solution. Regarding this particular 'wish', it may have another alternative method which is sending a restart command through an Andriod device (such as a mobile phone or tablet, notebook). An andriod device is usually very handy and we cetainly can use it as a emote-control-unit. The andriod plugin does not need very complex, just capible of sending a few telenet commands would be enough. Now we may need a new Andriod application???