A suggestion for plugin creators

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
First I like to thank all of plugin creators for their excellent and powerful plugins. We the users can enjoy Satellite TV better with your plugin's helps. However, should we ( the plugin creators) write a version number in the title of the plugin? With the increase of using the receiver, more and more plugins have been installed, so far many of them have not get a version number on the title. How can the users know which version they have installed? The users may find out the version after a digging in some where in the plugin, it would be much easy if there is a version number in the disply title of the plugin, such as lcd4linux-1.4.r8 or Enhanced Media Centre 3.7.4 or Black Hole ver 2.0.7x so on.
I trust the very small change does not increase any difficult to creators, but it is much convenient for users.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
As a programmer, I find reasonable your request of an easy access to version information.
About me, I always keep a copy of the plugin I've manually installed, and generally their version number is included in the installation filename.
It's not a solution for what you asked for, but it can be temporarily useful.

Indeed, some of the plugins/extensions have an info menu or a label where you can find the version number (for ex. CrossEPG, LCD4linux).
IMHO, if a plugin/extension shows its own screen, a label or dialog box with version information is preferable to embedding the version number in the plugin name (a more polite solution).

Regarding the default plugins/extensions included in the image, I rely on the updates/revisions of the image itself released by the team, and until now I found only a single occasion when I had to look for updates directly by myself: LCD4linux.

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
As a programmer, I find reasonable your request of an easy access to version information.
About me, I always keep a copy of the plugin I've manually installed, and generally their version number is included in the installation filename.
It's not a solution for what you asked for, but it can be temporarily useful.

Indeed, some of the plugins/extensions have an info menu or a label where you can find the version number (for ex. CrossEPG, LCD4linux).
IMHO, if a plugin/extension shows its own screen, a label or dialog box with version information is preferable to embedding the version number in the plugin name (a more polite solution).

Regarding the default plugins/extensions included in the image, I rely on the updates/revisions of the image itself released by the team, and until now I found only a single occasion when I had to look for updates directly by myself: LCD4linux.
Thanks Eragon for your detailed reply. I fully agree wih you. Most of the plugins have a version related mark in the installation files, but if user does not keep a record about they manually installed plugins, many times it is difficult to find which version they have installed after a while. I have checked my installed plugin list, most of them do not include a version mark in the plugin name (display). Anyway, I will try to make a record about installed plugins.