A very beginner question

thorens

Vu+ Newbie
Hello, i bought my new zero 4k + turbo dvb-t usb receiver, i am just joking with it up to now evaluating the product.
First basic question, update the firmware with the latest BH image (for example) will break the warranty of the product?
In that case can i restore the original firmware in any moment?
thank you.

nunigaia

Hello, i bought my new zero 4k + turbo dvb-t usb receiver, i am just joking with it up to now evaluating the product.
First basic question, update the firmware with the latest BH image (for example) will break the warranty of the product?
thank you.

No, and yes you can.

best regards
nunigaia

Matrix10

Administrator
thank you.

I have never heard of anyone losing the warranty of VU+ using recognized team images

thorens

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you, i have already downloaded the latest version (3.0.5) in my usb stick.
There is a way to boot this image before flashing it in the device (... dual boot I imagine...)?

AlexWilMac

It's not clear what do you mean by: "i have already downloaded the latest version (3.0.5) in my usb stick".
If you had put there (unzipped) and installation files, you have done nothing, yet: you have now to flash your VU+ by those files.
Instead, if you mean that you installed BH in multiboot, and your device for multiboot is your USB drive, it means you can run it from it. But I don't think this is the case.

In conclusion, installing an image is the process to flash by the files unzipped from an image .zip file and by the process specific for each model (that you can learn in other sections of this forum).

Matrix10

Administrator
I do not know why you are so afraid to use box
with other images.
You did not buy a box to see him but to use it.
You can always put orginal VU + image if this is your problem.

thorens

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you for your replies, i am afraid just because I worried about the guarantee.
As you told me i can return on the original image in every time so i am not worried at all now... the only thing that i am afraid now is that the BH image won't works with the turbo DVB-T receiver.
But the only thing that i can do now is flash the last BH and try... if it doesn't works i will return to the original image and maybe try another image later.
Sorry guys for all this queries but i am entering now on this matter and i would like to don't make mistake.

thorens

Vu+ Newbie
yesterday i put the BH image on my zero 4k... it works!
... now i am studying the interface to understand all the functions that i need.
First of all i have focused my attention on the channel manager (due to the fact that i found more then 3000 channels), i see that there is only one external editor for mac...DreamBoxEdit, up to now it is not so simply as it should be.

AlexWilMac

I'm probably telling you something you already know but in Linux-based images you should take advantage of the concept of BOUQUET.
This is simply a group of channels where you can put whatever channel you like, terrestrial or sat. It's not like in traditional decoders where you have all your thousands of channels listed together.
Then you can move also the bouquets up and down the bouquets' list and the first bouquet in your order will assign the first numbers to its channels.
So, 1, 2, 3 will be the first three channel of the first bouquet.
You can create your own bouquets and as many bouquets as you like; for instance: SPORTS, NEWS, and so on and a channel can be put in several bouquets, if you like.
All the other channels are always accessible pressing UP or DOWN and then the GREEN button so that they don't make a mess of your list.

thorens

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you for your explanation, i am a pure newbie so thereisn't "already know" in that matter.
OK so i can manage this list of channels called bouquet, now i would do that on my mac because the list of channels found on the device is long (more then 3000).
Dreamboxedit is the only choice i have on mac?

AlexWilMac

If you had told before you have a Mac... you are talking to a Mac user (although I could use also W.).
Download iDreamX for Mac. Anyway, also the web interface (OpenWebIF) manages the bouquets... just typing the IP of your box in whatever browser.
But iDreamX is useful the same.