About to Buy my First Vu Ultimo 4k

Contact99

Vu+ User
Well It about time that I buy my First of two Ultimo 4 K receivers and I have plenty of question I need answered in the next few days or weeks . Yes Its time to Replace my 2x Faithful Vu Duo2 and send them as box Number 3 and 4 And Sack my AZBox Premium Pluses.
Now The first question I want to ask is My Number 1 (Top shelfof 4 as the Duo2 are in Self 1 and 2 and AZBox is shelf 3 and 4) my number 1 Vu Duo2 Controls the CBand dish Via a V Box 2 (DiSEqC 1.2) where it controls about 10 satellites on CBand and at the same time the Vu duo2 also controls 8 Fixed Dishes Via DiSEqC 1.1 so by this you can see that the Duo2 is busy controlling everything.

Now I will get the first question out. Can I use my computer stored SAT XML file (with all my satellites via DiSCqC 1.2 and 1.1 with all the channels) from my Duo2 in my Computer and make a new account on Dreambox Edit for the Vu Untimo 4K and send then across to the Vu Untimo 4K.
OR do I need to start Fresh from satellite to satellite which could take me Days to do this.

Thanks

Last edited:

Ev0

Admin
You can use your own satellites.xml file, however you will need to setup the tuners again, as it is different tuner types on the Ultimo4K compared to the Duo2.

Contact99

Vu+ User
You can use your own satellites.xml file, however you will need to setup the tuners again, as it is different tuner types on the Ultimo4K compared to the Duo2.
Thanks
So I will have to manually do the lot of the Satellite again. Just as well I have taken photo's of all in Reception settings in the duo2 so I will be able to check from my laptop to the new Untimo 4K.
The Ultimo 4K will have 2 FBC Tuners for Satellite and one C and T2 Turners for terrestrial local TV. Can you tell me whats the difference between the Ultimo 4K FBC turners and the Duo2 Tuners?
Thanks

Ev0

Admin
Thanks
So I will have to manually do the lot of the Satellite again. Just as well I have taken photo's of all in Reception settings in the duo2 so I will be able to check from my laptop to the new Untimo 4K.
The Ultimo 4K will have 2 FBC Tuners for Satellite and one C and T2 Turners for terrestrial local TV. Can you tell me whats the difference between the Ultimo 4K FBC turners and the Duo2 Tuners?
Thanks
They have totally different tuners.

Duo2 has single or twin tuners.

FBC tuners are 8 tuners each (so 16 fbc tuners if you have both tuners fitted).

Contact99

Vu+ User
They have totally different tuners.

Duo2 has single or twin tuners.

FBC tuners are 8 tuners each (so 16 fbc tuners if you have both tuners fitted).
Thank you for educating me. Now I know why the Ultimo can have 4 PIP.
I will buy the HDD locally as I suspect the shipping is dearer because of more weight so I can get Western Digital (WD) either Blue, Black, Red, purple (Purple is for Security Cameras) which one do you prefer of the series in WD. Or do you have another manufacture in hand. The WD Black is sat 3.

Contact99

Vu+ User
Just an addon about what HDD to buy out of the WD Range are they all Blue, Black, Red, purple are they all sata 3 ?

Ev0

Admin
I am no expert on hdd's.

However I think the Purple or the AV version would be the better choice as both are designed for constant use (however I have never used either, so it is just looking at it logically).

I have used both a WD Blue and Black without issue's in my boxes over the years.

AlexWilMac

All HDDs have been Sata3 since many years... And, anyway, d'you know what? Nothing really changes in performances. This Sata3 hasn't introduced real advantages as far as mechanical HDDs is concerned. So, this Sata3 mania is useless.

Contact99

Vu+ User
All HDDs have been Sata3 since many years... And, anyway, d'you know what? Nothing really changes in performances. This Sata3 hasn't introduced real advantages as far as mechanical HDDs is concerned. So, this Sata3 mania is useless.
Be patient with me if I ask stupid Questions.
Talk about HDD. My HDD in my head had a Stroke last year and had left me back to square one as I have to re learn everything again including typing. Its just as well I have Spell checkers as you would not be able to understand what i'm typing. Its bad as I was a Electrical Technician one minute and the next I did not know (in Hospital) my name or my family or where I lived. Anyhow one year later has made me 20% of what I was before where I used to know everything about my loved hobby. Now it start again at a ripe age of 67 years old. LOL. I would not wish as Stroke to my enemy as it sad how a person can become after it. My stroke effected my head ONLY (my HDD has plenty of Bad sectors) and wiped me out 95% created Confusion and mistakes and inpossible to remember anything.

Anyhow back to my topic and learning again and starting with the Untimo 4K. I was buying it at HM Sat in Germany buy had issues with paypal so i might go elsewhere at World Of Satellites in the UK.

Ev0

Admin
Be patient with me if I ask stupid Questions.
Talk about HDD. My HDD in my head had a Stroke last year and had left me back to square one as I have to re learn everything again including typing. Its just as well I have Spell checkers as you would not be able to understand what i'm typing. Its bad as I was a Electrical Technician one minute and the next I did not know (in Hospital) my name or my family or where I lived. Anyhow one year later has made me 20% of what I was before where I used to know everything about my loved hobby. Now it start again at a ripe age of 67 years old. LOL. I would not wish as Stroke to my enemy as it sad how a person can become after it. My stroke effected my head ONLY (my HDD has plenty of Bad sectors) and wiped me out 95% created Confusion and mistakes and inpossible to remember anything.

Anyhow back to my topic and learning again and starting with the Untimo 4K. I was buying it at HM Sat in Germany buy had issues with paypal so i might go elsewhere at World Of Satellites in the UK.
Sorry to hear about the stroke, but atleast it seems you are starting to get to better health now.

As for where to purchase, if you are in the uk, then you are probably better off buying from a uk supplier, as it will be easier (and probably quicker) to sort out any issue's should you have any with the hardware during the warranty period (it's never nice sending things to another country to be repaired).

Contact99

Vu+ User
Unfortunately I do not live in the UK and it seems nobody either ships or list to buy it and ship it to Australia. It seem that most are set up for the European Union and I am shocked that two of the familiar UK sites don't have anything for Shipping to Australia. I'm still waiting for a reply email and how to buy this Untimo 4K.
I purchased my 2 duo2's From HM Sat site in Germany and i had no issues. Something must have change in the last 2 to 3 years.
i'll keep you posted on this issue

Contact99

Vu+ User
Can you please tell me are the Ultimo 4K all Genuine or the Chinese have made cheap copies of them. I hate to pay top money for them and find out they are clones. I will be buying them from either World Of Satellite UK or HM Sat Germany.

Ev0

Admin
Can you please tell me are the Ultimo 4K all Genuine or the Chinese have made cheap copies of them. I hate to pay top money for them and find out they are clones. I will be buying them from either World Of Satellite UK or HM Sat Germany.
I am not aware of any clones of any of the Vu+ 4K models.

However if you are buying from HM-SAT or WOS you will be fine, as they do not sell clone models.

Contact99

Vu+ User
I' ordering tonight when I get the invoice.

Regarding Picons and where to keep them in the Ultimo 4k.
1/ Can I use my standard 220 x 132 8 bit PICONS used on my Dou 2 for the Ultimo 4K?
2/ Can I store them on a USB on the rear of the Ultimo 4k like whats on the duo2

nunigaia

I' ordering tonight when I get the invoice.

Regarding Picons and where to keep them in the Ultimo 4k.
1/ Can I use my standard 220 x 132 8 bit PICONS used on my Dou 2 for the Ultimo 4K?
2/ Can I store them on a USB on the rear of the Ultimo 4k like whats on the duo2

1) Yes
2) Yes, the same way.

best regards
nunigaia

Contact99

Vu+ User
I'm using on my duo2's The Plugin (I think its a Plugin) EXTRA CHANNEL SELECTION.
1/ I like this can it be used on the Ultimo 4k?
Also
2/I see that Black Hole 3.0.4 C is Downloadable for a USB install but after this like the 3.0.4 D (latest) this D is updated via the internet. Is this the case.
thanks again, sorry to be a pain in the Butt.

nunigaia

I'm using on my duo2's The Plugin (I think its a Plugin) EXTRA CHANNEL SELECTION.
1/ I like this can it be used on the Ultimo 4k?
Also
2/I see that Black Hole 3.0.4 C is Downloadable for a USB install but after this like the 3.0.4 D (latest) this D is updated via the internet. Is this the case.
thanks again, sorry to be a pain in the Butt.

Yes ...
BlackHole 3.0.4C is updatable via "Online Update", after that it will give you:

• BlackHole 3.0.4 E
best regards
nunigaia

Contact99

Vu+ User
Purchase the Vu Ultimo 4k Last night and should have it in a week of so. I got a shock how much the Shipping was (95 Pounds) that's $165 in au money. And Pay Pal also get you with transferring AU Money to pounds. Anyhow it was cheaper to buy at W.O. SAT by $100 Au as the other mob was cheaper in shipping but cost more to start with.. WOSat also installs the Blackhole Image for you for nothing but I expect it hidden $$$ in there some way.
Now the Next question!
I'm using on my duo2's The Plugin (I think its a Plugin) EXTRA CHANNEL SELECTION. Can i use this for the Untimo 4K?
thanks

meekey

Vu+ Newbie
Are you sure the Extra Channel Selection plugin works with the latest Blackhole image? I used it all the time on my Duo2 but it became incompatible with the latest version of Blackhole. I will be buying the Ultimo 4k very soon and if the ECS plugin works then that is another positive reason to buy it.

meekey.