About to Buy my First Vu Ultimo 4k

meekey

Vu+ Newbie
I got my Ultimo 4k this week and have been having a good old test of everything while I set it up the way I had my Duo2. All is fully working and I`m well impressed with it. Unfortunately EctraChannelSelection plugin does not work with the latest Blackhole image as was the case with the Duo2. If anyone has this working please tell me how you did it.

Thanx.
meekey.

Contact99

Vu+ User
Are you sure the Extra Channel Selection plugin works with the latest Blackhole image? I used it all the time on my Duo2 but it became incompatible with the latest version of Blackhole. I will be buying the Ultimo 4k very soon and if the ECS plugin works then that is another positive reason to buy it.

meekey.
Sorry for missing you post.
I'm now using BH 3.0.5 the latest and using Extra Channel selection for blackhole 3.3 and it works perfectly with no issues

Last edited:

Contact99

Vu+ User
I got my Ultimo 4k this week and have been having a good old test of everything while I set it up the way I had my Duo2. All is fully working and I`m well impressed with it. Unfortunately EctraChannelSelection plugin does not work with the latest Blackhole image as was the case with the Duo2. If anyone has this working please tell me how you did it.

Thanx.
meekey.
Its ipk package. I just sent it across to tmp folder via CUTE FTP, Went into the the install I think addon folder and install it, re booted the Ulktimo 4K, when into Plugins and found it there, I started it and it started and I set it up the way I want it be set up.

Contact99

Vu+ User
Have a look. This is the Ultimo 4K at work. Have a Look at the collection of tuner, Also its ARM Processor not a nims I (I think its called Nims) used in the Duo2
DSC02439.jpg

Set up the way I like it
DSC02440.jpg

The Version of Black hole (3.0.5)
DSC02441.jpg

Last edited:

meekey

Vu+ Newbie
Thanx Contact, I hope you are correct, to be honest I don`t see what changes you have made with the plugin in your photos. I did have a version which installed on the Ultimo 4k but it wouldn`t make any changes that I wanted. Do you have a link to the version you are using?
Thanx.
meekey.

meekey

Vu+ Newbie
Contact you are a genius. I found the version you mentioned on the author`s (I think it`s the author`s site) and it works great.
Thanx again for the info.
meekey.

Contact99

Vu+ User
Contact you are a genius. I found the version you mentioned on the author`s (I think it`s the author`s site) and it works great.
Thanx again for the info.
meekey.
Well I'm happy to help someone else because most of the time I'm the one that needs Help.