Advice needed for my HDD recording problem please

aardvark5

Vu+ Newbie
Sometimes my box will record from the EPG and sometimes it won't.
When I press my Movie button I can see all recorded programmes but some work and some don't.
If I FTP to my HDD/Movie folder I can see 6 files to do with one recorded program (.eit, .ts, .ap, .cuts, .meta & .sc) and on some the .ts extension will be for example 1.4 gig but on others it will be zero.

I have tried 3 different images which are Blackhole, OpenVix and VTI and all have the same problem so with that process of elimination it can't be the image.

Any ideas what might be going on?
Thanks

aardvark5

Vu+ Newbie
VU+ Solo2
Two tuners & two LNB's.

It was OK when I first had it 2 weeks ago and now all of a sudden it's playing up.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Sometimes my box will record from the EPG and sometimes it won't.
When I press my Movie button I can see all recorded programmes but some work and some don't.
If I FTP to my HDD/Movie folder I can see 6 files to do with one recorded program (.eit, .ts, .ap, .cuts, .meta & .sc) and on some the .ts extension will be for example 1.4 gig but on others it will be zero.

I have tried 3 different images which are Blackhole, OpenVix and VTI and all have the same problem so with that process of elimination it can't be the image.

Any ideas what might be going on?
Thanks

*.ts is a transport stream of recorded transmission (file to be played). Others are auxiliary (movie cut, last position of viewing,....)

Your question is too generic. Try to record by timer and not by EPG.

aardvark5

Vu+ Newbie
Tried the timer and I get a 'Write error - Disk full?' message but I have about 970 gig free.
If I just press the record button it will record OK, just timed recordings are intermittent.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Tried the timer and I get a 'Write error - Disk full?' message but I have about 970 gig free.
If I just press the record button it will record OK, just timed recordings are intermittent.

Check your path for recordings, usually is hdd/movie.

aardvark5

Vu+ Newbie
Path is OK for recordings and the defaullt is HDD/Movie

I've just manually changed the Timer recording to HDD/Movie instead of Default and it's still giving me a write error.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Path is OK for recordings and the defaullt is HDD/Movie

I've just manually changed the Timer recording to HDD/Movie instead of Default and it's still giving me a write error.

Could be HDD faulty. Backup your HDD and try to reformat it (initialize).