Duo / DuoLE after replacement c807 freze in rec and crash

serialbug

Vu+ User
Hello to all
my vu + duo about two months ago due to some power surges I was forced to change the capacitor c807, but since then recording a program and I try to change channel, freezing everything and crashes. A few suggestions, thank you

serialbug

Vu+ User
Thanks Mick12334,

tuner A (diseqc hotbirt 13 + astra 19,2 from dish1) and tuner B (unicable hotbird 13 from dish2) working fine if I only see the channels, when I recording and change channel vu+duo freeze, hdd runs and only I can power off with button.

I also change the hdd... I fear it could be the power supply ..... but also another electronic component of motherboard, I do not know what to do...:sad:

Mick12334

I'm not sure if it's worth repairing, given how old the VU+ Duo is, and it's limited hardware.
I have a telecentre, reasonably local, who have repaired a couple of DVD recorders, for me, at a reasonable price, and they first work out a price, to see if it's worth the repairs, might be worth checking, if you have any local electronic repair shops, who will test your receiver.

Personally I would consider a newer receiver, capable of doing so much more, including Kodi.

serialbug

Vu+ User
Personally I would consider a newer receiver, capable of doing so much more, including Kodi.

you're right it makes no sense to spend money for an old decoder, certainly I buy a new one, maybe 4k ... and vu+duo I will use it only to see the programs .... as long as it lasts ....

Thanks Mick12334

serialbug

Vu+ User
just for curiosity I measured the voltages at the output of the power supply with connected motherboard

31,8 <---- it should be 34

and the output voltages at the ICs output PIN 8 regulator 1 ,2- and 3

reg1 2.48 <---- 2.52
reg2 1.22 <---- 1.27
reg3 1.31 <---- 1.32

I think everything works except the 31.8 volts of the power supply

serialbug

Vu+ User
in the end I could not resist and I bought a new power supply for € 66.40 ....

The decoder is new, perfect recordings and zapping ... ...

Thanks to a lighter image found on the net even the media player even works ... !! never succeeded in so many years .... !!!

p.s.

I also bought a new, more powerful decoder .... :)

AlexWilMac

What image? In my humble opinion, the lightest but also more exhaustive is our OBH (OpenBlackHole) which you can download from this same forum.

serialbug

Vu+ User
Currently OpenPli 6.2 ... pretty graphics, decent video drivers, working media player and ... more

I also tested the openATV on a par with the BH3.0.5ì as a video driver, but also heavy ...

OBH I tried for a few hours, but I was not impressed both as graphics and as a video driver ... since I have to test other images I promise to retry more carefully ... :)

AlexWilMac

What OBH version did you try? It's strange the graphic comment (I respect it, of course) because, taken it seems to me that judging an operative system from its aspect is like buying a car only because it's the only in pink (I personally know such a person who did it ;) ), I find OpenPli and other image skins really kitsch. But it's just my feeling.
About what you call "video driver" is not clear what you mean: the quality of picture? If so, it's quite strange, because OpenPli and OBH are both based on the same OE-A core...

And yes, BH is heavier, that's why I didn't mention it, following your comment about a light image.

serialbug

Vu+ User
I tested the image about two weeks ago ... and it was the last available downloadable from the site for vu + duo ... I guess it was 4.1

on my TV (an old LG HDready plasma of 2008) the video quality was not the best, but it could be the scaler of my TV that does not like the signal processed by the video drivers ... and yes ... when I talk about video drivers I refer to the quality of the picture..

I repeat I did not carefully test the OBH as the first image I tested after months I had used the BH3.0.5i where quality SD and HD video images very good (for my TV) :)