After upgrade to 2.1.3 letters do not look goot at 576i

hariskar

Vu+ Newbie
After I updated to 2.1.3 letters, especially the small ones of the menu and EPG do not look good with resolution 576i. They look normal with 720p. I did not have this problem with 2.1.2 with the same resolutions. Any solution?

hariskar

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you, I would hope that there would be a solution without to change skin. Why does the skin changes after each upgrade? I would like to keep the skin of 2.1.2 but I can find it only with red details which I don't like. Can't I find the original 2.1.2 skin?

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
AFAIK latest skins is being optimized for HD displays, and this is happening to other images too, as SD television sets are now rare.
You could install other skins yet keeping the original one and freely switch among the skins to find the one with the best appearance, or eventually come back to the original one.

hariskar

Vu+ Newbie
I agree with that, but users should have the choice to keep a constant environment and not forced to change at every update.
My TV is not SD but HD ready (Pioneer PDP-428HD, plasma) and I choose that resolution because I prefer my TV to do the scaling.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Are you using an HDMI connection to the TV set?
How is the box's video output resolution configured?
And is fixed or are you using autoresolution?

hariskar

Vu+ Newbie
Yes hdmi. I use autoresolution that from 576i gives output 576i. But even if I won't use autoresolution and put 576i to a/v settings the results are the same.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
There is nothing bad to use another skin than the original.:)
Indeed I've never kept the original...;)
You have really plenty of skin to choose from, particularly in BH which has the largest amount of possible choices.

Anyway, if it's only a matter of blurred text rendering, you could try to change the default font used in the original skin, without installing another skin.
Installing and activating a new font only requires a little kwnoledge of Enigma2 architecture and skinning.

hariskar

Vu+ Newbie
Maybe I will try to change the font size of the default skin.
For now, with the default skin I chose the solution of giving 720p output without autoresolution, which gives a clear (but still quite small) font.