All satts need fine tuning

David g

Vu+ Newbie
Hi
it seems my dish has got out of alignment .( vu solo twin tuner using usals )
On all satts i have to fine tune WEST a fair bit till i get a signal if i do this say on 28.2 east and put limits on I cant then go to say 13 e fine tune and set limits . What im saying is e/w are for full scope of the dish not seperate for satt channels .
Really need to go back to basics and start restoring different satts ( is a beginers guide advised ?)

Many thanks

David

Mick12334

As a temporary fix, until you sort out the problems with your dish, you can alter your Longitude setting, in the Usals motor setup, to compensate for the alignment issue.
Otherwise you need to switch to Diseqc 1.2 and manually store each satellite position.

David g

Vu+ Newbie
As a temporary fix, until you sort out the problems with your dish, you can alter your Longitude setting, in the Usals motor setup, to compensate for the alignment issue.
Otherwise you need to switch to Diseqc 1.2 and manually store each satellite position.
Thanks Mick
If i have to move all West do i need to add or subtract ( sorry for dumb question )

Mick12334

Your longitude reading is your True South, positive readings = East, negative readings = West, e.g. if your current longitude reading is something like -1.2 this would be input as 1.2 West. If when you select 28.2E the motor is overshooting it's mark, by 2 degrees, try changing your longitude to +1.2, or 1.2 East. Only by adjusting it slightly can you find the strongest signal, keep sending your dish to 0, adjust the longitude, by small amounts, and then send it to 28.2E, and back to 0, to adjust, until you get the strongest signal.
You can use the Diseqc 1.2 option to find out how much your dish is out.
This is only a temporary fix as you should get your dish properly aligned as early as possible, but if it works it means you can wait for some decent weather.