Aspect ratio for mkv video

houbahop

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

some mkv or mp4 videos have ratio different than 16/9 or 4/3 exemple 1920*808.

normally these videos are displayed on screen with black stripes at top and bottom.

But in blackhole, movies are streched and there are no stripes.

I tried to change display parameters : letter box,..., refresh frequency...,... with no result.
I specify that the problem is only with blackole image. (normal with openatv)

AlexWilMac

The display parameters are only for live TV; for file there should be a plugin, but I cannot check for it at the moment.

nunigaia

Hi,

some mkv or mp4 videos have ratio different than 16/9 or 4/3 exemple 1920*808.

normally these videos are displayed on screen with black stripes at top and bottom.

But in blackhole, movies are streched and there are no stripes.

I tried to change display parameters : letter box,..., refresh frequency...,... with no result.
I specify that the problem is only with blackole image. (normal with openatv)

Try Mediaplayer 2 for playing it and use the button (5) at your RCU to exchange between at the different modes video policy.

Download it from the addons feeds.

best regards
nunigaia

houbahop

Vu+ Newbie
I don't know why I must use a player like Mediaplayer because internal player is able to read videos. The only problem is the ratio of some

AlexWilMac

So, try the other solution: there are two plugins; aspectratioswitch (if I remember well) and Letterbox. Trying them is for free... ;)

houbahop

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Alexwilmac

I solved the problem :
I installed aspectratioswitch
I configured it in green panel :
set aspect ratio on setup : yes
startup aspect ratio Always 16:9

Then Restart Gui

I can uninstall aspectratioswitch. It continues to work !

Thank you for your help :)

AlexWilMac

I used only a long time ago but, if I remember well, there should be the chance of configuring its actions, for instance assigning them to coloured buttons or others. Try in the plugin's configuration.