Astra free channels/smartcard

Elina75

Vu+ Newbie
Just got the Ultimo 4K with DVB-T2 and DVB-S2X tuners.

I receive the astra 19.2E in Spain fine, but how can I decrypt the encrypted channels, what kind of smartcard, and from where, can I get a smartcard for that? And are there cards for astra which will work with the inbuild card reader (xcrypt), or do I need a CAM + card for astra. I do not want any paychannels, just have the encrypted free channels decrypted.

I'm using the image that came with the box, updated to latest version:

2019_04_15_vuplus_experimental (2019-11-26)

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User

I receive the astra 19.2E in Spain fine, but how can I decrypt the encrypted channels, what kind of smartcard, and from where, can I get a smartcard for that? And are there cards for astra which will work with the inbuild card reader (xcrypt), or do I need a CAM + card for astra. I do not want any paychannels, just have the encrypted free channels decrypted.

What are encrypted free channels? I think it refers to the Astra satellite in the 19th century ... put here an example of a channel with this feature. I remember that DTT / Spain are encrypted channels but that does not mean that they are not free ... this is what is called complementary DTT. DTT is paid by taxpayers in the country concerned ... why are they encrypted? Because of the emission rights ...

Elina75

Vu+ Newbie
Well, maybe I'm completely loss with this, but browsing the net I got the impression that part of the Astra broadcasts are "Free-to-Air" (and these channels I can watch now ok, without any smartcard), some are "Free-to-view" but are encrypted, and require some general smartcard with decryptation capability, and then there are of course the "Pay-to-view" channels. Is this information outdated already?

The "free" channels I can of course found from Astra channel list, but most of them are not showing now (encrypted) "astra channels"

Then this page lists channels that are available, and which one are encrypted : "satexpat". Like La 1 and La 2 are available, but encrypted.

And thirdly, another satellite channels webpage claimed these "Free-to-view" channels are available without subscription, just need some "general" decryptation card.

I used to have a Movistar package, which shoved all these general packages, even I had only subscribed to Movistar Moto-package.

Anyway, what I like to know, is how to get these general packages showing. Do I need to buy some channel package to view these. And I guess Movistar is the only provider in Spain (?!), and only with complete fiber mobil etc packages... For various reasons I am moving away from any and all Movistar services.

Then I do will have T2 too, guess there will be more of these "national" channels etc. Just can't test yet, got wrong information from the administracion, they claimed we have satellite & cable, when in fact we have satellite & terrestial in this building. So waiting for the DVB-T2 card to arrive...

EDIT: Sorry, didn't allow links in my post.

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
Free (or temporarily free) channels on Astra 19ºE can be found at:

Code:
https://pt.kingofsat.net/tv.php?&pos=19.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

DTT / Spain channels transmitted via Astra are encrypted. These same channels emitted in UHF (T / T2) are in FTA ...

If you are in Spain, try to know terrestrial DTT frequencies / broadcasters.

A tip: change the image of your Last 4K to BH or OBH ... this change will not solve your "problem" reported here, it will bring better performance to the receiver.

Tururu

BH Lover
En Astra 19E no tienes ningun canal de TDT (Television Digital Terrestre) que emita para España.
Movistar+ para sus abonados emite dentro del paquete general y encriptado ($), si te pierdes, son de pago, los canales nacionales (TVE_La1, TVE_La2, Antena3, Cuatro, Tele5, La6, etc.), asi no tienen que cambiar de mando y poner los canales de TDT de la TV si el abonado tiene un viejo receptor que no tiene sintonizador de TDT.
Las emisiones para los repetidores terrestres que dan servicio de TDT se realizan por Hispasat.
Las frecuencias de TDT, por ejemplo, busca en Google.
TDT1 + provincia.
Del resto, ni idea como siempre.
---------------------------
In Astra 19E you don't have any DTT (Digital Terrestrial Television) channel that broadcasts for Spain.
Movistar + for its subscribers broadcasts within the general and encrypted package ($), if you get lost, the national channels (TVE_La1, TVE_La2, Antena3, Cuatro, Tele5, La6, etc.) are paid, so you don't have to change your command and put the DTT channels of the TV if the subscriber has an old receiver that does not have a DTT tuner.
Emissions for terrestrial repeaters that provide DTT service are made by Hispasat.
DTT frequencies, for example, search Google.
TDT1 + province.
Of the rest, no idea as always.
In Spanish for me.

AlexWilMac

There are no such "Free-to-view" channels on Astra 19,2E: they are all paid channels.
There had been some Tivusat channels, Rai1HD, Rai2HD and Rai3HD until a couple of years ago (ant they could be decrypted by a tivusat CAM&SmartCard you could buy and pay just once) but they are no longer broadcast from this SAT.
Don't rely too much on such ambiguous sites, that mainly try to sell you services somewhat...

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
Well, maybe I'm completely loss with this, but browsing the net I got the impression that part of the Astra broadcasts are "Free-to-Air" (and these channels I can watch now ok, without any smartcard), some are "Free-to-view" but are encrypted, and require some general smartcard with decryptation capability, and then there are of course the "Pay-to-view" channels. Is this information outdated already?

The "free" channels I can of course found from Astra channel list, but most of them are not showing now (encrypted) "astra channels"

Then this page lists channels that are available, and which one are encrypted : "satexpat". Like La 1 and La 2 are available, but encrypted.

And thirdly, another satellite channels webpage claimed these "Free-to-view" channels are available without subscription, just need some "general" decryptation card.

I used to have a Movistar package, which shoved all these general packages, even I had only subscribed to Movistar Moto-package.

Anyway, what I like to know, is how to get these general packages showing. Do I need to buy some channel package to view these. And I guess Movistar is the only provider in Spain (?!), and only with complete fiber mobil etc packages... For various reasons I am moving away from any and all Movistar services.

Then I do will have T2 too, guess there will be more of these "national" channels etc. Just can't test yet, got wrong information from the administracion, they claimed we have satellite & cable, when in fact we have satellite & terrestial in this building. So waiting for the DVB-T2 card to arrive...

EDIT: Sorry, didn't allow links in my post.

I made a mess ... DTT / Spain is not in Astra 19,2º but in Hispasat 30ºW ... what left Hispasat and moved only to Astra was Movistar.

Abertis is the provider of DTT / Spain satellite. I will send you a channel list but this is an encrypted signal.

Code:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/3t9wky

There are no such "Free-to-view" channels on Astra 19,2E: they are all paid channels.
There had been some Tivusat channels, Rai1HD, Rai2HD and Rai3HD until a couple of years ago (ant they could be decrypted by a tivusat CAM&SmartCard you could buy and pay just once) but they are no longer broadcast from this SAT.
Don't rely too much on such ambiguous sites, that mainly try to sell you services somewhat...

There are no free channels on Astra 19.2ºE? Then open the link placed at # 4 ... some well known: ZDF HD, Das Erste HD ...

AlexWilMac

I did not wrote FTA but (quoting him where he wrote "...And thirdly, another satellite channels webpage claimed these "Free-to-view" channels are available without subscription, just need some "general" decryptation card."): there are no FREE-TO-VIEW, not Free-to-Air (FTA).
FTV and FTA are completely different things. And, indeed, I mentioned Tivusat channels, one the FTV packages (but, nonetheless, encrypted).

Tururu

BH Lover
En Astra a 19'2ºEste,
Si un canal al sintonizarlo, se ve sin hacer nada, es gratis/FTA.
Si un canal al sintonizarlo no se ve, esta encriptado, lo de menos es como, es de pago ($) y no se puede ver sin estar abonado.

Luego da igual que sea un paquete general, que el dueño de la codificacion lo tenga añadido a un paquete basico.
Como si contratas el paquete A, te damos de regalo los canales del paquete B, todos son de pago ($).
Es como decir, tengo el paquete basico y añadido cine y series.
Otro tendra futbol y le regalan el basico, cine y series.
Todos son de pago ($) y no se pueden ver sin estar abonado.

En Hispasat, en la ultima actualizacion de contrato (alquiler satelite), Movistar dejo de usar sus tp/frecuencias, emitiendo desde entonces solo por Astra.
Aparte de otros proveedores que emiten por Hispasat.
Por un lado tienes los enlaces de Abertis Telecom para los repetidores terrestres con los canales de
Television Digital Terrestre (DTT).
Si vives en zonas donde no llega la señal de estos repetidores, un antenista certificado lo confirma y puedes pedir un receptor de satelite subvencionado para ver los canales directamente del satelite Hispasat.
Por un resquicio legal, se pueden pedir estos receptores para carabanas/barcos que terminan vendiendose por internet.

Por otro lado tienes tambien emisines en abierto (FTA) de algunos canales que se emitenen en TDT.
Tienes el canal Bom Cine (10922V1667 9/10 DVB-S2) enlaces posiblemente para cabeceras de empresas de cable/similares, el SR1667 se quita muchos receptores del mercado que los puedan sintonizar.

Tambien tienes canales que se emiten en streaming sin codificar, son libres/gratis/FTA, pero usan PLS.
PLS.- Originalmente fue pensado para reducir la interferencia de canales cruzados.
Pero en la vida real se utiliza como un simple cifrado

Si no tienes el codigo PLS correcto, el tp/frecuencia no tiene señal, con los datos correctos, tiene señal y los puedes sintonizar (con el tamaño de antena correcto como siempre y los VU+ son sordos aqui).
Tienes estos tp/frecuencias.
11330 H 9140 3/4 DVB-S2/8PSK
11491 V 7522 8/9 DVB-S2/8PSK
11496 H 7884 8/9 DVB-S2/8PSK
------------------
In Astra at 19'2ºEste,
If a channel when tuned, it is seen doing nothing, it is free/FTA.
If a channel when tuning it is not seen, it is encrypted, the least is like, it is paid ($) and cannot be viewed without being paid.

Then it doesn't matter if it's a general package, that the owner of the coding has it added to a basic package.
As if you hire package A, we give you the channels of package B as a gift, all are paid ($).
It's like saying, I have the basic package and added movies and series.
Another will have soccer and they give him the basics, movies and series.
All are paid ($) and cannot be viewed without being paid.

In Hispasat, in the last contract update (satellite rental), Movistar stopped using its tp/frequencies, emitting since then only by Astra.
Apart from other providers that emit by Hispasat.
On the one hand you have the Abertis Telecom links for terrestrial repeaters with the channels of
Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT).
If you live in areas where the signal from these repeaters does not arrive, a certified antenist confirms it and you can request a subsidized satellite receiver to watch the channels directly from the Hispasat satellite.
For a legal loophole, you can ask for these receivers for caravans / boats that end up selling online.

On the other hand you also have open broadcasts (FTA) of some channels that are broadcast on DTT.
You have the Bom Cine channel (10922V1667 9/10 DVB-S2) links possibly for headers of cable/similar companies, the SR1667 removes many receivers from the market that can tune them.

You also have channels that are streamed without coding, are free/FTA, but use PLS.
PLS.- Originally it was designed to reduce cross channel interference.
But in real life it is used as a simple encryption.

If you do not have the correct PLS code, the tp/frequency has no signal, with the correct data, it has a signal and you can tune them (with the correct antenna size as always and the VU+ are deaf here).
You have these tp/frequencies.
11330 H 9140 3/4 DVB-S2/8PSK
11491 V 7522 8/9 DVB-S2/8PSK
11496 H 7884 8/9 DVB-S2/8PSK
OK-chulo-jpg.gif
https://www.flysat.com/hispasat.php

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
Si un canal al sintonizarlo no se ve, esta encriptado, lo de menos es como, es de pago ($) y no se puede ver sin estar abonado.

------------------

If a channel when tuning it is not seen, it is encrypted, the least is like, it is paid ($) and cannot be viewed without being paid.

It will not be so ... for example, in DTT / Portugal satellite, you buy the equipment (receiver + card) and you will see the channels without paying anything else ... for now you can touch the receiver and use another one capable of reading the card.

Here in Portugal there is a fee that all or practically all pay, regardless of whether they access DTT, or not, by satellite or by land.

I quoted the TNT or Fransat which is the same, where the shape is the same as for the receiver + card ... as for the rate I don't know if it exists, but surely the taxes of the citizens of each country will support it. the public tv service ...

AlexWilMac

@Tururu
What we are saying here is that there are encrypted channels where you pay only once the Cam&Smartcard. For instance, the ones I know (and got) are Tivusat and RSI/SRG/SSR.
We might say that what you pay is the equipment rather than the services...

Tururu

BH Lover
You pay for a service once, receive more card.
Then you can put the card in another device that can read it easily.
But you need the card, without that card nones.
I perfectly understand.
I know how the French TNT works.
-----------
Pagas un servicio una vez, receptor mas tarjeta.
Luego la tarjeta la puedes meter en otro equipo que la puede leer facilmente.
Pero necesitas la tarjeta, sin esa tarjena nones.
Lo entiendo perfectamente.
Se como funciona la TNT francesa.