Asus USB-AC56 on Vu+ Solo2

un_ground

Vu+ Newbie
Hi!
I have two Wi-Fi USB adapters Asus USB-N13 (rt8192) and Asus USB-AC56 (rt8812)
I've bought AC56 for better perfomance. But result was terrible.
When I connected AC56 to laptop in the same place, signal strength and quality at all was perfect.
How it could be? AC56 has external antenna...

Attachments

• USB-N13.jpg
    USB-N13.jpg
    435.3 KB · Views: 19
  • USB-AC56.jpg
    USB-AC56.jpg
    398.5 KB · Views: 18

AlexWilMac

Because, as EVERY hardware, it works because there is a software driver that make it work. Hardware for itself is insignificant.

Matrix10

Administrator
Hi!
I have two Wi-Fi USB adapters Asus USB-N13 (rt8192) and Asus USB-AC56 (rt8812)
I've bought AC56 for better perfomance. But result was terrible.
When I connected AC56 to laptop in the same place, signal strength and quality at all was perfect.
How it could be? AC56 has external antenna...

My earlier tests showed a huge difference in my case

Try to use USB extension cable and put the usb wifi in the best place.
Away from the receiver.
(Half a meter was already enough)
If you put USB Wifi directly into the receiver there is a great possibility of disturbance in the work.

un_ground

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for replies!
To clarify the situation:

I tried to connect USB-AC56 directly and through extension cable that came with. (USB-N13 that I used before was inserted direct in backplate of Solo2)
Also tried different channel width 20-40MHz.
On 5Ghz result is worse. So for discovering of the problem I chose 2,4 Ghz range.
After some attempts I thought that USB-AC56 is defective. So I took laptop to that place and test connection with USB-N13 and USB-AC56. And USB-AC56 showed much better speed and signal strength. But when I connected it to Solo2 with supplied extension cable and place it exactly at the same position where was laptop... results are in the first post(((
After that I thought there is some problem in the driver...

AP - Ubiquiti UAP-AC-LR.
On the weekend I'm going to try to configure my laptop Wi-Fi adapter as AP for testing. So will post results.

un_ground

Vu+ Newbie
I didn't find a solution... That's why I sold USB-AC56. Still using USB-N13 for Internet connection and I'm planning to use the cable.