Audio settings

Jan Suhr

Vu+ Newbie
I have my VU+ Solo2 connected to an Epson Projector over a Pioneer Receiver with HDMI, the audio is connected with optical fiber. This setup has full support for 5.1 Dolby sound.

So I have set my VU+ to have 5.1 Dolby as default.

But when looking at BBC1, BBC2 and ITV 1 HD I everytime has to set the audio to 5.1 Dolby manually, it seems that the default setting is not applied.

Most of the other channels (Astra 28.2E) are in MPEG format.

Isn't the VU+ supposed to sense the difference and output the correct audio?

Jan

Jan Suhr

Vu+ Newbie
Do you have dolby digital downmix on?it must be off or you will get stereo only
Yes it is off,

It seems like it has sorted itself out now, but occasionaly it will go back to Mpeg.
My receiver shows on its display which mode it gets.

Jan

G

Godanapo

Which channels are you trying?
Some channels with Dolby Digital sound (when use only a AC3 sound pid), sometimes doesnt use "true" Dolby Digital sound. Maybe thats why your receiver sometimes doesnt say that :)
An example is with Deluxe Music HD channel on 23E, using Dolby Digital but many of that content isnt Dolby.

Jan Suhr

Vu+ Newbie
In my case it is BBC One HD, BBC Two HD and ITV 1 HD on Astra 28.2E, might be that some programs don't have Dolby and it switch back. But in all cases when I see that it has switched back and I go in with the Yellow button I can always select Dolby.

Jan

G

Godanapo

Right :)
In your settings do you have "Prefer AC3" on? I use it ON, and always choose AC3 audio pids :)