Audiopip became... Videopip

AlexWilMac

I'm not sure it happened just after the last update to 4.1.027 but surely the last time I tried was not so long ago.
I've been using the plugin audiopip in its 0.2 version since BH 2.1.4 and after every update of BH and OBH without any issues, so far.
Now, enabling it results it a normal video PiP window, different from the one you get choosing PiP instead of Audiopip.
I know it should be probably reported to the plugin's author, but as it has always worked under many and many BH and OBH version, makes me think.
Maybe OBH coders could find the reason of this change of behaviour?

nunigaia

I'm not sure it happened just after the last update to 4.1.027 but surely the last time I tried was not so long ago.
I've been using the plugin audiopip in its 0.2 version since BH 2.1.4 and after every update of BH and OBH without any issues, so far.
Now, enabling it results it a normal video PiP window, different from the one you get choosing PiP instead of Audiopip.
I know it should be probably reported to the plugin's author, but as it has always worked under many and many BH and OBH version, makes me think.
Maybe OBH coders could find the reason of this change of behaviour?

Version 0.2 ?

Have you tried version 0.3 --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...ning-to-the-audio-from-another-channel.15724/

best regards
nunigaia

AlexWilMac

The problem seems to be that the pip window is not resized to full screen to override the "real" channel (because this is actually the trick that makes audiopip work: the channel you zap to is hidden by the PiP in full screen but you ear its audio...).

AlexWilMac

I suppose this problem is due to the new PiP features I found out had been implemented in OBH and whom I wasn't aware of, so far: I mean the new PiP modes.
I also checked the plugin.py file but there, obviously, everything seems like it should be. Is the image that now interact differently.
Or, probably, the plugin should now contain an instruction to recall the right PiP mode, the standard one, I suppose.

AlexWilMac

P.S. It seems that Audiopip recalls, by default, the new PiP mode named "Big PiP" and as this one is not customizable, you can't put the PiP window in full screen to overlay the video from the channel you want only for the audio.
So, again, if anyone has a suggestion ho to use back the Standard PiP mode, let us know!

AlexWilMac

I think I need an explanation for those who may have thought that now (with the new PiP mode called BIG PiP) there's no need of an added plugin.
Actually, not only I found out only by chance these new PiP modes but also found out that the normal behaviour of Big PiP is to show the PiP window in FullScreen. Instead, my is not (and I didn't know that's not normal): mine's it's a quarter of the screen and I don't find the way to resize it the normal way (long blue and then green).
I verified, also, that in a secondary installation of OBH in multiboot, the Big PiP is regularly in full screen size.
So, now the question changes to: as I uninstalled AudioPip, how to restore the FullScreen size for the BIG PiP mode? Where are its settings located? I would avoid to reinstall everything only for this problem!

lulo

Vu+ Newbie
A mi me pasa lo mismo con el Audiopip no puedo poner la pantalla completa y el sonido de otro canal en Vu uno 4K, con Vu Solo2 se podía perfectamente. Gracias

AlexWilMac

A mi me pasa lo mismo con el Audiopip no puedo poner la pantalla completa y el sonido de otro canal en Vu uno 4K, con Vu Solo2 se podía perfectamente. Gracias

Only English in this section.
According to some admins, it is a driver bug and can be solved only by VU+.

My last post here is quite old, 9 months: it seems that this bug affect only some models, surely the Solo4K, not the Duo2.
Now we know it also affects the Uno4K but not the Solo2.
Probably, then, it affects all the arm (4K) receiver and not the mips.