Automatic Volume leveling (AVL)

MickyMac

Vu+ Newbie
Th evolume on different channels is always different and sometimes extremely louder or softer. I zap a lot and the volume difference is anoying.

Is there a setting somewhere where the volume can be set to a certain level, independant of which channel you are on?

Similarily, while watching a channel the sound level can fluctuate markedly especially on news channels when the focus shifts away from the presentor to a (remote) person being interviewed. Very often I have to adjust the sound level between the presentor and the person being interviewed, which again is anoying.

Is there a setting somewhere where the volume can be set to a certain level?

I am using Blackhole image 3.0.8. C on my Vu+ Solo 4K

AlexWilMac

I can't try BH at the moment but, if it's like OBH, you should have it simply pressing the button AUDIO and you should see the option you are looking for.

MickyMac

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you for your replies, but when pressing the AUDIO button I only get this:
upload_2020-4-12_13-10-28.png
All the coloured options do not show anything interesting

I am using Blackhole image 3.0.8. C on my Vu+ Solo 4K, maybe other images have different menus?

AlexWilMac

Allora, ho finalmente avuto la possibilità di riavviare in BH e, in effetti, abituato a vedere ormai l'opzione disponibile in OBH (ma non mi è mai piaciuta) mi ero dimenticato che in BH bisogna fare... qualche giro in più:

1) Installare il plugin in figura 1
2) Dal menu plugin, andare su "Effetti audio" ed impostare l'AVL come in figura 2

Attachments

• AVL-1.jpg
    AVL-1.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 40
  • AVL-2.jpg
    AVL-2.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 31

MickyMac

Vu+ Newbie
I have a different version than you of Automatic volume adjustment. I downloaded a ipk file
enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-automaticvolumeadjustment_experimental-cvs20100807-r0_dm500hd.ipk
which I found on Internet.
Where did you find your version?

60a6787c-6369-4a86-8889-c3466fc20b37

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-12_16-27-9.png
    upload_2020-4-12_16-27-9.png
    388 KB · Views: 26

AlexWilMac

Simply in the built-in Addons BH server (the 2nd one, to be precise) if I remember well it was among the Multimedia plugins.
I can't reboot BH from omb at the moment, but I'm almost sure it was there.

MickyMac

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks again.
I found the extension on the BH server but it is the same as the one I downloaded. I will give it a try to see if it is usable.

The help text shown is as follows:
upload_2020-4-12_18-10-8.png

This maybe different from your version.