autoshutdown plugin for blackhole. does it work?

a911

The BH Lover
i have tested this plugin but it does not seem to work with blackhole.
does anybody have a working version?

What BH image U have and STB?
I tested ver 0.3-r1,,,it carshes!
As I read the crash logs, it seems coming from the skin/codes of BH images , not compatible!
If it uses converters and codes , I would not recommend it!

blackedipz99

Vu+ Newbie
will it be possible for developer team to make a working version?
its a really usefull plugin. it can shut down your box if it has been idle for a predefined period of time.(if you fall asleep maybe)

blackedipz99

Vu+ Newbie
You can simply use cron manager in blue panel, add new cron and set shutdown time.

i know about cron manager.
but i need the plugin so that if no key is pressed for 30 minutes it automatically goes to standby
cron does not have any idle time option

sunespeg

Vu+ Newbie
I am very interested in such a plugin too, infact i think it should be default behaviour to standby after XX hours of inactivity.
Ofcourse the timer should be variable, and option to set to "never" too for kiosk-mode and people watching LOTR movies :)
I did a little study on some friends and parents, and 0/4 turns off their STB ,they just shut theit TV off, leaving the STB on. If the STB turns off, most modern TV's would go into standby too.
Personally i miss this feature , because i have an old plasma that doesnt go into standby, instead it has succumbs to "burn in " .

I have no idea how BH works, but since cron doesnt have an idle option, perhaps it can be done with trickery?

Lets say we want to autostandby after 300 minutes of inactiviry:
Upon resume or poweron: schedule a cronjob in now+300 minutes.
Everytime someone presses a button on remote,set a variable with a timestamp (i am sure there are some kind of input handler where that can be inserted)

Inside that standby-cronjob, when run do something like this (time is conveniently kept in minutes):
if ( current_time-300 > $last_remote_input ) {
reschedulestandbycronjob($now+$last_remote_input)
}
else {
standby()
}

..sounds too easy ? -atleast when you dont have to make it yourself :)