Autotimer: What does the “prefer alternatives” option do?

NinjaFromNZ

Vu+ Newbie
The title pretty much explains my question

I’ve hunted for any documentation but the only reference I’ve been able to find which mentions this setting is to says that it’s been fixed, but nothing saying what it actually does

I’d like to know!

AlexWilMac

Even if I have never needed this option so far, there must be only an answer, I suppose: it may be liased to the Alternatives you can set for each channel.
As for them, if the main channel is not available, it'll use the alternatives, I suppose.

NinjaFromNZ

Vu+ Newbie
I’m not sure, if it was as you suggest, then it would make more sense to call the setting something like “use alternatives on conflict”

if you “prefer” alternatives, that suggests that you would rather use a different service if one exists.

Nope the plugin picks up on what you like to watch. lets say you like to watch "Gold Rush" on Disvcovery Network,
If you enable this plugin it will automatic add a recording timer when ever a channel is broadcasting "Gold Rush"

You can of cause set filter and other settings to pin point more exact what it should pickup but this is the basic ide :)

AlexWilMac

OK: actually I couldn't notice that because I usually don't create an Autotimer valid only for one channel (apart from very specific cases) but I tell him to search for events in my main bouquet or, for instance, in some secondary bouquets.

@NinjaFromNZ
I did not talk about "conflicts" but about the unavailability of some channels: also the feature for channels called Alternatives has never been my favourite, but it should work like I said: if there is no signal (or if a channel is not available in a tuner) the box would use an alternative. But I'm not completely sure of this.
So, if it was so for watching, it might be the same for Autotimer. Only, I never used ;)