Backup

Gigantone

Vu+ User
I'm a new Duo2 owner from about two weeks, I would like update to BH 2.0.7 from actual 2.0.6, but I don't want to loose all settings just made in the box. I believe that backup and restore is possible, anyone can explain how to proceed? And I downloaded some skins directly in the box, will I loose them after update? Thank you.

sidTM

Vu+ User
I'm a new Duo2 owner from about two weeks, I would like update to BH 2.0.7 from actual 2.0.6, but I don't want to loose all settings just made in the box. I believe that backup and restore is possible, anyone can explain how to proceed? And I downloaded some skins directly in the box, will I loose them after update? Thank you.

Hello

To keep your settings you need to go to menu-backup menu and choose personal backup, in that menu you can choose what you want to backup
Remember your better backing these settings up to your HDD so when you go through the setup wizard on 2.0.7 you can choose to restore these settings

Hope this helped

Gigantone

Vu+ User
Grazie, ho capito perfettamente e domani provo. Ma per quanjto riguarda le skin? Le ho scaricate direttamente dal Green Panel di Blackhole, se le copio nel PC posso poi ricopiarle nel box e ritrovarmele o come devo procedere? E poi in quale cartella si trovano? Grazie.

Gigantone

Vu+ User
Sorry, I replied in italian.... So, what about Skin? I downloaded some skin from BH Green Panel, if I copy them in my PC can I upload in the box after image update? And where are skin in Duo2, in which folder? Thank you.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
And where are skin in Duo2, in which folder?
Skins are located in their own folders (named with the skin name) that are created in:
/usr/share/enigma2/

If you downloaded a skin, you can simply redownload it after image update and select it again.
If you modified it, save the skin folder to your PC and after update copy it back to the original location, then reboot and select it from the skin menu.