Barry Allen Support thread

gutemine

Vu+ User
The ultimo profile was already added and reported to work.

BUT as this are testkits the correct answer would be ... try out and tell the others ...

sat gr

BH Lover
i install barry allen 10.0.2 yesterday in my ultimo and i like share with you all my results

i was have usb and hdd in my box , in hdd i was have installed some images

meoboot images.jpg

after barry allen installation i see in meoboot my installed images but i lost boot select image option for meoboot and i have not any boot screen from barry allen but plugin there is in plugins menu and barry allen choose my hdd for install no my usb i have them mounted us :
media/hdd & media/usb

plugin.jpg

my barry allen setup is this am i have something wrong ?

setup boot.jpg

i follow @ Shiro tutorial and i install one mine backup black hole 2.0.3 image same with flash image

image in media.ba.backup.jpg

here is what happen with multiboot image installation

run.jpg

run finish.jpg

i select from barry allen menu to boot from multiboot but not success

not boot from multiboot.jpg

what going wrong with my barry allen installation ?

Attachments

• run.jpg
    run.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 32

sat gr

BH Lover
in DCC/Tools we have only options for .nfi image backup no .zip i hope added in the future , i want check and VuCC

no backup.jpg

about backup zip options from barry allen menu us gutemine say work

zip backup.jpg

multiboot backup.jpg

multiboot backup run.jpg

build files.jpg

finish.jpg

but create only 2 files [root_cfe_auto.bin and kernel_cfe_auto.bin ] no 3 like black hole backup tool : other 2 + [splash_cfe_auto.bin]

Shiro

BH-C
sat gr.
1) meoboot and barry allen are two different plugin.
you cannot mix barry allen and meoboot.
If you have a meoboot installation you have to delete meoboot and format the usb stick before to install barry allen.

2) About dcc. This is not the dcc thread please don't post here requests about dcc.

3) About backup: splash_cfe_auto.bin can be omitted. It is only the splashlogo. So it is ok to have only the two files in ultimo (things are different for solo2).

4) About issues of ba with ultimo i leave the reply to gutemine.

gutemine

Vu+ User
Well, if you already used MeoBoot this device is not available for BA. Unplug it and add another stick for BA testing, because BA documentation clearly saiys that during first installation ONLY wanted BA device and Harddisk should be present. Later further devices are not a problem. I could implement BA that if he doesn't find his device he gives MeoBoot a chance, but at the moment you can have only one of the two. But if you switch /sbin/init link between the binaries you can manually switch which tool you want to use.

If you don't see the bootmanager I need output of /media/ba/.balog file after a reboot this should tell what happens to the bootmanager binary.

As BA doesn't use splash screens there is no need to backup it (even kernel backup could be avoided) as you could also take the original ones of the images and replace only root with the one from the backup. But if you feel more comfortable I could add the splash bin also, but it would work the same as the kernel bin - this is just copied to /boot of the image and not used at all, as the box boots the Flashkernel only. The kernel bin is then only copied back and added to the backup if a backup is done. Only if you do a backup booted from Flashimage then the kernel acttually is extracted from flash. But as nobody could answer the question where splash bin is written if no extra splash partittion is available as on the solo2 I have not implemented this.

NickZ

Vu+ User
gutemine, please, explain what are advantages of Barry Allen over Meoboot. Particularly, are there restrictions of the total number of images used (8 for Meo)? Can I use images in BA with Linux kernel other than in the flash image?

sat gr

BH Lover
Well, if you already used MeoBoot this device is not available for BA. Unplug it and add another stick for BA testing, because BA documentation clearly saiys that during first installation ONLY wanted BA device and Harddisk should be present. Later further devices are not a problem. I could implement BA that if he doesn't find his device he gives MeoBoot a chance, but at the moment you can have only one of the two. But if you switch /sbin/init link between the binaries you can manually switch which tool you want to use.

If you don't see the bootmanager I need output of /media/ba/.balog file after a reboot this should tell what happens to the bootmanager binary.

As BA doesn't use splash screens there is no need to backup it (even kernel backup could be avoided) as you could also take the original ones of the images and replace only root with the one from the backup. But if you feel more comfortable I could add the splash bin also, but it would work the same as the kernel bin - this is just copied to /boot of the image and not used at all, as the box boots the Flashkernel only. The kernel bin is then only copied back and added to the backup if a backup is done. Only if you do a backup booted from Flashimage then the kernel acttually is extracted from flash. But as nobody could answer the question where splash bin is written if no extra splash partittion is available as on the solo2 I have not implemented this.

sorry i have not output of /media/ba/.balog file because i was delete all files and i was reflash my ultimo :(

i format my usb to ext4 and i mounted to /universe
now i remove some files from my hdd for i will intialize it because my hdd it is mounted us media/hdd meoboot and i can't change it (i don't know why)
after intialize i will mount it to media/hdd
so i will start from the begining with my devices clean and i will tell you my results

thanks for your time my friend

gutemine

Vu+ User
Please check documentation of BA fro your questions. The BA functionality is described there nicely and BA supports up to 12 images + Flash. As I don't support the feature to run the kernel from FAT (=Wally West) on non-Dreamboxes the kernel and drivers have to be consistent. You can cheat by flashing different kernel (for example the BH one in anotehr image) or copying /lib/modules, but this neither supported nur adviceable.

sat gr

BH Lover

i format my usb to ext4 and i mounted to /universe
now i remove some files from my hdd for i will intialize it because my hdd it is mounted us media/hdd meoboot and i can't change it (i don't know why)
after intialize i will mount it to media/hdd
so i will start from the begining with my devices clean and i will tell you my results

thanks for your time my friend

after all that without meoboot in my box again same problem in my ultimo
there is installed original vuplus image

installed.jpg

i try boot vuplus image (multiboot) but boot flash image :(

also DCC show me i booted from vuplus image !!!
also i have not barryallen boot screen again
i upload /media/ba/.balog files and ba.sh
before and after try boot vuplus image
thanks for your time and your support

Attachments

• for gutemine.rar
    32.8 KB · Views: 110

gutemine

Vu+ User
The tar file doesn't contain the .balog file. I don't need any ini files or the ba.sh

bainit starts bootmanager with an output redirection to /media/ba/.balog so all the output the bootmanager produces goes there.

but because if the . it is a hidden file under linux. it is easier to rename it and then FTP and post it:

mv /media/ba/.balog /media/ba/balog.txt

Or you do cat /media/ba/.balog and post the output as normally it is relatively short - less then 1 page.

sat gr

BH Lover
root@vuultimo:~# mv /media/ba/.balog /media/ba/balog.txt
mv: can't rename '/media/ba/.balog': No such file or directory
root@vuultimo:~#

gutemine

Vu+ User
Then we are back to the simple question - if you reboot BA Plugin is still there and /media/ba mount contains the BA device ?

sat gr

BH Lover
yes my friend BA plugin there is in plugin menu, i see in media/ba BA plugin's files
i test many images to install multiboot but never i was see boot manager screen and never
boot the multiboot image
i can't rename or cat .balog because i have No such file or directory message
also there is not meoboot in image

gutemine

Vu+ User
This is strange because if BA Plugin is shown then bainit is running and mounting the BA device. if it then doesn't even start the bootmanager then only a bootlog could tell us why.

gutemine

Vu+ User
A bootlog is NOT the .balog

And no, if there is no input from the users it will be not magically fixed in any (new) version.

It is that simple as how should I fix something I can't reproduce or test ?

a911

The BH Lover
It is very nice to have gutemine around...:welcome: !

Will try BA with future release of BH!
BA has nice tools...that I liked in the olddays...;):D!
RgdZ
a911

sat gr

BH Lover
A bootlog is NOT the .balog

And no, if there is no input from the users it will be not magically fixed in any (new) version.

It is that simple as how should I fix something I can't reproduce or test ?

3 days my friend i test your perfect plugin in my ultimo and i try anythink you tell me

because i like have it in my ultimo

i have not any problem if you like conect to my ultimo with teamviewer for check and see any you like

sure more users will be help if input here their tests

also i wait input from a911 for i see if he has same problem

gutemine

Vu+ User
This is the problem with passive support - if it works, great - if not ...

Please check with other users, as I was told that it worked with duo and ultimo and solo2 (the only 3 boxes with profiles added officially) I can't offer more help then readin your logs, but without them it is ... difficult.

sat gr

BH Lover
Barry Allen 10.0.3

scaled.php
Barry Allen Released Kit & Support Thread
Hier ist das Changelog für den aktuellen Kit von Barry Allen:
* dieser Kit ist NUR für ganz aktuelle OE 2.0 Images
* ZIP Image Files mit der root als ubifs sind jetzt auch unterstützt ohne nachinstallierte Sachen
* Images mit lzo compression oder ubifs können jetzt auch wieder gesichert werden
* es gibt jetzt eine neue Einstellung im Plugin, um für bessere Performance auf der 800se und 500hd Squashfs images in den Barry Allen Images zu entfernen.
* bainit 90 im Flash macht weiterhin Filesystemcheck aber bainit 99 in Barry Allen Images macht auf der 500hd und 800se jetzt ein squashfs recovery.
* das automatische Swapen beim booten ist wieder aktiviert und erstellt sich auch gleich sein 256 MB großes swapfile selbst.
* der Wally West 8.0 kit ist jetzt released (funktioniert aber NICHT mit der alten 800, daher auch nur ein mips32el ipk) und für ubifs ist er auch noch nicht getestet, wahrscheinlich werden wir für 9.X neuen brauchen.
* beim installieren von Debian wird jetzt wheezy statt squeeze verwendet.
* es kommt jetzt nfidump 0.10.X zum Einsatz bei dem das Extrahieren von Fremdimages verbessert wurde, und man kann jetzt auch nur die root mit ubifs als ZIP image sichern
* Barry Allen hat jetzt einen Gast Modus und ihr werdet schon rausfinden was der macht.
Link zur Reply mit der Doku von romeo-golf:
Barry Allen Kit & Support Thread
LG
gutemine

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-barryallen_10.0.3_all.rar
    1.3 MB · Views: 181