Barry Allen Support thread

sat gr

BH Lover
i install new version 10.0.3 but not fix my problems :(
1.no boot multiboot image
2.no boot manager
my hdd is mounted us media/hdd
and my usb us media/ba

please can any other member with vu+ ultimo report if work in his box ?
and who he has mounted his devices ?

thanks in advance

biskra

Vu+ Newbie
i install new version 10.0.3 but not fix my problems :(
1.no boot multiboot image
2.no boot manager
my hdd is mounted us media/hdd
and my usb us media/ba

please can any other member with vu+ ultimo report if work in his box ?
and who he has mounted his devices ?

thanks in advance
i have the same configuration,
first, try to unmount the hdd
second format your usb and mount it media/ba
insatall BA then reboot your box
but the probleme can i use other image like dm 800se image, because i installed one with nfi extention, BA umpact it and i see it in boot menu , when i choose it for booting my box freez, can you help?
sorry for my bad english

sat gr

BH Lover
i have the same configuration,
first, try to unmount the hdd
second format your usb and mount it media/ba
insatall BA then reboot your box
but the probleme can i use other image like dm 800se image, because i installed one with nfi extention, BA umpact it and i see it in boot menu , when i choose it for booting my box freez, can you help?
sorry for my bad english

I did as you say but not work for me
in your ultimo can you boot multiboot image?
and are you have boot manager?
i think you can't dm 800se image to multiboot in your ultimo
thanks for your report

biskra

Vu+ Newbie
I did as you say but not work for me
in your ultimo can you boot multiboot image?
and are you have boot manager?
i think you can't dm 800se image to multiboot in your ultimo
thanks for your report
yes i have boot manager and i can witch image to boot, i just try with zip image and it work fine,
try to install BA again and it will work for you

sat gr

BH Lover
when you was install barryallen first time after install restart your ultimo ?
for me no
also not restart after new zip image installation

thanks again for your time

sat gr

BH Lover
biskra who do you have wizard for setup ?
can you post one screenshot please?

gutemine who files from barryallen is for boot manager
for give me biskra if he want ?

levi

@sat gr here is screenshot for ultimo barry allen

Attachments

• IMG_2326.JPG
    IMG_2326.JPG
    232.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2329.JPG
    IMG_2329.JPG
    232.6 KB · Views: 52

levi

@sat gr try this thats hove i don it pls make shure you have deleted barry allen be for u start
First unmount your hdd reboot stb.
Format ur usb using bh image usb format toll whene finish reboot stb.
Mount ur usb media/usb reboot stb.
Send barry allen ipk. file to tmp.
Then give this command on telnet "opkg install /tmp/*.ipk"
After finish reboot ur stb.
Then u will see barry allen on boot

gutemine

Vu+ User
Please read the doumentation. It doen't write that you should mount BA anywhere or at all. The ONLY prerequisite is that it is properly partitioned, and if you have doubts on this use HP Bootdisk Tool on a PC and format full not wuickt once, then plugin to your Box and install BA kit. If you have troubles post the output of BA installation, as docmentation advices.

Everything else is simply a waste of time. And yes first boot will be slower (depebding on stick) because 256MB swapfile is created - which can be disabled later in BA Options if you don't want it.

And the only Dreambox images you can boot with BA are the ones without tpm check - which means PLi based - but this is a waste of time as you could get PLi images for VU directly.

The other way around almost all VU/ET/CT images work to extract and boot on Dreamboxes :-D

sat gr

BH Lover
@sat gr try this thats hove i don it pls make shure you have deleted barry allen be for u start

after this step my box mount automatic after reboot my hdd us media/hdd

i was run format for hdd and usb from blacc hole tools

Please read the doumentation. It doen't write that you should mount BA anywhere or at all. The ONLY prerequisite is that it is properly partitioned, and if you have doubts on this use HP Bootdisk Tool on a PC and format full not wuickt once, then plugin to your Box and install BA kit. If you have troubles post the output of BA installation, as docmentation advices.

Everything else is simply a waste of time. And yes first boot will be slower (depebding on stick) because 256MB swapfile is created - which can be disabled later in BA Options if you don't want it.

And the only Dreambox images you can boot with BA are the ones without tpm check - which means PLi based - but this is a waste of time as you could get PLi images for VU directly.

The other way around almost all VU/ET/CT images work to extract and boot on Dreamboxes :-D

later i will try also with HP Bootdisk Tool and eParted tool and i will tell you
thanks for your time my friends

the_doc

Vu+ Newbie
@gutemine Vielen dank für deine Unterstützung, habe unter die letzte BH 2.0.3 auf der VU+Solo² Installiert und Funz Perfekt, allerdings musste ich der USB Stick über ein USB Hub mit Strom anschließen weil ohne dem hat der VU der USB Stick nicht erkannt, ist aber nicht weiter schlimm, Vielleicht ist der Stick zu Groß 32 GB hatte aber keine andere zum Testen. Hauptsache, BA Funz TOP!!

sat gr

BH Lover
Format ur usb using bh image usb format toll whene finish reboot stb.
Mount ur usb media/usb reboot stb.
Send barry allen ipk. file to tmp.
Then give this command on telnet "opkg install /tmp/*.ipk"
After finish reboot ur stb.
Then u will see barry allen on boot

levi you're the best !!!!
i reflash my box from the beginning , i disable meoboot from setup wizard
after i follow your guide step by step and i have barryallen in my Ultimo after reboot !!!!

i thing something going wrong when i was try uninstall meoboot and install barryallen

thanks to all friends was help me

levi

levi you're the best !!!!
i reflash my box from the beginning , i disable meoboot from setup wizard
after i follow your guide step by step and i have barryallen in my Ultimo after reboot !!!!

i thing something going wrong when i was try uninstall meoboot and install barryallen

thanks to all friends was help me
No probs sat gr happy to help :)

Wendy

Vu+ User
Using either Meoboot or BA on a USB Stick works perfectly....no issue there.
Using Meoboot on a partitioned external HDD (where many other files already exist on partitions other than /media/usb partition) Meoboot also works.
But when I try to install BA on the same external HDD (because of the other existent files on other partitions) BA will not install.
So if I choose to install BA on the external HDD instead of a USB Stick, I have to first format the whole HDD and lose many files.
Is there any other way I can install BA on the partitioned external HDD without having to first format the whole HDD?

biskra

Vu+ Newbie
Using Meoboot on a partitioned external HDD (where many other files already exist on partitions other than /media/usb partition) Meoboot also works.
But when I try to install BA on the same external HDD (because of the other existent files on other partitions) BA will not install.
So if I choose to install BA on the external HDD instead of a USB Stick, I have to first format the whole HDD and lose many files.
Is there any other way I can install BA on the partitioned external HDD without having to first format the whole HDD?
i think you can copy all fils from external HDD to your pc then you install BA after that you can restore theme

Wendy

Vu+ User
i think you can copy all fils from external HDD to your pc then you install BA after that you can restore theme

Thanks for your reply.
But I would prefer not to do that because I have hundreds of files stored on HDD (mp3s, jpg, mpg etc etc).

gutemine

Vu+ User
There is no official way to achive this, and it doesn't make sense to confuse you with inofficial ways :)

BA is not designed for Harddisk booting, if you want this you can use Flodder, but this is not a Multiboot tool (but would be easy to extend, as you can have as many Flodder directories as you want)