best image solo 4k

siri_uk

Vu+ Newbie
Hi guys,

Just got myself a solo 4k, finding it an excellent machine, I've put openatv 6 on it, seems to be running stable enough, just wondered what thoughts people have regarding other images as I like to tinker. What do people consider the best image for this receiver.

TIA

AlexWilMac

Hi guys,

Just got myself a solo 4k, finding it an excellent machine, I've put openatv 6 on it, seems to be running stable enough, just wondered what thoughts people have regarding other images as I like to tinker. What do people consider the best image for this receiver.

TIA

Well, if we are here, it automatically means we consider BH and OBH the best ones ;)
But "best" is not an objective concept: what is best for me is not for someone else.
Anyway, my experience is that, when OBH did not exist or while it was a very beta project, I had tried several images but I found myself comfortable with BH.
Now, OBH is no longer a beta (although is been developed everyday) and I switched to it (having BH still in multiboot).
But this does not mean that I consider OBH the "best": I like 90% of its features (that is its usability, the simple way to perform actions) although there is still something I'd like for it to be as in BH. So, as you see, it's difficult even for me after some years to decide.
So, give them a try (that does not mean a couple of hours! an operative system must be tried for several days, at least) and then decide.