BH 2.0.6 - Vu+ Duo - Motor HH90 - PROBLEM

Matrix10

Administrator
I think that something is wrong
with HW

The only possibility is that you test the motor near the box with new cable and connectors on cable
because if the same happens with two boxes and you're sure that at least one is OK.

There are other possibilities with measuring instruments
but I do not know if you can do it.

Otherwise, I've had one broken HH120
which I fixed .
Still works.
Inside there is one IC for DiSEqC commands.
But what breaks the first is motor rotor
and at the end the motor drive IC .

Miki Maus

Vu+ Newbie
I'll try unmount the antenna and motor and try the way you're suggesting. But this definitely makes me crazy! I tried almost everything!!

bertie40

Vu+ Newbie
....... C
Found the true south (closest satellite is 7°E), or at least I believe I did. But now, motor HH90 is not moving. No matter what I do, it's just not moving. I've tried EVERYTHING. I even bought a Satlink 6908 satfinder...
I have no ideas.

Any help is more than welcome!
Thanks in advance...

Possible slight diversion, but I always thought that the motor centre point should be Thor at 0.8W, not 7 East. Then run the setup from there.

Miki Maus

Vu+ Newbie
If you live in London than 0.8W Thor is the True South for you.
For my location (7.5° E) the closest satellite to my True South is 7° E.
Is that correct?

Miki Maus

Vu+ Newbie
Exactly.
Besides, I tried all the possibilities (0.8w as true south, 7e as true south, and other positions too) but still I can't figure out why the motor is not moving from vu+. Everything was perfect at the first location and now it simply isn't...

Matrix10

Administrator
If you know to measure
you can measure the cable and connector for breaks or short with ordinary measuring instrument
measure the resistance.
if you put on one cable end the short one end you can check for breaks.
You can unplug the LNB and see if the motor moving.
e.t.c

mil2004

Vu+ Newbie
chance image and will fix your problem.my motor was moving also even on stanby.did read a lot for motor hh90.before insatall new image remove cable from the back ( even now for 20 sec. to try with curent image ) that is how you reset motor.
i am using usals no problem now.u will be fine

Miki Maus

Vu+ Newbie
Changed the image (put openvix inside) without the sat-cable connected. Doesn't work. It moves the antenna for 1° and then sends it back. Why???

el bandido

Vu+ User
Dunno. Good question...

It may help if you post your settings file which should be in: /etc/enigma2. The settings file will show how things are configured in the receiver and somebody may be able to see a problem or issue if you post that file.
Your network ip is also in the settings file, so erase that from your receiver and reboot the box before you copy the settings file if you do not want your network ip to be seen by others.

el bandido

Vu+ User
Also, Facebook login information and other plugin information may be contained in the settings file. It would be a good idea to open the settings file and look it over before you post it if you have any plugins installed that contain passwords or user id's.

Miki Maus

Vu+ Newbie
The latest update...

I've unmounted the antenna and the motor.
Connected the motor alone to the receiver with a thicker (6 mm) cable that I previously used (at the Place 1), and guess what? The motor moves with USALS!
It seems that everything was up to the cable and the THICKNESS of the cable.
How's that possible?

fairsats

Vu+ User
The latest update...

I've unmounted the antenna and the motor.
Connected the motor alone to the receiver with a thicker (6 mm) cable that I previously used (at the Place 1), and guess what? The motor moves with USALS!
It seems that everything was up to the cable and the THICKNESS of the cable.
How's that possible?

I checked the cable. Not the cables.
It must be Vu+ Duo then...
Miki Maus, Tuesday at 11:51 PM

Depends on quality of coaxial cable and length of run (Votage Drop over length)

Cut your new cable to your required length but before you permanently fix do the same test with your new cable at the side of your receiver.

Miki Maus

Vu+ Newbie
I did check the cables. I have one cable coming from the motor to the window - then, the short cable under the window - and then the second cable to the receiver.
I tried the bring closer the received to connect it to the first cable (to avoid window+2nd cable, because often the window cable can cause the problem...) and that didn't work. I was thinking all the time it was receiver, since I can make motor move from the Positioner Setup but nor with USALS command. It seems somehow that the USALS use lower voltage to move the motor...

fairsats

Vu+ User
I did check the cables. I have one cable coming from the motor to the window - then, the short cable under the window - and then the second cable to the receiver.
I tried the bring closer the received to connect it to the first cable (to avoid window+2nd cable, because often the window cable can cause the problem...) and that didn't work. I was thinking all the time it was receiver, since I can make motor move from the Positioner Setup but nor with USALS command. It seems somehow that the USALS use lower voltage to move the motor...

What is the distance between receiver and permanent motor connection?

and by the way the coaxial inner conductor size does not usually vary what makes the o/d cable size larger is due to higher quality braiding /sheathing

Miki Maus

Vu+ Newbie
Around 13-14 m.
How come then the motor moves when I bring it closer to the receiver (cable is 2m) and using thicker coax cable??

Helvetica

Vu+ Newbie
My son-in-law (also in Switzerland) has a VU+Duo and just bought a new 1.20m dish ans a Stab motor. We have been trying to get the USALS function to work all day. When we set the Motor setup to Simple, entered his location, set the closest satellite to 7E. According to the USALS instruction sheet which came with the motor we should have been able to just press OK and it should have beeped and go and find the satellites. It did nothing. And we could not move the dish manually either. (On the Tuner setup page it showed Tuner A ... blabla USALS, (Tuner B is not connected to the LNB and it says something about it being linked to Tuner A) but that was all. We could not find any menu where we could say, "ok, off you go, find the satellites".
Now, my own 35v non-Diseq, non-USALS system uses a Satjack positioner and a large, very strong motor, so remembering how that is set, and after trying to get his USALS going, we set his positioner using the "Advanced" menu, right clicking on "LNB", setting Diseq to 1.2 and "Use USALS" to "yes". We were then able to move the dish manually, found 19.2E, stored that and tomorrow we will try to find 16, 13 then 28.2 and set them. USALS is apparently working, because after going East for a couple of seconds, when I set 19.2E, the dish did move back to the 19.2E position.
It's apparently important to remember that, if you use a Diseq 1.2 and set your system to Diseq 1.2 you need to swivel the LNB through the difference in angle of your location and the closest satellite to South for you. So if you LIVE at 14.2° East and the closest satellite to due south is 7.2° E then you would need to skew the LNB at (14.2-7.2 = ) 7°, as compensation.
We will continue trying to get it sorted out tomorrow if it stays dry.....