BH and satellites

zemanbe

Vu+ Newbie
Hi everybody

I would like to flash my vu+ solo with the new BH image but would like to know if all the satellites are already in or I should add them manually. I've got a system with Hotbird and Thor, had to replace my old BH image with another one because I could not find Thor.

If I install the newest BH image will I be able to select Thor + Hotbird? How should I do?

Thanks!

Tore

Vu+ Newbie
use dreambox edit before you do aniting whit you box and export from setopbox to a folder to you pc and import after new image is up and runing the stored bacup sat file back to satbox and you hav the satt.

Mick12334

It depends on your set up.
Do you have a motorized dish or 2 separate dish/LNB's for Thor, 0.8W, and Hotbird, 13E?
Which VU+ receiver do you have? Is it one with dual tuners or a single tuner model?
If using a 2 dish/LNB, on a single tuner, with a Diseqc switch, setup then you just need to select the tuner, and the Diseqc 1.1 option, if you already have everything set up, and have used the backup option, you can load this onto your BlachHole 2.1.3 during installation.
What image/version are you currently running?
Are you certain your VU+ is genuine?

zemanbe

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks Mick. I've got a single dish with DiseQ A/B/C/D but only 2 LNBs (for the time being), on Hotbird and Thor. My receiver is a Vu+ Solo, authentic. When installing it yesterday the guy did not manage to find Thor in the satellite list (there was only Hotbird bcs previously I had only a single LNB system with Hotbird. To solve this problem the guy flashed my Vu+ Solo with a VTI image he had with him and we managed to solve the issue. But am a long-time user of the BH image and would happily go back to that asap. But I do not want to experience the same problem again (and I dont have the VTI image anymore...)

Should I just do a backup and load it onto the BH image after installing it?

Mick12334

The VU+ Solo is a Linux based receiver and as such has a satellites.xml list, which contains most, if not all, current available satellites, all you should need to do is setup the tuner configuration, for Thor, 0.8W and Hotbird, 13E, using the Diseqc 1.1 option.
Have you got your favourites, bouquets, set up, and all available channels scanned in?
You can use sites like lyngsat.com, kingofsat.net, and others, to find what channels are broadcast from these 2 satellites.

zemanbe

Vu+ Newbie
You mean that I should flash my Vu+ Solo with BH, set up the diseq 1.1 option and then both Hotbird and Thor should be available? I can do that, but then why wasn't Thor available when I tried to do so yesterday?

Mick12334

You need to configure it, in the tuner menu.
The easiest way is to select Tuner A, select Simple, scroll down to mode and use the left/right arrows to select Diseqc A/B/C/D. You can then find out which port, on your Diseqc switch, is attached to Thor, 0.8W, by selecting each in turn and trying to manually scan in a single transponder, from Thor, 0.8W.
If Thor. 0.8W still will not work you might have to check your wiring, and Disecq switch, to see if everything is working, changing your image, or software, will not fix a hardware fault.

zemanbe

Vu+ Newbie
Mick, thx a lot but with the VTI image both satellites are working perfectly, so there's no hardware issue whatsoever