Internal SATA Bh & Hdd larger than 2TB

AlexWilMac

1)
These days I bought a 3Tb and, at moment, in order to copy everything from the internal HDD, I connected it through the external sata port to a docking station.
I hadn't read about the supposed limits for HDD larger than 2Tb and I formatted it by the BH (3.0.1F). I see it correctly formatted as 3Tb and so I was surprised to read this thread. Maybe the BH 3.x.x solved this issue?
2)
I got into this thread, actually, because I'm experiencing a very low transfer rate copyng by the ext-sata port to this new HDD. It's not normal having about 2Mb/s. How come? Probably the USB2 could be more performing (I'm goint to test this because the docking station has got also the usb2 port and it'll be easy to test the same HDD with these two different connections.

AlexWilMac

1)
These days I bought a 3Tb and, at moment, in order to copy everything from the internal HDD, I connected it through the external sata port to a docking station.
I hadn't read about the supposed limits for HDD larger than 2Tb and I formatted it by the BH (3.0.1F). I see it correctly formatted as 3Tb and so I was surprised to read this thread. Maybe the BH 3.x.x solved this issue?
2)
I got into this thread, actually, because I'm experiencing a very low transfer rate copyng by the ext-sata port to this new HDD. It's not normal having about 2Mb/s. How come? Probably the USB2 could be more performing (I'm goint to test this because the docking station has got also the usb2 port and it'll be easy to test the same HDD with these two different connections.

I confirm: USB2 connection is incredibly much, much faster than ext-sata! The same file needed of only 730 Mb needed about 20 minutes to be copied via ext-sata and only 3 minutes by USB.
This is very disappointing. What could be the reason?

mrhamed

Vu+ Newbie
How I can mount 5TB external HDD with reboot or shutdown stability? them mediaPlayer2 plugin does not show my external hdd content :( please help me! thank you...