BH locks up when stepping up and down in menues

Blarren

Vu+ Newbie
If I go into the menu and use arrow up and down to step between submenues and continues to do this a longer time, like 30-60 seconds, it hangs BH and the cursor jumps by itself between two rows in the menu. After 2 sec it goes up one step, 2 seconds later it goes down one step, and so on. The BH are totally dead for input and there's nothing that can be done to come out of this error except hardware power off with the on/off switch on the back of the Solo4k.

Blarren

Vu+ Newbie
I looked thru that thread and my personal concluson are that the television set receives the IR signal and transmits it thru the HDMI cable to the VU+ receiver
and though the BH setting is set to ignore remote control signals from television it still leaks through when stressing the menu selection and gets in a loop
only partly handling the foreign remote code as it is not supposed to handle it at all, stepping up from tv IR command but the Vu+ IR command was stepping down
and the remote command buffer never clears. I have this problem with both old and new BH image and never saw it with other images.

It is clearly a Black Hole bug that do not completly ignore television remote control signals when menu are used for more than 10-15 continuos steps.
If the problem is solved by changing HDMI cable it might be that the new cable (a cheap chinese one) lacks the proper return channel capability.

I will try and block the IR eye on my Philips tv set and see if that helps.