BH Non Translatable Strings

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Request to all Official Translators, Beta Testers, and at all who wants to help.

As we progress with development of BH images, you can find sometimes some messages/comments in new image, which are not translatable in your *.po files.

So we gently ask you to report these strings.
The best format could be an xx_date.txt zipped file, where xx is code of your language, date when strings were collected (for example hr_20130515 for croatian verified 15/05/2013).
Contents of file should be like this:
"Exact phrase non translatable", Name/Description of panel/window of its location, it's position.

Example:
"Path for saving EPG", BH EPG Settings, in middle at left of the screen; your comments

Use, please, for testing default BH skin and report only BH strings, not strings of plugins!

Note: Beta Testers and others: please, contact at first your official translator. If he doesn't exist, write here.

Thank you.

PS: This message could be often modified by admins for their needs.

niglou

BH Lover
I think you are a little bit confused as there are 2 kinds of problems :

1- Missings strings in "official" .po file
2- Non translatable strings within the image (coding mistakes)

For Missing strings in .po file (the one you are describing into the first post), you have 2 solutions:
Either you do what I have done : Explore every .xml file and extract every strings begining with text= , and every python file and extract every strings begining with _(
Either you are lazy but wise and you take my french enigma.po, you compare with your own .po file, and you copy/paste the missing strings into your file, and of course replace the french translation by your language.

To compare properly the 2 .po files, you must first alphabetically sort out your .po file (the one I posted in last french translation topic is already alphabetically sorted out)

First: open your po file with POEdit, and save it : you will get a enigma2.mo file

To alphabetically sort your file, assuming you are using Windows, and you did install POEdit in program files:

Create a folder on the root of your disk called mo
Paste into it your enigma2.mo file
open Command Prompt and type :
cd \Program Files\Poedit\bin
Press enter key, then type :
msgunfmt \mo\enigma2.mo > \mo\enigma2.po
Then your po file will be alphabetically sorted out and you can compare with mine.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
I'm not lazy, I already collected some missing strings and corrected mistypes in my cs.po and sk.po, but I don't want to release again "intermediate" version. The request was done to help to all BH team, not only for me ;). I'll check your fr.po for missing strings. Thanks.

Matrix10

Administrator
I just hope a coder will accept one day to spend 10 minutes to correct that...

First of all it is not 10 minuts work my friend .But much more.
For now, I think you need to code compared to the default skin.
But I'm not 100% satisfied with it.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
@niglou: Only one question. Did you found missing strings yourself or they are from other not BH image?

Until now I found new strings with "STB" and "dreambox" inside which can make your fr.po not compilable.

niglou

BH Lover
@ paolino
Yes I found the strings as explained above. Words STB and dreambox are mainly used in wizard when you flash a new image (see different xml files in /usr/share/enigma2/). In my translation, I replaced these words by Vu+.

@matrix10
I do not think the correction of the few unstranslatable strings listed in my links above will take more than 10 minutes (I do not speak about the problem related to the famous widget "Title"). For my personal use I have already patched the ones I was able to do (when the py is provided).

paolino

Vu+ User+++
@ paolino
Yes I found the strings as explained above. Words STB and dreambox are mainly used in wizard when you flash a new image (see different xml files in /usr/share/enigma2/). In my translation, I replaced these words by Vu+.

@matrix10
I do not think the correction of the few unstranslatable strings listed in my links above will take more than 10 minutes (I do not speak about the problem related to the famous widget "Title"). For my personal use I have already patched the ones I was able to do (when the py is provided).

Thanks. I'm extracting them to be able to add them to other *.po files.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
@all Translators: Please post in your sections your last version of translations (*.po file), it doesn't matter if it's not finished or in testing. Or confirm validity of your last translation.
We did an collection of non translable strings (thanks a lot to niglou for his fr.po). We add new strings to your translations and post it back to you after some testings done.

Thanks a lot @all! :thanks:.

niglou

BH Lover
For Paolino and those who made their translation from the french .po file of image BH 2.0.3 , here are the new strings from BH 2.0.4

As I do not have a vu duo2, the strings related to plugin LCD4Linux are not included. If someone can post the whole content of that plugin, I will extract and give the strings for translation.

Attachments

• New Strings BH 204.zip
    410 bytes · Views: 20

paolino

Vu+ User+++
For Paolino and those who made their translation from the french .po file of image BH 2.0.3 , here are the new strings from BH 2.0.4

As I do not have a vu duo2, the strings related to plugin LCD4Linux are not included. If someone can post the whole content of that plugin, I will extract and give the strings for translation.

Thanks ;).

niglou

BH Lover
Here are the new strings from BH 205 and one for network wizard.

Attachments

• new strings BH205.txt
    323 bytes · Views: 17

niglou

BH Lover
Here are the new strings from BH 2.0.6

PS : The plugin My Tube has a wrong coding and is no more translatable. (I did already post it in vuuno section but do not know if any coder did notice it)

To make it working properly again, delete the first line in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extension/My Tube/plugin.py
the line to delete is " from . import _"
Save and Restart GUI after deleting and all will work properly again.

Attachments

• New strings BH 206.zip
    559 bytes · Views: 8

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Here are the new strings from BH 2.0.6

PS : The plugin My Tube has a wrong coding and is no more translatable. (I did already post it in vuuno section but do not know if any coder did notice it)

To make it working properly again, delete the first line in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extension/My Tube/plugin.py
the line to delete is " from . import _"
Save and Restart GUI after deleting and all will work properly again.

Thanks for all translators :thanks: