BH official French Translation

niglou

BH Lover
@Tamaki

Here is very latest French for BH 2.0.6 updated with few new strings I missed in previous post. You can give to coder.

Attachments

• French BH206 25-09-2013.zip
    215.1 KB · Views: 2

Tamaki

Administrator
@Tamaki

Here is very latest French for BH 2.0.6 updated with few new strings I missed in previous post. You can give to coder.
There is a problem with this last file.
Img does not compilw with this last file.
You should check if there is any syntax error.

Tamaki

Administrator
The problem could be:
Or there are two identical strings or two strings similar with word STB or Dreambox.
Be careful:
NEVER PUT STRINGS WITH THE WORDS STB OR DREAMBOX

niglou

BH Lover
The problem could be:
Or there are two identical strings or two strings similar with word STB or Dreambox.
Be careful:
NEVER PUT STRINGS WITH THE WORDS STB OR DREAMBOX

OK Tamaki, I will post a new file without the word DREAMBOX.

If we want the string from network wizard to be translated, the coder must change the file networkwizard.xml (located at /usr/lib/enigma2/plugins/SystemPlugins/Networkwizard/

Because here it is what it contains :

self.condition = (self.InterfaceState == True )
</condition>
<text value="Your Dreambox is now ready to use.\n\nYour internet connection is working now.\n\nPlease press OK to continue." />
<displaytext value="Please follow the instructions on the TV" />
<code>

niglou

BH Lover
@Tamaki

Here is the modified file for BH 2.0.6
I did remove a similar string than the one above containing STB instead of Dreambox . I did not change the word dreambox because it is already 24 times present in the file working with BH 2.0.5

So, please, let me know if this file can be compiled.

Attachments

• French BH 206 07-10-2013.zip
    213.8 KB · Views: 4

Tamaki

Administrator
@Tamaki

Here is the modified file for BH 2.0.6
I did remove a similar string than the one above containing STB instead of Dreambox . I did not change the word dreambox because it is already 24 times present in the file working with BH 2.0.5

So, please, let me know if this file can be compiled.
The problems you find weren't present in the version that worked?

niglou

BH Lover
@Tamaki

The string about network wizard was not properly translated before, certainly because somewhere the word "Dreambox" or "STB" is automaticaly changed into "setopbox".
At the begining I was working "blind", adding to to .po file what was displayed on the screen. But for this case it does not work because the original string contains the word Dreambox and not setopbox as it appears on the screen.
Now I do not work anymore blindly, but I explore both python and xml files to extract the strings.

If you can ask the coder where is the file which convert Dreambox or STB in setopbox (or what is written inside) then we could avoid mistakes in the future. This "converter" is probably present only into the compilation tool, because if you put the enigma2.mo into the vuplus it works without any problem.

niglou

BH Lover
@Tamaki

I see that the new French from post #66 has not been included with latest BH 2.0.7. Why ?
Is is because there is still a compilation problem, or the file has just been forgotten ?

niglou

BH Lover
@Tamaki

Here is latest French translation with new strings found in BH 2.0.7

You can give to coder

IMPORTANT: Do you know a coder I could contact to at last correct boring bugs in image regarding translation ?

Attachments

• French BH 207 30-11-2013.zip
    214.2 KB · Views: 1

Tamaki

Administrator
@Tamaki

Here is latest French translation with new strings found in BH 2.0.7

You can give to coder

IMPORTANT: Do you know a coder I could contact to at last correct boring bugs in image regarding translation ?
Given to coder.

You can tell me about translation problem, i'll tell coder.

niglou

BH Lover
@Tamaki

Here is the file corrected and upgraded for problems and solutions regarding not translatable strings in BH image.

Please give it to coder.

Attachments

• Translation Bugs and solutions.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 8

niglou

BH Lover
@Tamaki

Here is latest updated French translation file for BH 2.0.7-3 ; and also updated list of problems and solutions for non translatable strings.

You can give them both to coder.

Attachments

• French BH207-3_07-12-2013.zip
    216.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Translation Bugs and solutions-update_07-12-2013.txt
    4.5 KB · Views: 6

niglou

BH Lover
@Tamaki

Could you please enquire why nothing has been done regarding the non translatable strings for which I gave the list and proposed working solutions in post #75 ?

In other words, is it worth we continue to update translation files if nobody can use them because of wrong coding in some python files ?

roddiss

BH Lover
I cant understand why you are not taken seriously.... I have also worked a lot of hours with translation, to find that a lot of strings still are in english.

Shiro

BH-C
It is unuseful that you send reports about plugins because are external to Bh image.
The bh coder will never change plugins code because is not part of image.
The plugins code is grabbed at build time from the various plugins git: Vu+ for general plugins, github for OpenWebIf or CrossEPG.
So for example if you want to contribute to OpenWebIf translation you have to join the work @ github.
About the bh image the coder will take care of the missing translation strings in the folder Blackhole when he will find time in his priority list.