Big PiP issue only with the last OBH updates

Does not work on Vu+Uno4Kse but could it be the quadpip that does something with latest OBH? In 4.1 there is no quadpip but in 4.2 quadpip is intoduced. and if you look at screensize its the same as quadpip screens
Maybe drivers for bigpip and quadpip are the same in some Vu+ STB?

And if its working with Ultimo4k there should be some answers there if we compare drivers and plugin

AlexWilMac

About this old post but a current (important) issue: as we arrived at 4.3.009, and as it seems a video driver problem, may some coders report this bug that affects for sure Solo4K and, probably, as far as @Thomas67 said (can you try again, Thomas, please?) Uno4KSE, but not Ultimo4K and Duo2 (just to tell about the confirmed models)?
As I said in the 1st post, Big PiP feature is the only way to use audio from a channel and video from another one, as the old plugin audiopip does not work any longer.
We rely on you, coders! ;)

The Uno4Kse just put the 720x576p pip up in the left quarner btu i also checked the code for this in my OBH image
and max size is set to:

MAX_X = 720
MAX_Y = 576

And in the code the Big PIP is for the external HDMI in port so thats why it want work with at least those Vu+ stb with hdmi inport also.
The first choice in the extension box (long blue button) is Turn HDMI Fullscreen or PIP mode

Maybe this should have been done with only those boxes that have HDMI in and all the others should have the PictureInPicture Screen where this function is not avalible?

I am used to crash my box so i will try and change the code and see if its a driver issue or just a lazy code issue ;)

AlexWilMac

If this is the origin of this issue, the HDMI management, it surely should be reported to the origin, whatever it is, either vuplus itself or OpenViX coders. Because, this might seem a minor issue, but in my opinion it's not because, it often happens to have events you want to listen from a channel and view from another one.

And this is not just because of encryption! For instance, I like ski, and it is broadcast by our RaiSport+HD, but the quality of this channel is not at the same level of Swiss ones, where they have a much higher bitrate.
So, I could (before OBH 4.1.030, as I explained) and I still can do in my dad's Duo2, watch these events from RSI La2 and listen from RaiSport+HD. Or similar examples.