Black Hole 3.0.2. F,G,H,I picture goes off when changing channels

Tibii

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

I am experiencing the following issue when switching channels with the following
Black Hole images F,G,H,I on Solo 4K:
  • No picture, only sound when changing to a particular channel.
  • Menus, EPG, etc. appear on the screen only the channel’s picture is missing.
  • I have not found any link/logic among channels when it happens, seem to be a random issue.
  • Sometimes moving onto another channel and then switching back to a channel solves the problem. Also turning Solo 4K in standby and turning it on again brings the channel’s picture back.
  • Further, turning the TV off and on again brings the channel’s picture back.
Sat: Vu+ Solo 4K

TV: Samsung UE48JS8500 SUHD, but I have tried on other Samsung TVs at home and have experienced the same issue.

Sat Provider: UPC Direct

Solo 4K A/V setting: tried 720p, 1080p, 1080i, 2160p with combinations of 50, 60 Hz + multi Hz; same happens

Auto resolution: tried to turn on/off, same issue.

FCC: tried with FCC on / off, same issue.

The same issue does not happen with images prior to F (e.g.: E).

Tibor

newgolfer

Vu+ User+++
UPC Direct is a television provider that transmits encrypted channels.
What "system" do you use to see these programs (i hope CI whit regular card because your problem comes from other "systems").
Before answering re-read the forum rules.

Tibii

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Let me clarify the issue.

1) I have approx. 100 channels provided by UPC Direct through my subscription (I use my own dish and Solo 4K, no UPC Direct equipment is used).

2) I have a Technisat TechniCrypt modul inserted in my Solo 4K's CI interface in which I use UPC Direct's FreeSat card (with my subscription data) to decrypt channels.

3) When I start changing channels (among the 100) on my Solo 4K sometimes the picture is off, I only hear the sound of the channel.
Symptoms in practice:
-I switch to any channel: picture, sound: might ok, might only sound.
-I switch to any next channel: picture, sound might ok, might only sound.
-I switch back to previous channel: picture might ok, might only sound.

4) It seems there is no logic when there is no picture on a particular channel, when I switch. Once a channel works fine, other times no. It seems to be a random issue.

5) If I turn the TV off and on again then the picture of the channel comes back (without touching anything on Solo 4K).It is true for Solo 4K as well, if I turn Solo 4K off and on again the picture comes back on the channel.
Then everything starts again when I switch to any channel.

6) I connected the Solo 4K to other TVs as well (to test this issue) the same happens.

6) If I downgrade Solo 4K's firmware to Blackhole 3.0.2.E (or lower) this issue does not happen, everything works fine.

7) I use HDMI 2.0 cable with 18.2 Gpbs bandwith, however I tried it with 1.4 cables as well, the issue is the same.

Any thoughts on what could cause this or what I shall try?

Thanks

Tibii

AlexWilMac

OK, so it seems similar to my case for Tivusat channels regularly decrypted by my cam and card. It's the same even for me: with previous versions of BH I had less or not problems at all. Now, there is this issue and another already posted elsewhere about trying to use DVB-T channels after having use the Tivusat ones.
I kind of solve just zapping to another Tivusat channel and then back or you can try also to go to Common Interface menu and choose Init (not Reset!).

Tibii

Vu+ Newbie
I tried the CI Init, it brings the picture back, when I select the menu, but then start everything again.

AlexWilMac

I sympathize with you... I suspect that if and when it will be solved (again) the problem with Tivusat->DVB-T, it'll be solved also yours ;)

Paolo46

Vu+ Newbie
Health to all, even to me happens after this update to (I) happens to me on the TV channel RAI Sat 1 HD to have a black screen and the sound it is normal, switching to the next channel and returning to the previous you get normal vision
I can think of some shortcoming of the channel
in decoding on TV Sat but on previous versions it was all correct
Another attention must be done in the period, as we have at our disposal a new Relise the install, but it is possible that the provaider've changed something on the channel

Health in all Paul

gnulid

Vu+ Newbie
Hey Guys,

Same happens here. VU+ Solo4K, BH 3.0.2I (haven't upgraded yet), official subscription to FreeSat, Irdeto CI+ module. Guess, same as Tibi's :)

Have came to same conclusion: Zap and/or reinit CI+

BR

Pali

Mike999

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Guys,
I've got the same problem. I used VTI image before and after a couple of firmware upgrades I experienced the same issue you described above so I decided to switch to BH image and the situation is identical. I'm affraid that the problem is not with the image itself but with the vu+ firmware update. I use Skylink subscription and made almost all above mentioned tests (tv, resolution, freq., HDMI cable change..). I haven't tested BH 3.0.2 E+ image so far because I work abroad and I'm currently out of home but I think I can expect same results.

Hope for promt upgrade! ;)

Mike

AlexWilMac

Even if this section is about BH, let me tell you that OBH has never showed to have this issue, in case you want to try it.

AlexWilMac

Well, I'm a great fan of BH, too. And OBH has still got some issues, particularly when it plays video files (not the ones recorded by VU+). But it's beginning to be more stable and it doesn't have the same bug with zapping from Tivusat to DVB-T channels. So, I decided to get back to OBH after some weeks.
Actually, at the moment, there is no perfect choice: each of them has pros and cons.

Tibii

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Everyone!

There is one solution that works for me: Downgrade the firmware to 3.0.2.E and then everything works fine.
That is what I did because I has just become so annoying.

Tibii

Tibii

Vu+ Newbie
How do you install a plugin? (Menu > Plugins?). Mine remains at 3.0.2.E when installing new plugins.

AlexWilMac

It depends: there are two ways of installing them: by IPK packages or by GUI. I've tried many times to restart from scratch or from old backups but then I cannot add nothing to my image.
Actually, I don't remember exactly if the issue occurs only installing .ipk or from GUI's menus or from both. But maybe you'll find out. Let us know.

Mike999

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Guys,
I've already installed OBH 0.6 image and have no missing picture problems so far.. But I'm experiencing another one. I'm not able to start Hbbtv. I had the same issue even with latest BH 3.0.2, but I didn't try to solve it there because of bigger trouble with missing picture. Do you use any other plugin to use it in BH, or the standard Hbbtv which is a part of image works in your case?
Thanks for advise!