Black Hole 3.0.2.H Kodi Vu+ Solo2

zedster4

Vu+ Newbie
Apologies for posting a problem here, and its my first post, but I thought it might be the best place considering the issue Im having.

I've just brought a new solo2 and have it connected up. The problem I have is as soon as I launch kodi the TV screen goes blank and the box hangs and I have to power off from the switch to get life back. Somebody on another forum suggested reloading the image, which I've done but still the box hangs. I loaded images all the back to 3.0.2 and have now put 3.0.2H back on, I've even updated to "I" variant. The question I have is should kodi run straight away from the launch app, after a reinstall, or do I need to do something else first. Sorry but this is all new to me and I've read so much but still cant find a solution. As a note, the box has a 1TB hard drive fitted by the supplier.

Any help would be appreciated.

nunigaia

Apologies for posting a problem here, and its my first post, but I thought it might be the best place considering the issue Im having.

I've just brought a new solo2 and have it connected up. The problem I have is as soon as I launch kodi the TV screen goes blank and the box hangs and I have to power off from the switch to get life back. Somebody on another forum suggested reloading the image, which I've done but still the box hangs. I loaded images all the back to 3.0.2 and have now put 3.0.2H back on, I've even updated to "I" variant. The question I have is should kodi run straight away from the launch app, after a reinstall, or do I need to do something else first. Sorry but this is all new to me and I've read so much but still cant find a solution. As a note, the box has a 1TB hard drive fitted by the supplier.

Any help would be appreciated.

You have to see if your HDD is well mounted as /media/hdd ... because on the first kodi launch it will look and will create on the root of your /media/hdd device an hidden folder named ".kodi"

--> as it is /media/hdd/.kodi

Check for mounted devices:

<MENU>; <Black Hole Apps>; <Devices Manager>;

best regards
nunigaia

zedster4

Vu+ Newbie
You have to see if your HDD is well mounted as /media/hdd ... because on the first kodi launch it will look and will create on the root of your /media/hdd device an hidden folder named ".kodi"

--> as it is /media/hdd/.kodi

Check for mounted devices:

<MENU>; <Black Hole Apps>; <Devices Manager>;

best regards
nunigaia

Hi, nunigala,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have checked, with filezilla, and can see the .kodi folder in /media/hdd so I assume the drive is mounted correctly. I had to force filezilla to show hidden folders.

The fact that I have the video coming from the scart output wouldn't have anything to do with it would it?

Regards

Zedster

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    65.1 KB · Views: 51

zedster4

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, guys,

I manned to find out what the issue is. The problem is I'm using the scart output, as I need to use a video sender to the TV in my bedroom. When launching Kodi it routes the video signal to the HMDI socket only :( Now, does anybody know if there is a way around this so that Kodi is forced out via the scart socket?

nunigaia

Hi, guys,

I manned to find out what the issue is. The problem is I'm using the scart output, as I need to use a video sender to the TV in my bedroom. When launching Kodi it routes the video signal to the HMDI socket only :( Now, does anybody know if there is a way around this so that Kodi is forced out via the scart socket?

No. That´s not possible, athough at least for me on my DUO2, i can't see kodi screens, but i can watch contents via scart when using kodi.

best regards
nunigaia

zedster4

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks, nunigaia,

At least I found out what the problem was, it was bugging me. I have to use the scart output unless I purchase a new video sender, which are quiet expensive with HMDI input, or route a sat cable feed to my bedroom and move my Vu. This would then mean I would have to wi-fi the receiver to my router. Or dont use Kodi! lol Decisions decisions :)

My gut feeling is move the Vu upstairs as the video sender is not the best for picture quality.

Thanks again for your help anyway :)

zeev

Vu+ Newbie
Hi! Well the module CI + minute of display and reset and so around doesn't work. Maybe share a secret that the module worked.
I thank

mccann007

Vu+ User
I ve noticed I got the latest I version although I never did online update, since install bh 3 months ago... Is there explanation for this?

Mick12334

What are you trying to open?
If using a program, like Filezilla, to access your receiver, from your PC, you just need the host, which is your receivers IP address, root, which is the username, and leave the password blank.