Black Hole 3.0.6 Vu+ Solo2

AlexWilMac

We have already discussed this, you can't overwrite a recording, but it seems the file path isn't changing, so all file paths are linked to the same date, thus the original file path is no longer available.
You either stop using this feature, and set individual timers, or try a new image, like Open Black Hole, and see if that works.
Did this feature work in earlier Black Hole images?
Does it work correctly in the original VU+ image?

Fortunately I abandoned BH, despite it was my first love, in favour of OBH already since its 0.6 release: so I have never had this terrible problem because this feature is simply fundamental, unavoidable to me. I couldn't help using it.
I confirm that this feature worked in the early version of BH but I now don't remember which was the last (good) one and I confirm it has ALWAYS worked under OBH, in every versions, included current 4.2.

Seth_72

Vu+ User
It has worked in all previous images prior to 3.01 by Black hole. Its a basic feature and shoud work!

I haven't tried other images because I want to use BH!
Never had this problem. Its works very good for med all this years and version . BH is the one

AlexWilMac

This forum is full of messages about this bug and you say you don't have it? If true, maybe is only for your model or maybe you did not realize what we are talking about.
The bug concerns timers where you repeat a recording periodically (everyday, every week, every what you like). In the past BH versions, it created different files (of course) and if you read their names by FZ or similar, you read, instance,
20181008 2108 - RSI LA 1 HD - Now You See Me 2.ts
and at least other 3 files with the same name but different extensions.
The next recording appeared with the same name in the list but, by FTP had, of course, different date, for instance:
20181009 2108 - RSI LA 1 HD - Now You See Me 2.ts

Unfortunately, many BH users have so far reported this change of date does not happen any longer in the last BHs and this causes the overwriting of the recording themselves.
If you are sure this does not happen to you, you are lucky or it's just your model's image that is not affected (because there are bug that, in the same image and version and subversion, affect only some models).

Seth_72

Vu+ User
i know what i am talking about and its works fine for me, never had that problem , never on duo or duo2

AlexWilMac

Good for you but, as also our Moderator @Mick12334 said in post #19, this bug has been reported and discussed many many times so far and it is very well known. I'm glad your images are not affected. Surely none of OBH is and that's was all I wanted to say.

87katia

Vu+ User
for what concerns the timer error on the new BH 3.0.6, the team could not include / use the same procedure as the old images

AlexWilMac

Strange... for Seth_72 BH is perfect and this VERY SERIOUS bug simply does not exist... ;) Probably he's got a personalised version of BH, as MANY MANY other users have been reporting this bug.

twin

Vu+ Newbie
@Alexwilmac
Same problem here, same program, such as news man-ons. on timer.
recording overwrites every day so you end up with the last one.
vu+solo2 BH 3.0.6, New clean install in flash without any use of plugin.

Seth_72

Vu+ User
Strange... for Seth_72 BH is perfect and this VERY SERIOUS bug simply does not exist... ;) Probably he's got a personalised version of BH, as MANY MANY other users have been reporting this bug.
Ihave not a personal bh and mine autotimer have always worked

AlexWilMac

As I guessed since post#23, you haven't got what we are talking about. We are not talking about autotimer but about timers that are set to record several occurrences of an event. And all the last BHs cause an overwriting of these recordings, because they don't rename the original .ts file.

AlexWilMac

There is not only EPG to create a timer: you can also create one from scratch.
But the problem reported by many, many users, is that, whatever you create a timer, if you have a timer programmed, for instance, to record a programme every day or every week or every what you like, it overwrites the recordings because the .ts file produced (which MUST have a different time and date in its filename) has not.

Seth_72

Vu+ User
i dont make timer from scratch ( like vhs) i use epg for singel recordning and for many recording and then i use auto timer for the same programme at the same time every week.
why make them manuell ,

AlexWilMac

As I said, it happens HOWEVER you prepare a timer. It does not matter how. This is what has been reported by many users. I experienced this problem a long time ago, before I abandoned BH, my first love, in favour of OBH.