Black Hole 3.0.6 Vu+ Zero4K

el bandido

Vu+ User
Maybe the next Vu+ receiver will have no signal meter at all? Doing that would solve the signal meter issues and the discussions about it. I guess we need to use other brands of receivers or the old duo2 when we need to adjust our dish motors or when our dish motors get out of alignment?

The signal meter in the Zero 4K is useless to me right now because it reads 100% on almost all signals regardless of how strong they are. Signal meters in db do not read 100% and are supposed to keep going up as long as the signal is getting stronger. Signal meters in db are useful even if they are not completely calibrated.

Anyway, little or no chance of this getting fixed, or any of the other Zero 4K issues because no one cares about them. So now I look for other brands besides Vu+. Really hate to do that, but the lack of caring about whether things work or not in the Zero 4K product has changed my opinion of the Vu+ name.

Adoniss

Vu+ Newbie
Maybe the next Vu+ receiver will have no signal meter at all? Doing that would solve the signal meter issues and the discussions about it. I guess we need to use other brands of receivers or the old duo2 when we need to adjust our dish motors or when our dish motors get out of alignment?

The signal meter in the Zero 4K is useless to me right now because it reads 100% on almost all signals regardless of how strong they are. Signal meters in db do not read 100% and are supposed to keep going up as long as the signal is getting stronger. Signal meters in db are useful even if they are not completely calibrated.

Anyway, little or no chance of this getting fixed, or any of the other Zero 4K issues because no one cares about them. So now I look for other brands besides Vu+. Really hate to do that, but the lack of caring about whether things work or not in the Zero 4K product has changed my opinion of the Vu+ name.

Dear Its useless to discuss or argue with team here , when there is any issue in any receiver , they will disown VU+ but if someone say something bad about vu+ they will ban them and its called hypocrisy

they already provided you solution in previous page that dont use vu+ and people already accepted their suggestions due to their behavior in the past and failure of many recent models is the witness of this.

There are many alternatives now in the market , VU+ is the only company without any official support forum and no forums owns them and there is no valid email or physical address where we can contact them which shows its a shady company and soon will wrap up its business

Matrix10

Administrator
Dear Its useless to discuss or argue with team here , when there is any issue in any receiver , they will disown VU+ but if someone say something bad about vu+ they will ban them and its called hypocrisy

they already provided you solution in previous page that dont use vu+ and people already accepted their suggestions due to their behavior in the past and failure of many recent models is the witness of this.

There are many alternatives now in the market , VU+ is the only company without any official support forum and no forums owns them and there is no valid email or physical address where we can contact them which shows its a shady company and soon will wrap up its business

Warning

As far as I can see you have not got Ban yet.
But not because of VU + criticism.
That's your right.
But this forum is not a VU + company.
VU+ is here
http://www.vuplus.com/sub/main.php
and
http://www.vuplus.com/sub/sub0203.php

We here are not in charge of listening to your frustration,
and personal attacks.
As much as possible, we can help the users.
but because you do not follow the rules of the forum.

read them again

7) Will not be tolerated any public criticism of the work staff and decisions taken by them,
any disputes with them must be pursued in private.

So this discussion ends here.
Otherwise, follow Ban from the forum.

Last edited:

AlexWilMac

But if you need to adjust your dish alignment (as I do sometimes) you absolutely don't need an ABSOLUTE measurement!!! You just need to know if moving your dish is improving your reception or not!
And this is exactly what I do. I'm not interested at all to have absolute values. And the every antenna technicians I've met, told me that their equipment to measure the signal are not to be intended as able to give real measures. But they just go to the transponder they already know it's the weakest and work to adjust the alignment on it. When you have the maximum possible for the weakest one, obviously the strongest are not an issue.
As Einstein should have taught, everything is relative.

el bandido

Vu+ User
Well....When the Zero 4K signal meter stays at 100% and you have moved the dish a degree or two, How can you tell if the reception is improved or not? The signal should go up or down as the dish is moved. It should not stay at 100%. Impossible to find the signal peak with the Zero 4k.

sabrintos

Vu+ Newbie
Can you change place of your vu+ zero4k to an other dish to make sure that the problem of signales % is solved sometimes the dish and lnb also the coax cable are the responsable of such things

el bandido

Vu+ User
I have a 3.6 meter commercial dish for c band and a 1.2 meter dish for ku band. Both of them are motorized. I can swap the Zero 4K for the Duo2 or other enigma2 receivers and easily find signal peaks for the many satellites this system can target. But it is impossible to peak such a system with a signal meter like the Zero 4K has. The Zero 4K loves to stay at 100%, especially on the c band dish.

el bandido

Vu+ User
I already downloaded and tried last open BH image and BH image. Not a bit of difference with the signal meter. And the BlackHole backup bug is still there. Thought that might be fixed, but it is not.

The backup bug in BH should be a simple fix and probably does not require Vu+ to fix it.
When you make a full BH backup and you have the pvr kit installed, a vuplus folder is made on the root of your usb hard drive that is located inside the pvr kit. This does not bother anything until you try to flash another image such as OpenPli. The box bootloops because of the vuplus folder being on the root of the usb hard drive when a different image is flashed. The only way I know to correct the bootloop is to reflash the BH image, then use FileZilla to delete the vuplus folder. This should be easy to fix by telling the backup program not to write the vuplus folder to the root of the drive when the pvr kit is installed.

sabrintos

Vu+ Newbie
I had the same problem a few weeks ago with an other brand not enigma2 famillly, and i didnt found any solution to establish the Rx ,what i did ,i flashed the brand with its old software and it works good after i updated it with the last software and it keeps runing with ratio signals good

AlexWilMac

Well....When the Zero 4K signal meter stays at 100% and you have moved the dish a degree or two, How can you tell if the reception is improved or not? The signal should go up or down as the dish is moved. It should not stay at 100%. Impossible to find the signal peak with the Zero 4k.

OMG! Zero 4K is well known to have a hardware problem and this has been discussed many many times! We are not talking about this specific case but in general about the signal meter "issue".

Matrix10

Administrator
It becomes irritating to discuss for the hundredth time SNR problem
something that must be known in VU +,and on all other forums.

So what's the idea?
Discuss the SNR problem in hundreds of posts without any results.
Or we will discuss about our image.
I already wrote earlier that this does not achieve anything.
We are not VU + engineers and we do not know what is the problem.
Which means you need to contact VU + directly or their dealers.
As for the rest, I remain in my opinion that it is a great receiver for not much money.
On the contrary, the tuner is the best I ever had ,supports multistream transponders and S2X,
sensitivity excellent.
The picture quality and speed is very good.
I have set/adjust the antenna long ago with another device.
My opinion has nothing to do with bias for VU+.
These are the facts.
This small receiver, except SNR measurements practically has no bigger problem
in relation to all others.