Black Hole Vu+ Duo 2.1.3 V2

demetris

Vu+ User
Hey man dont have this attidute , these guys are working for free for us and keep this old box alive and kicking. Please show some respect the least.

lxch063

Vu+ Newbie
Hey man dont have this attidute , these guys are working for free for us and keep this old box alive and kicking. Please show some respect the least.
Man, I reply with info that current release is unusable (even in V2) - this is feedback for developer. I have respect to these guys. But, to be honest, if I do something and it has serious problems, I would like to know it ASAP. 2.1.3 V2 is working just for less than 12 hours, then memory is over and box is unusable. Only way is restart and then another 12 hours...
So as I mentioned in previous reply - only way is to revert to previous 2.1.1 or 2.1.2 and if they solve issue in 2.1.4 go for it, test it and give feedback.

This is not about blaming anybody. Only one who is doing nothing is error free.

Shiro

BH-C
Man, I reply with info that current release is unusable (even in V2) - this is feedback for developer. I have respect to these guys. But, to be honest, if I do something and it has serious problems, I would like to know it ASAP. 2.1.3 V2 is working just for less than 12 hours, then memory is over and box is unusable. Only way is restart and then another 12 hours...
So as I mentioned in previous reply - only way is to revert to previous 2.1.1 or 2.1.2 and if they solve issue in 2.1.4 go for it, test it and give feedback.

This is not about blaming anybody. Only one who is doing nothing is error free.

Thanks for the feedback but i need to explain better.
With the introduction in the Vu+ drivers of the framebuffer 1080p support the Ram of the duo have reached the limit.
So you have to understand that this is not a Black Hole image problem. The duo starts to be too much old to be capable to run the latest software improvements.
This issue will be more problematic in the next releases and with the new generation of full hd skins (1920x1080)
We will try in 2.1.4 to compress ram to have more room, hoping that the box will be more stable.
But we cant do more than this.

jrbmw

Vu+ User
Surely the latest release is for the use of a swap file,which will incease the ram and solve the problem and hopefully in new releases as well
Ive found this version using the swap file the best for a long while and as stable as the black pole image.

bogdanm

What do you mean by a full flash? Can I use my settings back up after flashing?
Full flashing is when you mast copy last version image to usb and after this go to update by your usb.
After this all your setting will be delete and you will be mast setup all from begined.

If you can save your setup try used in your old image "personal backup" other way is copy all importend file to your computer but you mast know whot you mast copy.

Im see you used old version image now beter way will be setup all from begined and no used and backup.
Good way is have too backup your image who is now used by you becouse if you will be have problem with setup new version image you will be possibility back to your image 2.0.9.1 .

cga

Vu+ Newbie
When the box is off the displays shows main menu. How can I change the display to show the time instead?