Black Hole Vu+ Duo 2.1.4

mosllam

Vu+ Newbie
BH2.1.4 V2 without the full hd framebuffer is 2.1.2 and above.
Now the Vu+ drivers include this feature so it is not possible in future to build images without it.
And soon there will be very very big news in images and new features.

BH 2.1.2 has a majer problem with ...... and its good for free ch only

and today Bh 2.1.4 stopped twice

it stopped with the green screen and evry time I had to swtich the power off and on again after some minutes

in each time ram was full ( 98% )

so again I had to istall anther image in flash ( open something ) and anther image in multiboot ( open something else )

that image and its famly is the only one that works fine ( for now )

strage that this image ( open some thing ) works in meoboot with BH2.1.4 in flash but had the same ...... problem

but when I install the ( open .... ) in flash and the other image in multiboot the ...... works fine

I do not know when the support of the old sets liks ( solo and duo ) will stop

soon I guss

so I think I have to look for a new set just in case

------------
-----------------
---------------------

Shiro

BH-C
BH 2.1.2 has a majer problem with ...... and its good for free ch only

and today Bh 2.1.4 stopped twice

it stopped with the green screen and evry time I had to swtich the power off and on again after some minutes

in each time ram was full ( 98% )

so again I had to istall anther image in flash ( open something ) and anther image in multiboot ( open something else )

that image and its famly is the only one that works fine ( for now )

strage that this image ( open some thing ) works in meoboot with BH2.1.4 in flash but had the same ...... problem

but when I install the ( open .... ) in flash and the other image in multiboot the ...... works fine

I do not know when the support of the old sets liks ( solo and duo ) will stop

soon I guss

so I think I have to look for a new set just in case

------------
-----------------
---------------------

First of all BH have not any problem with ....
Bh have the new kernel and your .... need to be updated to work with the new kernel but to discuss about this is not allowed and if you will continue you will be banned.

Second: you are talking about another image that is not updated in kernel and drivers. Check the kernel version and drivers version of the image that you are talking about and you will see that is older than bh.
So to use that image is like to use Bh 2.1.1.

Third: You all have to understand that the latest kernel and drivers cause these issues to duo and solo images.
If you don't want to have these issues you have to go back to Bh 2.1.1 or use other images with old drivers and kernel.

To be more clear: problems with ... have been introduced with the use of the latest kernel. Problem with ram have been introduced with latest drivers that implemnting the full hd frame buffer use too much ram for old solo and duo.

Those are not Bh issues but kernel and drivers issues.

mosllam

Vu+ Newbie
First of all BH have not any problem with ....
Bh have the new kernel and your .... need to be updated to work with the new kernel but to discuss about this is not allowed and if you will continue you will be banned.

Second: you are talking about another image that is not updated in kernel and drivers. Check the kernel version and drivers version of the image that you are talking about and you will see that is older than bh.
So to use that image is like to use Bh 2.1.1.

Third: You all have to understand that the latest kernel and drivers cause these issues to duo and solo images.
If you don't want to have these issues you have to go back to Bh 2.1.1 or use other images with old drivers and kernel.

To be more clear: problems with ... have been introduced with the use of the latest kernel. Problem with ram have been introduced with latest drivers that implemnting the full hd frame buffer use too much ram for old solo and duo.

Those are not Bh issues but kernel and drivers issues.

I complety understand the legal responsblty for Bh Team and I shoud not talk about this ****

but I want to able to use a Bh image normaly like I did before for many years

do I have to look for help in somewhere else which might be un trusted

if I cannot say the ward at least I can say anther word that signal to it but no legal resbonsblty in it

I realy wish and hope that I did some rong or miss some thing while installing the image

but iam not an expert - just everyday less than average user who need an urgent help

I already tried BH2.1.1 before and found it the same ****

I even treid BH1.6.6 great image working just fine but ollmost no support for it in many things like plugins for ex

---------------------

I will try with BH2.1.1 today now in flash and the same in usb with meoboot

i will wait for your guide step by step and ward by ward

guide me like iam using the duo for the first time

----------------

i will install the image in flash and then turnoff the power

not to do any step befor a clear confermation that its the right one

i know that evry step is here in anther section

just give me the link and i will read it carfully and get back here if there is any word i donot understand

kyrliot

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for your work and effort .The only problem i have with this version is that when i use sleep timer to go to deep standby most of the times is either stuck with a spiinner turning (most of the times) or rarely reboots .

mosllam

Vu+ Newbie
I forget something

I got an sdvice to use the plugin ( clearMOM ) from mr ramy maher

this is the first time I use that plugin

that plugin solve the problem of the ram being full

after using the plugin the ram was 97% full and it got down to only 68% full

but the other problem still there

now I complete the flash of BH2.1.1

I will put my quistions in BH2.1.1 post and wait for advice

Attachments

• INEO__A_11_.jpg
    INEO__A_11_.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 51
  • INEO__B_34_.jpg
    INEO__B_34_.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 48

Shiro

BH-C
@Shiro: Does the new BH2.1.4 make the expansion via these tools described in your post http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...threads/howto-extend-flash-in-bh-images.8187/ obsolete then? Or do you still recommend expanding memory through teleportation or meoboot?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warning Flash and Ram are two different things.
Ram is volatile memory, Flash is internal room to write data (like internal hdd of your pc).
To expand flash you can use the tools described in my post that you quoted because in that way you use the free space in your usb instead of limited internal flash space.
To expand ram you have to use a swap file.

manu1201

Vu+ Newbie
Warning Flash and Ram are two different things.
Ram is volatile memory, Flash is internal room to write data (like internal hdd of your pc).
To expand flash you can use the tools described in my post that you quoted because in that way you use the free space in your usb instead of limited internal flash space.
To expand ram you have to use a swap file.

Very clear Shiro!
Thanks a lot!
/manu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arko7

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for your work and effort .The only problem i have with this version is that when i use sleep timer to go to deep standby most of the times is either stuck with a spiinner turning (most of the times) or rarely reboots .

I also have a similar problem with BH 2.1.4 (VU+ UNO) - when STB is in deep standby it will not wake up at scheduled timer.
I have previously used Black Pole 1.0 image and there were no such issue with this functionality.

Could somebody verify that, please?

nisse43

Vu+ Newbie
hi there... i can`t ftp to my vu+ after installing this on my vu+ duo.. i can`t enable ftp panel..

Please help