Black Hole Vu+ Duo v.2.0.1 OE 2

Vilem

Vu+ Newbie
I may disagree with U, using one universe @USB will help decrease the memory load on duo flash Ram!
Its Like using BH image on the STB flash with no settings( plugin, skins,,,,etc) , then installing BH image ,on USB/universe ,with full loads of plug-ins, settings , scripts,,skins,,,etc)!

Hi, just to be sure I again reinstalled everything like you described, clean install, switch to Chaos and installed all plugins I normally install plus some which could be fun.

In the morning it's again as complained before, the box is slow, so slow it is not possible to switch channels. Swap is at 41% and the only way to get it out of this state is to do a hard reset. I'm sure the main cause is the cross epg refresh in the night (BH EPG is not working for me, see previous post), this also happened with older images but not as quick as with this one.

Isn't there a script I could use to do a hard reset in the night.

Hi, just to be sure I again reinstalled everything like you described, clean install, switch to Chaos and installed all plugins I normally install plus some which could be fun.

In the morning it's again as complained before, the box is slow, so slow it is not possible to switch channels. Swap is at 41% and the only way to get it out of this state is to do a hard reset. I'm sure the main cause is the cross epg refresh in the night (BH EPG is not working for me, see previous post), this also happened with older images but not as quick as with this one.

Isn't there a script I could use to do a hard reset in the night.

You can use BH cron manager under blue > blue > BH cron mamanger. There are predefined scripts to reboot your box, let's say, after downloading epg data. Just run cron manager and click red to add script.
But in your case will be good to use two scripts - first for reboot, e.g. at 6:00am and 2nd - for stb standby or deep sleep (at 6:01am). Reason for it is that your CEC plugin will turn your TV on every time box will be rebooted.
And remember what @MX10 posted above - you've too many providers used for epg data - that's the reason your box keeps slowing down and crashing.

Vilem

Vu+ Newbie
You can use BH cron manager under blue > blue > BH cron mamanger. There are predefined scripts to reboot your box, let's say, after downloading epg data. Just run cron manager and click red to add script.
But in your case will be good to use two scripts - first for reboot, e.g. at 6:00am and 2nd - for stb standby or deep sleep (at 6:01am). Reason for it is that your CEC plugin will turn your TV on every time box will be rebooted.
And remember what @MX10 posted above - you've too many providers used for epg data - that's the reason your box keeps slowing down and crashing.

Thank you, I will try that. Great advice.

bluechris

Vu+ Newbie
I have a strange problem ... i have a yamaha Home theater system and the problem is that if in Yamaha i have choose to play what VU+ outputs and i shutdown the yamaha then my VU+ completely freezes... and i didnt had any kind of trouble before some BH versions.
I really dont get it... yamaha & VU+ are connected with an optical cable... if i dont poweroff the yamaha but insteat i switch to CD Input or FM Radio and then shutit down then VU+ doesnt hung.

Its strange.

Matrix10

Administrator
I have a strange problem ... i have a yamaha Home theater system and the problem is that if in Yamaha i have choose to play what VU+ outputs and i shutdown the yamaha then my VU+ completely freezes... and i didnt had any kind of trouble before some BH versions.
I really dont get it... yamaha & VU+ are connected with an optical cable... if i dont poweroff the yamaha but insteat i switch to CD Input or FM Radio and then shutit down then VU+ doesnt hung.

Its strange.

I do not believe that the problem of optical
but some kind of interference.
Have you tried to place Yamaha to another position.
Or to connect Yamaha to a different power connector.

Its strange.
do you use hdmi between vu and yamaha as well?
do you use hdmi CEC settings in your TV?

ccse44

Vu+ Newbie
Hi the community,

has some one experienced with the VuDuo, issues with the ftp and telnet service with new BH image? Telnet and ftp deamon do not accept remote connection anymore, I have to reboot in order to get access again to these services.
Reagards

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Hi the community,

has some one experienced with the VuDuo, issues with the ftp and telnet service with new BH image? Telnet and ftp deamon do not accept remote connection anymore, I have to reboot in order to get access again to these services.
Reagards
It's not clear, is it working or not? Explain better, when you don't have an access. I'm using Vu+ Control Center without any problems.

ccse44

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

I do not use any apps, only using basic linux command line.
After a while, the ftp and telnet deamon stop responding on Vuduo with BH 2.0.1. When I run a nmap against the vuduo ->nmap -v -sS Vuduo_IP - p 21,23,80 only the port 80 is responding, the other are down. Clear to you?

The only way I have to access again via terminal, is to restsart the services by rebooting the vuduo. Enabling/Desabling via the BH panel do not work.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
I'm working on WinXP (FileZilla), never had problems, could be something wrong with your Linux distribution? I don't know, sorry.

Nixy82

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

After a while, the ftp and telnet deamon stop responding on Vuduo with BH 2.0.1. When I run a nmap against the vuduo ->nmap -v -sS Vuduo_IP - p 21,23,80 only the port 80 is responding, the other are down. Clear to you?

Hi

Runing the below will tell you if the inetd process is running, although I'll admit you will need a telnet/ssh prompt to find this out

inetd is what controls the telnet/ftp demons are running, and dropbear is the ssh service so we should be able to get some info either way
Code:
root@bm750:/etc/init.d# netstat -tnlp | grep inetd
Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State PID/Program name
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:8001 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 759/inetd
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:23 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 759/inetd

port 23 is telnet in my case

As far as I can tell these are switched on/off via the conf file /etc/inetd.conf (services with # at the front are disabled)

I don't know how the GUI controls this though (maybe sed?), or what would cause these to stop working spontaneously

If the SSH demon works (root/vuplus) and the inetd has died then maybe you have a corrupt inetd.conf file?

zano sano

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

The only way I have to access again via terminal, is to restsart the services by rebooting the vuduo. Enabling/Desabling via the BH panel do not work.

same problem at me, the vu duo lose the network somehow. And I must restart the box to get the network back.

bluechris

Vu+ Newbie
I do not believe that the problem of optical
but some kind of interference.
Have you tried to place Yamaha to another position.
Or to connect Yamaha to a different power connector.

Thx m8.. i think i will try to change all the cables.. my old Yamaha dont have HDMI inputs.
I dont have HDMI CEC TV and my connections are
VU --> HDMI Cable ---> TV
VU --> Optical Cable ---> Yamaha (RX-V757 model)

What i found is that the problem appeared when HDMI CEC arrived in BH Images... i dont know why but its not biggy .. the solution that i found to change the input in Yamaha before i shutit down is fine.

P.S. Offcourse in VU my CEC settings are off.

Iceman222

Vu+ Newbie
Hi I've just put this image on after running vix for 6 months and I'm very impressed but on my vix image the LCD on the front of my duo told me what channel I'm on and my blackhole image does not can anyone give me some help as I'm sure it's just an option some where

Look for the file called skin_user.xml in /etc/enigma2 and delete it, restart enigma2.
For the picons look in /usr/share/enigma2