Black Hole Vu+ Duo2 2.1.3

Contact99

Vu+ User
My Duo2 is using BH 2.1.0 and all is perfect except for Hbb Tv and Blind Scan as I suspect bugs in this image (2.1.0) that effect these two so I'm thinking of updating to BH 2.1.3 but I'm scared of all the work I would have to do although I have backed up everything via Dreambox edit and Dreamset + backed up my LCD4.config file. My duo2 controls 12 dishes + Terrestrial TV+Other and I am using the complicated Advanced setting found in Reception settings.
Now for the 4 questions I would like to know from you more experienced guys with the Duo 2.
1/ If I backed up my Duo 2 as what member Lefjomp is talking about and I reflashed the duo2 with BH 2.1.3 and restored all back will the duo 2 be the same as before I flashed it (all my settings,sats,DISEqc,etc + other). Remember my duo2 is set up to control a large collection of Dishes via DISEqC 1.2 and DISEqc 1.1.
2/ Before flashing with new image do I need to disconnect HDD (for Sat and Terrestrial TV recordings) and also the rear USB used for Picons only.
3/ After box is flashed with new image and say I reconnect the HDD and USB, remember the Existing Hard drive has recordings on it and so does the USB as that has plenty of picons in it what do I do to get the both to reconnect with the new image. (DO NOT WANT TO REFORMAT THEM AGAIN don't we) Do I just do a re-map or whatever so BH 2.1.3 will recognize both my devices.
4/ Any other matters I should remember/ do/ don't do before taking on this project of upgrading an image by backing up and restoring method.

Can someone please give me some input on the above.
thanks

Mito

Administrator
Can someone please give me some input on the above.
thanks
1) Make a Personal Backup: Menu > Backup Menu > Personal Backup
2) Shut down your Duo2
3) Disconnect all the USB devices connected to your receiver
4) Install the new image: HowTo flash/update Vu+ images
5) After image uploaded, shut down again your Duo2
6) Connect your USB devices
7) Wake up the receiver and by Devices Manager (blue button > blue Button) mount your USB devices and/or hdd;
8) Restore your Personal Backup by Backup Panel: Menu > Backup Menu > Personal Backup

Contact99

Vu+ User
1) Make a Personal Backup: Menu > Backup Menu > Personal Backup
2) Shut down your Duo2
3) Disconnect all the USB devices connected to your receiver
4) Install the new image: HowTo flash/update Vu+ images
5) After image uploaded, shut down again your Duo2
6) Connect your USB devices
7) Wake up the receiver and by Devices Manager (blue button > blue Button) mount your USB devices and/or hdd;
8) Restore your Personal Backup by Backup Panel: Menu > Backup Menu > Personal Backup

Firstly thank you for your reply.
Item 7/ Wake up the receiver no doubt mean turn the mains power back on the Duo2 I presume. Its a bit of a pain but an necessary pain as my Duo2 lives in a ventilated part of a cabinet (as do other receivers) and has to be totally removed to disconnect and reconnect the HDD but it has to be done correctly. Thank you for clearing that up regarding the mounting of a device either or both a USB and HDD. I was not sure if it was mounting or mapping you must do after installing a new Image. Mapping must be for the formatting side of it by the look at it. Is this correct!

Scorpiodriver

Vu+ Newbie
Yesterday i have installed Blackhole 2.1.2 on my Vu+ Duo2 receiver. Now I see, the new Blackhole 2.1.3. What's the difference between my old, and the new one?

boun13

Vu+ Newbie
great job and thank you,
i think in this version support for right to left languages (rtl) is not as it was in previous versions. and fonts sets are not installed as before- i am having trouble displaying rtl languages in general and especially in epg.
does anyone have an input on how to correct this?
thanks