Black Hole Vu+ Duo2 2.1.6

franron

Vu+ Newbie
Hi. Someone has problems with Youtbe TV?. This plugin start, but I have audio but without video. I use BH 2.1.6.1

simonepsp

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry for the stupid question. I just flashed BH 2.1.6 (I was previously using OpenATV) and I'm looking for a way to update plugins.

I've only found an "image updater function" but not a plugin one.
For example, if an update of "HDMI CEC" plugin comes out, how can I update it? OpenATV has this function...but I can't find it in BH

Contact99

Vu+ User
Sorry for the stupid question. I just flashed BH 2.1.6 (I was previously using OpenATV) and I'm looking for a way to update plugins.

I've only found an "image updater function" but not a plugin one.
For example, if an update of "HDMI CEC" plugin comes out, how can I update it? OpenATV has this function...but I can't find it in BH

If I'm correct you FTP the Plugin unzipped to the tmp folder(some plugins are sent across zipped) once in the tmp folder of the duo2, look for them in the BH or IPK install folder. Path is Press Menu/Addons and look at both option one on top of each other being "Manually Install BH Packages" or the other option "Manually Install IPK Packages".

Last edited:

simonepsp

Vu+ Newbie
If I'm correct you FTP the Plugin unzipped to the tmp folder(some plugins are sent across zipped) once in the tmp folder of the duo2, look for them in the BH or IPK install folder. Path is Press Menu/Addons and look at both option one on top of each other being "Manually Install BH Packages" or the other option "Manually Install IPK Packages".

oh :( so I can't upgrade plugins directly from my VU+ without downloading ipk with a PC?
This function would be very interesting because it doesn't update only plugins but system packages also. (Like on OpenATV image)
So you would able to keep your SAT device daily updated ...

Matrix10

Administrator
oh :( so I can't upgrade plugins directly from my VU+ without downloading ipk with a PC?
This function would be very interesting because it doesn't update only plugins but system packages also. (Like on OpenATV image)
So you would able to keep your SAT device daily updated ...

That's not the way it works VU + updates and BH image updates.
VU + have no daily updates, and so frequent changes.

All important updates are already contained within the image.
Plugins you can download from our server for Black Hole image
or install manualy .
All important updates you can update from image
or we make completely new image.

But if you want daily updates you can use Open Black Hole image.

simonepsp

Vu+ Newbie
That's not the way it works VU + updates and BH image updates.
VU + have no daily updates, and so frequent changes.

All important updates are already contained within the image.
Plugins you can download from our server for Black Hole image
or install manualy .
All important updates you can update from image
or we make completely new image.

But if you want daily updates you can use Open Black Hole image.

I see...thanks for clarification :)
Have a nice day.

MickyMac

Vu+ Newbie
I have BH 2.1.6 and have tried BH 2.1.6.1 on my Vu+ Duo2 but on both images I have a lot of problems with the font or text size of the addons. This was not the case for BH 2.1.5. I use default skins all the time.
For example, when configuring Media portal, I have to sit at about one meter away from my 55" HD TV (scart attached) screen to be able to read the text. The bottom part where it should show the colour keys is off-screen. Changing the screen size ratio (standard at auto, but have tried 4:3 and 16:9) does not help. Similarly for the normal Customise menu item (Menu/system/customise); very small text. I use EMC (v3.7.4 betea) and am not able to read my recorded entries from my normal TV watching position.
Is this a BH 2.1.6 problem? Or perhaps a skin problem? Is there a solution or do I have to go back to BH 2.1.5 and wait for a solution later? I have not yet tried BH 2.1.7.

Any help will be appreciated

(edit: why is the word "k e y s" stared out in my message?)