Black Hole Vu+ Solo2 v.2.0.1 OE 2

andykaltri

Vu+ Newbie
I am a new solo2 user trying out different images. I must say that I really like the blackhole image, but I have a question.
How can I set the receiver to shut down automatically every day at a certain time?
I tried it with cron manager where I added a cron job to deep standby at 00:15, but when I checked this morning the stb was on.
Any ideas?
Thank you.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
I am a new solo2 user trying out different images. I must say that I really like the blackhole image, but I have a question.
How can I set the receiver to shut down automatically every day at a certain time?
I tried it with cron manager where I added a cron job to deep standby at 00:15, but when I checked this morning the stb was on.
Any ideas?
Thank you.

Menu > Settings > System > Autoshutdown

paolino

Vu+ User+++
You can do it also by Menu > Black Hole Shutdown > Set Sleep Timer . This one will give you an option for Deep Standby after time you set.
You can use also Menu > Timer . This has an option for Deep Standby too, when the programmed event ends.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Maybe I didn't explain well. I'm doing next: Menu > Black Hole Shutdown > Shutdown (deep standby), next I wait for box to be off (only power LED illuminated, VFD off), I wait about 10 seconds and next I cut off the power of PSU (power switch, which disconnect from mains TV and other devices too). So the settings of enigma are saved.
As I wrote before, when I turn the main power on (switch for all of my devices) after about 5 or 10 minutes, everything works (box boots regulary). Only leaving the box without supply for more time it does things, like I wrote before (doesn't recognize USB WLAN and DVB-T and needs only Menu > Black Hole Shutdown > Restart to work like before). I noticed this two times (yesterday and a day before yesterday).
If it will happen also this evening, it will be third time a row (I turned off my box before going to sleep and I will turn it this evening like I did before), the bug is confirmed almost at 100%.

It's confirmed BUG? This evenig same thing, box on > boot > no WLAN, no DVB-T > Restart > everything OK. I would like to notice, that I turned off the box with DVB-T channel active. I'll try to turn it off tonight with DVB-S channel active, want to see, what happens.

It's confirmed BUG? This evenig same thing, box on > boot > no WLAN, no DVB-T > Restart > everything OK. I would like to notice, that I turned off the box with DVB-T channel active. I'll try to turn it off tonight with DVB-S channel active, want to see, what happens.
I'd say that it is some kind of hardware failure, instead of image bug, to get proper power to devices connected into usb ports (and initialised them in the right time?). Boot procedure and its timings are still the same during boot time - it doesn't matter how long your vu is without power, does it?
If you'll cut the power intermittently - USB devices are recognizable - if power is off for long time of period - they are not discoverable, are they?
There was a problem like that ages ago when e2proms were powered by batteries but I do not think so that's the reason of power fault with 21 century boxes ;)
Do you know what I mean? :)

paolino

Vu+ User+++
I'd say that it is some kind of hardware failure, instead of image bug, to get proper power to devices connected into usb ports (and initialised them in the right time?). Boot procedure and its timings are still the same during boot time - it doesn't matter how long your vu is without power, does it?
If you'll cut the power intermittently - USB devices are recognizable - if power is off for long time of period - they are not discoverable, are they?
There was a problem like that ages ago when e2proms were powered by batteries but I do not think so that's the reason of power fault with 21 century boxes ;)
Do you know what I mean? :)

I now, what you mean ;) .
It does matter, how long is without power. I did the same boot procedure leaving the box with no power for 45 minutes and it boots regulary.
Colud be a HW BUG or internal power supply problem or SW BUG too.
I left the box on DVB-S channel before turning it of yesterday, because I think, that's DVB-T tuner which is overloading in some way USB port (DVB-T and WLAN on separated ports at rear of the box).
Let me see, how it will boots tonight (I'm not able to make bootlog without working WLAN, I don't have 20m long LAN cable)

paolino

Vu+ User+++
I now, what you mean ;) .
It does matter, how long is without power. I did the same boot procedure leaving the box with no power for 45 minutes and it boots regulary.
Colud be a HW BUG or internal power supply problem or SW BUG too.
I left the box on DVB-S channel before turning it of yesterday, because I think, that's DVB-T tuner which is overloading in some way USB port (DVB-T and WLAN on separated ports at rear of the box).
Let me see, how it will boots tonight (I'm not able to make bootlog without working WLAN, I don't have 20m long LAN cable)

Nice think, leaving the box on DVB-S channel before turning it off for an hours (20 in my case) it booted without any problem :confused:. DVB-T works.
I'll leave it on DVB-T tonight to see, if the problem repeats.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Nice think, leaving the box on DVB-S channel before turning it off for an hours (20 in my case) it booted without any problem :confused:. DVB-T works.
I'll leave it on DVB-T tonight to see, if the problem repeats.

And this morning? WLAN and DVB-T not working, I did only Restart and everything turns normal. :wallbash:
I'll put them on powered hub, my suspected is internal 5V regulator (cold has problems warm not?).
If it's switching one (should be) it's probably him.

nobody will help you if you will not describe 'what this is about' by posting a bit more details about your receiver - network details, dhcp or static IP, wireless or cable, software you use, what image have you updated from, etc. I can write here even 100 posts but if you'll answer every time that 'it's not about' it is totally pointless to spend my time here trying to help you. Did you try to ping your box? What's its response?
I've updated my solo2 about 30 times now ( fresh 2.0.1 to 2.0.1a and - believe me - I've never had this kind of problem with ftp or telnet).

Emre

Vu+ Newbie
Hello,

I have flashed the image on the 1st message but I can not see channels names on the device LCD, what should be done to fix that?

Regards

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Hello,

I have flashed the image on the 1st message but I can not see channels names on the device LCD, what should be done to fix that?

Regards

Try to reflash, do an online update and that's it. I don't have any problems (BH default skin). Maybe you installed some not BH 2.0.1 compatible skin.
If you can't see anything on VFD (Starting, Vu+ SOLO2 during boot) it could be faulty.