Black Hole Vu+ Solo2 v. 2.0.4

PoseiDon25

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you very much for your replies. I will put vuplus folder on the usb along with solo2. I was going to upload my previous settings from another image but reading from this thread it seems that a fresh install will be better.

Great image for solo2.

Small bug: from media player adding files to playlist does not seem to work
Thanks.
menu > media player > menu then 'add directory to playlist' search your directory, if you want to add file to your playlist just click OKscreenshot1b.jpgscreenshot1a.jpg

PoseiDon25

Vu+ Newbie
I managed to instal BH and it's working fine on Solo2. It's a fab image and it's my first BH image.

Can I please ask if anyone know what did I do wrong when I was trying to get EPG working.

The channel names from the Solo2 display(front panel of the box) have disappeared.
I think. I was in EPG Panel I was downloading Sly EPG, but due to non-responsive issue I had to stop the box.
I have also uploaded settings which I made 4 hours ago but it didn't help.

Any idea what I've done wrong or help with the problem will be appreciated.

try hard reset at first stage. What channel list do you use?
To get epg working you need to configure it first (EPG panel or cross epg)

PoseiDon25

Vu+ Newbie
try hard reset at first stage. What channel list do you use?
To get epg working you need to configure it first (EPG panel or cross epg)

Is hard re-set is like factory re-set? Do I have to just load the settings or total re-flash.
I used CatsEyeE2 and was working fine.
I will search this site for link how to configure EPG.

hard reset: menu > black hole shutdown > hard reset
cross epg configuration:
menu > setup > cross epg > configure,
then you have to select:
storage device: (I recommend USB if you have one)
enable csv import: yes
force epg reload on boot: yes
download on tune: yes
scheduled download: (you can select what time epg will be downloaded - my settings: disable, I'm downloading epg when I can't see it - usually every 6,7 days)
show as plugin: yes
show as extension: yes
show 'force reload' as plugin: yes
then press exit and scroll down to: 'update rytec providers', press OK; scroll down to 'update xepgdb' providers - then press OK.
Next step is to set required providers (I only use xepgdb providers)
Scroll up to 'xepgdb providers'
then press OK,
and select all required providers from the list (press green to enable provider)
After all press yellow to download epg.
That will take a while, depends how many epg providers you've chosen.
You can also download epg through green panel (by pressing green on your remote control) then scroll down to 'crossepg downloader'
That's all about cross epg configuration

PoseiDon25

Vu+ Newbie
darian - Thank you ever so much for you time and help. EPG is sorted.

Hard set did not sort out the problem with displaying channel names on Solo2 front display. I must have changed something when I was messing with various option. It displays Enigma menu etc but not channels name etc. e.g if I change Audio language of a channel and go back to the channel or even different Sat it still displays Language change menus in front of Solo2 display. Or for example if I put the box into standby it will display Language change menu instead of date & time. It will only disappear if I put the box into deep sleep.

Any suggestion?

paolino

Vu+ User+++
darian - Thank you ever so much for you time and help. EPG is sorted.

Hard set did not sort out the problem with displaying channel names on Solo2 front display. I must have changed something when I was messing with various option. It displays Enigma menu etc but not channels name etc. e.g if I change Audio language of a channel and go back to the channel or even different Sat it still displays Language change menus in front of Solo2 display. Or for example if I put the box into standby it will display Language change menu instead of date & time. It will only disappear if I put the box into deep sleep.

Any suggestion?

Reflash, and use BH compatible skin. The skin is piloting VFD. (I consider to you not to use any of "virus" skins - f.e. HDG****).

oldfox

Vu+ Newbie
The image 2.0.3, 2.0.4 missing kernel-module-fuse. This is the reason for problems with Cyrillic and mounting disks with NTFS. If anyone has such problems, then install kernel-module-fuse_3.3.8-r0-bsp0-bh0_vusolo2.ipk

Attachments

• kernel-module-fuse_3.3.8-r0-bsp0-bh0_vusolo2.ipk
    49.9 KB · Views: 23

PoseiDon25

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you [oldfox, Paolino & darian23]. I have now resolved the issue and I'm sticking with Black Hole it's the best Image I've tried.

As it might help someone else this is what I did to get rid of the problem.
I had installed LCD picons (purely due to being newbie with BH) & this is what was causing this problem. This is what I did to get rid of the problem.

Deleted the below folder completely:
\usr\share\enigma2\piconlcd\

Also deleted skin_user.xml from /etc/enigma2

Finally, rebooted the box and everything is be back to normal :)

Shiro

BH-C
The image 2.0.3, 2.0.4 missing kernel-module-fuse. This is the reason for problems with Cyrillic and mounting disks with NTFS. If anyone has such problems, then install kernel-module-fuse_3.3.8-r0-bsp0-bh0_vusolo2.ipk

Wrong.
The module is not missing there is only a broken dependency.
You can solve simply activating djmount in bh speed.

Of course this have been fixed in 2.0.5

Shiro

BH-C
What's the difference? My actions have allowed to solve an old and important problem for me! And what are Your actions? :)

The problem was already known and solved. And is already fixed in 2.0.5
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/black-hole-vu-ultimo-v-2-0-4.13216/page-2#post-100069

The ipk you posted is unuseful. You have only to activate djmount or you can simply telnet to your box and digit: opkg install kernel-module-fuse.

But i understand that the post is not so visible so thank you for your post.
Remember only that the ipk is not needed.

billis2

Vu+ Newbie
hi bh 2.0.4 works perfect exhept mms why; missing something.
and opera browser play youtube video or not .